Sign in to follow this  
ebns72

dak seang island

I third that motion!

Does that mean the AI will be able to walk thru forests after you fix it?

Oh yeah that would make that island good! It's the only problem i so much hate of this island now. I can't go inside the jungle as Charlie owns it, i wanna walk it with my squad as well.... Please please please fix those tree's tounge_o.gif

AI walking through forest would be so elite.

I really have to limit my mission making on this island, because there arent enough suitable spots that actually work with AI. I think if that problem is fixed, we have ourselves the best OFP island around(my view may be tainted as I think jungles just bloody rock in OFP, only place where AI has a good chance of spotting me before I spot them)

if that problem is fixed men this island will rock big time (maybe redo the airfield is also a good option for people who know how to do that)

Ok, somehow i totally missed the north-eastern area of the island...and afterward I must say i will no longer bitch about the jungles biggrin_o.gif These jungles are fantastic, but its shame the ai doesn't work in them, making it pointless..this island has many collision issues to iron out, but once that done it will be awesome.

I reaaly like the rice paddys. Also, the battlefield vietnam objects really add atmosphere.

I believe its CSJ choppers on op-info.  Although they are a beta and the new final versions I believe are almost readty for release with extra scripting.

on this page

Also a forum thread here somewhere

IMAGE OF WINCH

Anyway back on topic, This island I find is very laggy and could do with some objects removed. I'd settle for some larger path ways into jungle which would relieve some of the non jungle running problems. But then again it is a shame the jungle and AI conflict pathways. It spoils whats otherwise a great realisticly jungle island.

Anyway back on topic, This island I find is very laggy and could do with some objects removed.

What level of fog are you using when you encounter this lag?

I only ask because my system seriously isn't that great, yet I have no trouble with lag when a small amount of fog is used.

Me either, my fog is about 0.5 and I don't have a massive amount of lag and my machine might be good but it isn't that great. Lower your viewdistance aswell.

Here is a list of issues about the island that I put together

-Collision issues on various objects: Some of the bunkers can't be fired through due to the bullet collision being too high over the sandbags, not to mention you get stuck on numerous buildings...these include the temple, some huts, and the guard tower.

-More ambient jungle sounds...some areas have great ambient sound, but some are devoid of it entirely. The island needs steady ambient sounds throughout.

-AI can't walk through the jungle and various plants: They refuse to move. This completely makes a lot of the good parts of the island (the jungles) useless.

-Make some areas of the jungle have an increased density of the "large green" type undergrowth...currently jungles have some of it, would be great to see undergrowth of the tall-tree jungles match that of some of the lowland areas. In case you are wondering as to type of undergrowth I am talking about, here is the type of undergrowth I would like to see more of. As you can see in the lowlands there is lots of this, but it would be cool to see the dense jungle with this thick undergrowth. I understand lag is an issue, see my notes about performance.

-performance issues on some lower systems, even with fog. My recommendation would be to release a low-spec version of this island without grass and some other heavy-hitting objects. If the undergrowth is increased as suggested above, remove it in the lower version.

So, has anybody fixed the AI paths through the jungles on this island yet?

If someone would care to explain the paths to me a little bit...I would be happy to undertake this task.

I already have the individual PBOs decrypted.

BTW...The p3ds of these forrest blocks DO have paths, which look like they were copied from the standard BIS forrest.

Dont understand why they dont work though.

Paths, geo, fire and viewdistance lods are broken on many objects. Not just the forest paths.

Paths, geo, fire and viewdistance lods are broken on many objects. Not just the forest paths.

Okay...in the config, I replaced all of the original trees, plants, forest blocks, etc. with ones from SEB_ilo, and BAS Tonal.

THE AI STILL GETS STUCK!!!

Is there something else that needs to be done !!??

Is there a particular way that the "paths" LODs must line up with each other when placed on the map?

It is VERY frustrating to have such a beautifull island...that is completely useless.

You need to edit the p3d file, which is not recomended, because once you open the models up in O2, the textures go all cr*p. for some reason. confused_o.gif

You need to edit the p3d file, which is not recomended, because once you open the models up in O2, the textures go all cr*p. for some reason.  confused_o.gif

?....

I have had no problems with the textures.

Which p3d file are you speaking of?

After I tried editing the paths in the originals...I completely replaced them with vegetation from other islands.

Still...the AI gets stuck in the jungle.

Glad to see that people haven't given up on this island. I really hope that someone will complete this island and release it, because it would be so great to make missions on!

Please, don't let this work so far go to waste! An addon is not complete just because you can take screenshots with it! It needs to be playable!

If you want the same style of hills, valleys, rivers etc - don't fret, more of the same on the way on other islands (and it works). I relearned the art of Nam "mountaineering" after downloading this island, I liked the hills a lot.

If you want same island but with all the objects "fixed" I think you may be out of luck. It is a monster job, to fix them all. I wouldn't feel right asking someone to attempt that and I will be the first to say I don't have the skills.

If you want to get just the forests working, that is dead simple - replace them with Ilo or Tonal ones. If AI pathways are a problem then reduce stacked forest squares from 3 or 4 per cell to 2.

Para @ July 04 2005,11:18)]If you want the same style of hills, valleys, rivers etc - don't fret, more of the same on the way on other islands (and it works). I relearned the art of Nam "mountaineering" after downloading this island, I liked the hills a lot.

If you want same island but with all the objects "fixed" I think you may be out of luck. It is a monster job, to fix them all. I wouldn't feel right asking someone to attempt that and I will be the first to say I don't have the skills.

If you want to get just the forests working, that is dead simple - replace them with Ilo or Tonal ones. If AI pathways are a problem then reduce stacked forest squares from 3 or 4 per cell to 2.

I replaced the forest squares with new ones that I made by combining some palms, bushes and trees from Ilo, and some grass from Dak Seang.

(I also put these new squares on SEB IaTrang, where they work PERFECTLY)

On Dak Seang, with the new forest squares in place...The AI still gets stuck (although not as bad).

I noticed that on Ia Drang, the forest squares are all facing the same direction...but on Dak Seang, they are facing random directions.

Could that be the problem?

I am slowly but surely working on fixing the geo, fire geo, and view lods of all the objects on this island.

I figure it is something I could do for the flashpoint community, since I just dont quite have the skill, or time to make any great addons from scratch.

If nobody minds...I will try to release a repaired version of this island sometime in the future.

so how many people are on this to fix this huh.gif It sounds like an few of ya why not team up and get it done in profact smile_o.gif looks and sounds like a lot of work needs to be done.This island looks vary well done.Is there any news on the patch for this island any updates huh.gif

so, any news on progress? i too am currently making a campaign for this island and would really need the forests to work..