Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Quote[/b] ]<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>FlashFx Units Replacement v5.0</span></span>

bifxffurbanner800x6003iu.jpg

Hi all,

After 3 months of hard work, we're delighted and honoured to present to you the FFUR 5.0 woodland pack.

Its objective...

to give Operation Flashpoint a touch of 21st century creativity, making one of the best simulations ever made one thousand percent better than before by replacing and enhancing all the original BIS units and effects with superior ones whilst remaining true to the original game era of 1985.

Before I introduce the full list of enhancements I would like to thank both the OFP: Cold War Crisis community and Bohemia Interactive Studios for creating a game that has done what all too few games do - stood the test of time, and inspired many to create and improve both the game... and themselves...

After much hard work we are finally able to present the FFUR 5.0 Woodland version. This entire Mod Project has been completely reworked in order to

provide as many new enhancements as possible without compromising game performance in ANY way.

Yes! We believe that this latest version adds NO significant lag to the normal game, whilst providing vastly superior visuals and playability!

We've Bug-Hunted this version to death! and we're pretty sure that any residual problems you may encounter will be due to inherent limitations of the game engine itself, and NOT to our endeavours!

So once again, enjoy playing! Soon we'll release desert and winter conversions too, so you can enjoy all these superior FFUR enhancements in desert and winter-themed missions too!

Here's the list of features, please read it carefully... comments, suggestions and feedback are, as ever, always welcome.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Model Changes</span></span>

ffurwestunits0ir.jpg

*US Forces

-US Soldier : HYK '85 Woodland Soldier

-US Officer : HYK '85 Woodland Officer

-US Sniper : LSR Sniper

-US Black Op : HYK SF (CQB)

-US Crew : Rudedog's '85 Woodland APC Crew

-US M60 : Win M60

-US G36 : InQ G36

-US Mine : Spetznatz Mod US Mine

-US XM : SV2000 XME2

-US M21 : LSR M21

-US M16 : CSLA M16A2

-US magazine ammocrates : Earl and Suchey ones

-US FAL : Kabal Fal

-US MP5 : LSR MP5

-US M16/M203 : CSLA M16A2/M203

-US XM-177E2 : Sv5000 XMS

-US Law M72 : LSR Law

-US Beretta : LSR Beretta

-US Carl Gustav : CBT M47 Dragon

-US AH-1w : Vit's AH-1W

-US AH-64 : High resolution textured AH-64

-US OH-58 : Silesian Kiowa

-US UH60 : CSLA UH60L FFAR

-US UH60mg : CSLA UH60L MG

-US M1A1 : Marfy M1A1

-US M60 : SIG M60

-US A10 : Diesel A10

-US M2A2 : Combat M2A2

-US Hmmwv : Combat Hmmwv

-US M113 : Combat! M113A3

-US M113 Ambulance : Combat! M113A3 Ambulance

-US 5T, 5T Open : MAF M925

-US 5T Ammo, 5T Repair : MAF M925

-US PBR : Carl boat

ffurestunits4ja.jpg

*Soviet Forces

-RU Soldier : ORCS Soviet Soldier

-RU Officer : ORCS Soviet Officer

-RU Grenadier : ORCS Soviet Grenadier

-RU medic : ORCS Soviet Medic

-RU Sniper : Neoko Soviet Sniper

-RU Spetsnaz : Suchey & Earl Naval Spetsnaz (recon)

