Sign in to follow this  
Wachtmeester

3Dclouds released

Hi,

After I saw Philcommando's PCclouds I thought that's nice! Let's give this a try and do something similar but a little different. So here's my version of 3D clouds. Offcourse improvements are still possible, so if you have any suggestions or comments feel free to post them.

Read the readme for installing etc..

Download version 1.0

3d1.jpg

3d2.jpg

Now that's impressive, I haven't tried them out but the pictures are nice. This could add something good to OFP with a bit more work.

now the next step is to make them like a cube.. but in a cloud form so it dont look.. wink_o.gif erm u know what i mean

There are some texture errors I can allready see from your screenshots, might want to fix them, but the "edges" of the clouds are too noticable with that "X-Ray" effect.

Looks great. May need to look at property lods.

Have you tried CanOcclude = 0, it is used for trees and texture transparancy, keeping hidden rendered trees visable when behind another. Look at a forest addon on 02. I think CanOcclude = 0 goes in the geometry lod.

Looks so much better than mine, definately!!!!! wow_o.gif Flying in ofp will never be the same again. Good job! smile_o.gif

Great , is it possible to use the clouds permanetly in game ? I mean to replace BIS clouds ? wink_o.gif

Exactly... smile_o.gif

Now someone just needs to do a little createVehicle and setpos script for generating clouds.

thnx for the comments all! I know there are some texture issues, that's because they are in .paa format, Pac will ruine the cloud effect. But I will try the canocclude effect, I never knew what it was for, but I allready used it in my forest's indeed. I also experimented with round clouds, but it's very hard to achieve a realistic effect.

Anyway I thought of the idea to use the 'drop' effect to generate clouds with particles, but i'm an absolutely noob at scripting so if anyone wishes to help....

if u have problems with the textures use paatool1.1

with the destination format not on auto detect but on either

dxt 5 :5 : 5: 1 (whihc wil make the edges sharp and th cloud solid)

or

rgba 4 : 4: 4: 4 which wil make the edges sharp and the cloud semi transparent

(be sure u have the right alpha channel on the texture)

some other cools tuff woudl eb if ud aniamte them

so them move at random

u could try to replac ethe bis default clouds

by lookin for them in the data3d and repalcing htem with the custom ones

im not sure if they are there actually

prolly they might be soem more lagg though

nice work hope u impove them biggrin_o.gif