-RU Crew : RHS Crew

-RU Pilot : Our weapon PIlot

-RU Fighter pilot : Rzn Pilot

-RU AK-74 : RHS AK-74

-RU AK-74/GL : RHS AK-74/GP25

-RU AKS-74su : ORCS AKS-74su

-RU PK : CSLA PK

-RU Dragunov : CSLA SVD Dragunov

-RU Mine : Soviet mod Soviet mine

-RU Rpg-nh75 : ORCS RPG-7V

-RU T-80 : RHS/CSLA T-80 BV

-RU T-72 : Sigma T-72 M1

-RU BMP-1 : CSLA BMP-1

-RU BMP-2 : CSLA BMP-2

-RU Mi-24 : CSLA Mi-24

-RU Mi-17 : CSLA Mi-17

-RU Ural : LWP Ural

-RU UAZ : CSLA UAZ

-RU M2: CSLA Dshk

-RU BRDM : CSLA OT-65

-RU SU25 : TomiD Su25

ffurresistanceunits7cg.jpg

*Resistance Forces

-Res Soldier : CSLA Retextured Resistance Soldier

-Res Grenadier : CSLA Retextured Resistance Grenadier

-Res Machine Gunner : CSLA Retextured Resistance Machine Gunner

-Res Officer : CSLA Retextured Resistance Officer

-Res RPG Soldier : CSLA Retextured Resistance RPG Soldier

-Res Crew : CSLA Retextured Resistance RPG Soldier

-Res Sa-58 : CSLA Sa-58

-Res PK : CSLA PK

-Res AK47 : RHS AKM

-Res AK47gp : RHS AKMGP

-Res Rpg-nh75 : Kegety's RPG-7

-Res T55 : RHS T55

-Res BMP1 : CSLA BMP-1

-Res V3S : CSLA FIA V3S

-Res Jeep : CSLA FIA GAZ69a

ffurcivilianunitsandcars4gg.jpg

*Civilian Units

-Civilian Man 2 : Edge's Farmer

-Civilian Skoda Blue : Vila's 1985 Favorit

-Civilian Skoda Yellow : Sigma's 1985 Old White Truck

-Civilian Skoda Red : Vila's 1985 Fiat 125

-Civilian Skoda Green : Vila's 1985 Opel

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Visual Effects Enhancements</span></span>

*Many Explosion effects Improvements

-New Explosion effects for heavy tanks.

-New Explosion effects for APCs , they have 2 different effects; special Splash Effects if they're in water, and "traditional" explosion effects if they're on land.

-New Exploding bullets for AA units.

-New Crash explosions for Jet Fighters. 2 different effects occur depending on whether the jet fighter falls in the sea or on land.

-New Explosions and rotor smoke effects for Helicopters.

-New Explosion Effects for cars .

-New and Impressive Explosion effects for Fuel Trucks.

-New Body Explosion effect, this happens if you're hit by a high caliber weapon.

*Smoke Effects Improvements

-Realistic smoke can hide you from the enemy.

-Black smoke for destroyed vehicles.

-White smoke for small weapons.

-Heavy white smoke wall for tanks.

-Big black smoke for destroyed Helicopters.

*Reflections and Light Effects Improvements

-Realistic and impressive reflection effects based on high quality materials.

-Each unit has a different reflection effect.

*Wound Sequence Improvements

-Better blood dispersion.

-Realistic blood colour and model.

-Realistic wound sequence, if you're hit then you'll bleed for a while and your heart will beat more slowly.

*Cartridge Improvements

-Realistic cartridges which remain on the ground once the bullets have been fired.

-Realistic Cartridges Calibers, 9mm cartridge for handguns , 5.56 for the main rifles and 7.62 for Sniper rifles.

*Grenade Improvements

-2 different realistic bouncing effects, linear bouncing effect for the Soviet grenade and multiple rebounds for the M61.

-Each grenade has a different timing for more realism

-Each grenade has a different explosive yield.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Realism Enhancements</span></span>

*AI improvements

-AI hears and sees better to varying degrees, Specops and Snipers have higher settings.

-AI will surrender if they take heavy casualties.

-AI Heavy Tanks will throw Smoke when they're attacked.

-AI intelligently uses 3 firing modes: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

-AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.

-AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.

-AI sometimes panics.

*Small Arms Improvements

-Realistic Tracers based on NATO data.

-Realistic Recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.

-Realistic Bullet values based on actual military information.

-Realistic Firing Modes: for example : the MP5 has 3 firing modes and the AK74 or the AK47 have 2 firing modes, just like the real weapons.

-Realistic Gunfire Sounds: especially the M16 and the AK74 sounds which have been recorded by our military advisors especially for the FFUR mod.

*Heavy Weapons Improvements

-Realistic sounds for the M2 and the Dshk.

-Realistic tracers matching real-life heavy weapons.

-Realistic M2 gunner position.

*Heavy Tank and APC Improvements

-Realistic shielding values.

-Realistic and authentic weapons copied from real-life.

-Realistic Tracers different for each tank based on NATO data.

-Realistic Sights for gunners and commanders based on real ones.

-Realistic Smoke Walls for heavy tanks

-Realistic Engine Sounds.

-Realistic explosive bullets for AA units (Shilka and Vulcan).

*Helicopter and Jet Fighter Improvements

-Realistic Eject Sequence for jet fighters.

-Realstic flares for helicopters and jet fighters.

-Realistic and authentic weapons.

-Realistic Tracers based on Nato Data.

-Realistic Armor values.

-Realistic sounds.

*Soldier Improvements

-US BlackOps units carry Binoculars and a Beretta

-US Machine Gunners carry an M1911

-US Pilots carry Handguns.

-US Crews carry Handguns.

-US Soldiers carry the M61 grenade.

-US Snipers and Special Forces are able to treat wounds.

-Soviet Spetznatz Units carry an AKM SD or an ASS VAL

-Soviet RPG soldiers carry an AK74Su

-Soviet Spetznatz units carry a Handgun and Binoculars

-Soviet Pilots have Handguns.

-Soviet Soldiers carry the F1 grenade.

-Realistic aiming capability for all soldiers.

-10 meter spacing between each soldier in a squad - no more taking out an entire squad with a single grenade.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Gameplay and Interfaces enhancements</span></span>

*Interface Improvements

-New custom GUI for the main screen.

-New Mission editor interface.

-New Briefing book.

-New Computer.

*Sound Improvements

-New realistic sounds for all weapons , vehicles, aircrafts and explosions.

-New Music based on patriotic music samples oand war movie samples - all from the 1985 Cold War era.

*Gameplay Improvements

-You can now "play dead" if you're wounded, and avoid being killed by the enemy.

-You can now surrender if you have been wounded, but the enemy will only stop firing on you if he sees you surrendering at 30 meters or less.

-New Animations for all soldiers. Each side has its own animations: Soviet ones based on real Soviet training. and the same for the US forces.

-Civilian Policemen have handcuffs and are able to make arrests.

-East and West Special Forces are able to carry out HALO jumps.

-Standing and Crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.

-BIS quotes which appear at the death of soldiers replaced by more topical ones from the Cold War era.

*Briefing Improvements

-New Pictures for all weapons.

-New Information available for all weapons based on FAS.org data.

-New Compass.

-New Radio.

-New Map design.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>General Information</span></span>

-All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

-Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

-PLEASE check and make sure you don't have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR also in your regular or Res\addons folders!.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Download</span>

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'></span></span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Credits</span></span>

*Big thanks to the OFP community as a whole... but especially to...

-The FlashFx mod and especially to Nemesis6

-The CSLA mod and especially to Maa and Edge

-The Roc mod and especially to Andylee054

-The WGL mod and especially to Phaeden

-The Vme mod and especially to tony ranger

-The RHS mod and especially to Soul_assassin

-The ORCS mod and especially to Denorc

-The Y2K3 mod and especially to Pappy Boyinghton

-The FDF mod and especially to Kegetys

-The EECP mod and especially to Kurayami

-The great animations maker Sanctuary (and also for his support and help).

-The great animations maker Locke.

-The great addon maker Hyakushi

-The great addon maker Vit-Labs

-The great addon maker King Homer

-The great addon maker Earl

-The great addon maker Oyman

-The great addon maker Laser

-The great addon maker Llauma

-The great addon maker Inquisitor

-The great addon maker Combat

-The great addon maker Sigma

-The great Photoshop Artist Parvus.

-The great mission/cutscene maker KGB CCCP

-To Bushlurker for his language support.

-To HOBOMAN for his beta test.

-To Mav1985 for his beta test.

-and to all the other great addon makers... thank you all for your hard work and enthusiasm in keeping the OFP community alive and kicking..

Thanks to Bohemia Interactive Studio , and big thanks to Marek Spanel for his support of the FFUR mod.

*And Finaly... Huge Thanks to my team mates for their input, dedication and sheer effort:

-Tomislav "Main Adviser and main Beta Tester"

-Reven "The General Manager"

-Silent N Deadly "The Island Maker"

-Dan Berry "The Military Adviser and Beta Tester"

... and not forgetting all the military guys who do this stuff for real and graciously took the time to advise me.

Enjoy it smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84 - Leader and Mod maker of the project FFUR

Europe Rocks....

You have a very nice mod here! I have awaited something just like this that fits to the original campaign.

I found only slight little error. Wasnt Kord HMG introduced in the mid 90's? the weapon that would fit better is NSV found in DKM's APC pack.

Kord is basically slighly improved NSV. One big difference is that Kord has optical sights.

I noticed a frame drop of 3 times when using Flasfx....from an average of 50 FPS with an mission of 30 units to 17 FPS average.....

Guess some of the scripts lag terrible

Hope your able to fix this

Quote[/b] ] Wasnt Kord HMG introduced in the mid 90's? the weapon that would fit better is NSV found in DKM's APC pack.

Ok , thanks for the info , i've noticed this for the incoming patch smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Guess some of the scripts lag terrible

yeah sure , I'll remove 2 pla scripts , I've only a 1.5 ghz , GeForce 5700 , 448 Mb, and it works perfectly.. smile_o.gif

I really appreciate that you are the first one to replace the damn M2East!!

The only little problem in the current version is that the AI can not shoot over the sandbags (Bis default missions).

i got one thing, i dont like that all units are on their knees in aware mode, would fit better in dager imho, but i suppose you cant do anything about that...

and i request a new "guard" anim (weapon on the chest) when the unit is in safe mode.

then i got some issues with units not being able to move slowley (limited) when they are in aware mode (game limitation i suppose)

mabe you could add a alternative anim pack?

atleast one without the standard kneeling anim when in aware, preferably replaced with one where the unit has the weapon on the chest.

and finally a question goieng out to everyone, does anyone have a list with all anim names in the pack used in this mod?

and could anyone tell me how the fck i make units switch animation? (like standing with arms crossed and stuff like that, the only one i get to work is the standard sitting anim)

maybe there is a static guard anim somewhere in the pack used?

do note, this doesnt mean i DONT like what youve done this far ;)

Hi,

Ok , no problem , I would replace some animations by new ones using those made by Sanctuary smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

The only little problem in the current version is that the AI can not shoot over the sandbags

Sorry , I can't do nothing for this

I may do some changements with the AI to improve it more but please I really don't know wich AI combat tactic may I use ...

AI hit and run or

AI keep moving and fire when ready or

AI hold position and keep firing or

Ai hold position follow leader fire when ready ?

please I need your opinion to do a choice

thanks smile_o.gif

This claim on OFP.info is simply not accurate:

"Improvements:

*M2 and M60 sound improved to be more realistic and authentic"

It is not possible for the M2 and M60 sounds to be MORE realistic and authentic than the default M2 and M60 sounds because the default M2 and M60 sounds are THE real and authentic sounds of both of those weapons.

I know.  I ripped them from the Hollywood Edge Apocalypse Now! sfx package, which was recorded using the real gear in an outdoors setting.

The M2 sound is an M2 fired from a mounting on an M113, which is why you hear the recoil transferring through the metal. Watch the "gooks in the wire" scene of Apocalypse Now! Redux to see how the M2 might sound in that package when NOT mounted on an M113. To think that the metal-on-metal action of an M2 isn't going to have its sound travel up your arms and to your ear is also unrealistic.

The M60 sound is an M60 gunshot sound, period.  The unfortunate thing, there, is that the trailing sound was not included because of a misunderstanding on the method of implementation.  

I suggest listeners turn up their bass settings for their sound cards or their speaker systems.

You might say that your sounds are another version that might be preferred(usually, because they sound "cool"-er), but you may NOT say that they are MORE realistic and authentic.  That simply is not true.  In fact, chances are that your "cool" sounds are actually less realistic and less authentic than the default sounds.

No offense meant, nor none taken.  It is an observation of mine since Day 1 of OFP v1.00 that OFP players haven't a clue what the real weapons sound like. JAM sounds are proof of that, that clapping crap.

By the way, the M16A2 sounds are reworked real M16A1 sounds, the M21 is a real M14 sound, the AK47 sound is a real AK47 sound... there are some others, I believe.

Moral of the story:  Just because you think it sounds like crap doesn't mean it doesn't sound like crap in real life.

You're perfectly right smile_o.gif

but sorry I can't say everything in a "very well" english , so I do all my possible to be understood sad_o.gif

Have you considered using the ORCS KZM Spetsnaz instead of Earl and Sucheys Naval Spetsnaz, as they are more modern than the Orcs one?

What about changing the M4 to LSR's M733 instead of an M4, since they didn't exist yet?

Besides that, good mod!

No problem, T-bird.

Most players are not aware which default sounds are actually real and authentic.

I just wanted to point out that pains were taken to make sure OFP v1.00 players would have good sound effects. Imagine my disappointment when Li C. Kuo of PC Gamer ragged on the sound effects of OFP v1.00 when that Red Storm-whore has probably never fired an M16A2 in his whole pimply life!

If this mod is attempt to be true to 1985, then you should change the HK G36 into the HK G3A3 and the Bizon into an AS Val and/or VSS Vintorez.

Neither the HK G36 nor the Bizon existed in either NATO or Soviet inventories in 1985. The AS Val and the VSS Vintorez may not have, either, but at least they showed up only a couple or a few years later. (You could always go with the silenced AK74U with the Tishina silenced grenade launcher in one of the Russian weapons packs... I'm sure the Spetznaz had at least silenced AK74U's in 1985, if not the Tishina mounted underneath.)

If this mod is attempt to be true to 1985, then you should change the HK G36 into the HK G3A3 and the Bizon into an AS Val and/or VSS Vintorez.

Neither the HK G36 nor the Bizon existed in either NATO or Soviet inventories in 1985. The AS Val and the VSS Vintorez may not have, either, but at least they showed up only a couple or a few years later. (You could always go with the silenced AK74U with the Tishina silenced grenade launcher in one of the Russian weapons packs... I'm sure the Spetznaz had at least silenced AK74U's in 1985, if not the Tishina mounted underneath.)

Wohooo , thanks a lot for this precious infos wink_o.gif

But where can I find a vintorez ?

now I know what may I do for the incoming patch

smile_o.gif

I've tried to introduce VIT NSV but without any result , the animations are very ugly...so I think I'll let the kord, it's not a big problem to keep the kord ...

For the crews , they'll now have the grease gun smile_o.gif

I'm working on it ...

but now enjoy the pack and let play some missions and campaigns tounge_o.gif

ps : I specialy love to play to the campaigns PMC fury and retaliation using my pack biggrin_o.gif

I am getting very crappy framerates (below 10 on average) with this new version sad_o.gif. Before I averaged around 25-60 but now I only get good performance on desert island. sad_o.gif

I have a pentium 4 2.4ghz

radeon 9800 pro

1GB of RAM

This new version is a framerate killer sad_o.gif You should try simplifying or removing some scripts.

But where can I find a vintorez ?

Vintorez

In production 1993  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Tbird the upgrade is overall very nice my only gripe is the AI with version 1.2... friendly AI never listens...u tell them to go somewhere...they go there then walk around and when u tell them to return to formation...they take their sweet time gettin back to you and then don't really stay put they wander around..could u please just return the AI as it was..i even tried uninstalling and resinstall the ENTIRE game but hat doesn't seem to fix it it...1.0 and 1.1 were good...I wish i could just uses the new effects and units without the ai "enhancements" sad_o.gif

oh yeah , I've never seen this problem with the AI so , I'll remove the AI script and I'll replace it with an other one wink_o.gif

The incoming patch will be ready tomorrow at 15h00 Paris time

Quote[/b] ]Vintorez

In production 1993

really ? do you wanna to buy one for me ?

Good news

Ai improved again ,

-now AI hit prachute ,

-AI know how to use tactics of suppressive fire ,

-Blood effects improved , when a soldier is seriously wounded,he remains on the ground , he can't move or do nothing while waiting for the medical support

-AI hold position and follow leader fire when ready

I'm working on new explosion effects and new realism enhancements , I won't sleep this week end ...I'm happy that there's NO CTD with my config and any error , but so , I may work a lot to make the config more realistic

-now AI hit prachute ,

Do you mean that soldiers fire at parachutes? Does the parachuter die?

Btw- Isn't that against Genova Convention?

Also the new AI features: WOW. wow_o.gif

-Blood effects improved , when a soldier is seriously wounded,he remains on the ground , he can't move or do nothing while waiting for the medical support

While adding more realism (and more importance to the field medic units), notice that this feature will break several missions if the player got wounded (and so immobilized) when there is no medical support in the whole mission.