Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Quote[/b] ]Vintorez

In production 1993

really ? do you wanna to buy one for me ?

I was just informing you as you look for addons within 1985 era, as you proudly used to say.

For you as you must rely on others to get valuable informations (10 minutres research on internet) :

While the VSS "Vintorez" silenced sniper rifle was first issued in 1987, the AS 'Val' silenced assault rifle, more adapted for commandos, was also put later into production, some sources wrote in 1993 (NASOG.net, Jane's Guns Recognition Guide 2000).

Spetnaz Mod

Quote[/b] ]The VSS Vintorez is the sniping model of the AS VAL. First issued in 1987, the Vintorez quickly became a popular rifle with military and law enforcement units alike. Though intended for short to medium range engagements, the Vintorez still exhibits stunning armour piercing abilities, penetrating 8mm steel plate at 100 meters. The VSS Vintorez is a perfect urban warfare rifle; short, light, quiet and deadly.

I don't really changed my mind...  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

@Silent N deadly : at the moment the machine gunners open fire on the parachutes but without to touch them , I still work on the script.

@Sanctuary : you are right, that is likely to compromise certain missions, for that which I think that I'll withdraw the script.

@spqr :when I asked where one can find a vintorez, I spoke about the addon not about a "real" vintorez ghostface.gif

aww... i tryed a user made mission on normal ofp.. no mods.. ran just fine.. then i tryed on flashfxur... 8 fps.. lagged as shit.

just wanted to let u know.. surely some scripts who steals more cpu power than other.. wink_o.gif

edit: actually all "combat" missions lagg..

i know that they maybe lagg overall. but its so boring to put down the gfx sad_o.gif

im currently got:

2500+@2.34ghz

1gb ram

9800pro

settings:

1280*1024

terraint detail: very low

max framerate (hate to decrease this. gets ugly)

max visual quality (hate to decrase this. gets ugly)

distance: 1000

and still i got like 8-10 fps... pretty annoying... sad_o.gif and as i sayd. i wont go down much more on the gfx.. just get ugly then sad_o.gif

Ok , ok, I'll remove some scripts so that that lag less

I'll replace some effects by those ...

now when a car explodes, it will be calcined

Auto.jpg

new planes explosion effect

Air.jpg

special thanks to the russian team who've done this nice effects

wink_o.gif

Edit : Tank explosion effect improved too

i've got no lag.And my comp is ****ter than yours. rock.gif

lol. i have sitten in 5 mins woundering what that****ter is lol.. cant figure it out..haha.. tell instead lol tounge_o.gif

edit: oh, and btw,.. incase that means bader.. what settings do u use?

@spqr :when I asked where one can find a vintorez, I spoke about the addon not about a "real" vintorez ghostface.gif

I think there was one in ORCS Omon Pack smile_o.gif

Very low terrain detail or sometimes normal.Vison of sight around 700.I got gf4 mx 440, celeron xp 2200+ ? something else and my computer is clean.What i mean is that i clean my comp every day with special programs and i don't got any viruses in my comp.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Addons may make your game lag.I'm only using that Fx replacement and several other addons.

hey thanks $cruffy smile_o.gif

screen update

First sabot damage the tank and causes a fire

effect1.jpg

The second one fact of exploding the tank and makes detach the turret of the tank

effect2.jpg

Very low terrain detail or sometimes normal.Vison of sight around 700.I got gf4 mx 440, celeron xp 2200+ ?   something else and my computer is clean.What i mean is that i clean my comp every day with special programs and i don't got any viruses in my comp.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Addons may make your game lag.I'm only using that Fx replacement and several other addons.

Ok... my ofp folder is 7.5 Gb.. so... maybe il justy delete sometime lol tounge_o.gif

......but what shall i delete lol.. i usually use them all tounge_o.gif (addons)

1985 : neither VAL nor VSS. Ok for AKSU and other weapons with silencers

Quote[/b] ]The AS "Val" (Avtomat Spetsialnij = special assault rifle) was developed by TSNIITOCHMASH under the leadership of P. Serdjukov during the late 1980s, as a part of the 9 x 39 family of silenced weapons for Soviet Special Forces. Its design is similar to one of VSS "Vintorez" sniper rifle, and differs only in the design of the buttstock and pistol grip. AS is widely used by Russian Army recon units, as well as by MVD (Internal Affairs Ministry) and FSB (Federal Security Bureau) Special Forces.

I think I'll use the 'tishina' to be in order sure smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]my ofp folder is 7.5 Gb

crazy_o.gifwow_o.gifghostface.giftounge_o.gif

Regarding the tank explosions - is this the script where the model is replaced by several new models? So when you put your cursor over the turrent piece it sits it shows the name (like when you put your cursor over a machine gunner it says "machine gunner"). If that's the case there is a problem with that. When you blow something up, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 new models / objects are created, and they all show up on radar. If you kill 3 tanks / trucks within close proximity it really adds up quick and it becomes a mess and laggy. The effect is awesome though and I'd like to see it implemented. I think one of the problems is that the newly created models are considered to be "alive" or undamaged. I think if they were created but treated the same way as a normal single "dead" model is created then the issue somewhat goes away. In a mission that runs remove dead scripts, the extra models can be removed after a period of time. But if the models are considered alive, then they don't get removed by such scripts. Consider a CTI mission what would happen. The tanks would die and eventually be removed, but the model pieces would build up all over the battlefield.

Just take a look into this if you can. I suspect creating the models fully damaged may resolve some of the issue.

@thunderbird:

about the animations.

Add new anims to make the mod more fun.

Something with AT weapons and AA weapons would be nice.

Like ATmissile can be launched from standing posistion.(AT rifle on the shoulder).Same with AA.And launching AT missiles from "down" posistion.Also someone could edit that "safe" anim.

For now the soldier puts the rifle on the back and then it appears on the chest.But make it like this: From firing anim soldier puts the rifle straight on the chest.Understood?

New sit down anim would be nice to see too.

@nubbin77 : you're right , so I'll remove the radar from the tanks , but in the missions and the campaigns, when the tank is destroyed, if there are remains on the ground, that's not taken into account, I also decreased the lag of 20% by withdrawing many scripts.

@eestikas : very nice idea , I'll see what can I do smile_o.gif

Hi Thunderbird.

Great addon you built there. I'm only using the FlashFx for now, no replacements. Is it normal that FlashFx deactivates the water reflections of DxDLL ? Anyone else noticed this ? sad_o.gif

aww... i tryed a user made mission on normal ofp.. no mods.. ran just fine.. then i tryed on flashfxur... 8 fps.. lagged as shit.

just wanted to let u know.. surely some scripts who steals more cpu power than other.. wink_o.gif

edit: actually all "combat" missions lagg..

i know that they maybe lagg overall. but its so boring to put down the gfx sad_o.gif

im currently got:

2500+@2.34ghz

1gb ram

9800pro

settings:

1280*1024

terraint detail: very low

max framerate (hate to decrease this. gets ugly)

max visual quality (hate to decrase this. gets ugly)

distance: 1000

and still i got like 8-10 fps... pretty annoying... sad_o.gif and as i sayd. i wont go down much more on the gfx.. just get ugly then sad_o.gif

We have almost identical systems, and I am getting the same problem. It probably, I suspect, has to do with the radeon 9800 like me sad_o.gif

Bon boulot mec, et t'occupe pas des mecs qui chipote pour 1 ans ou 2.....(si je peux me permettre, le script join player de y2k3 est sympa et si c'est possible de le recuperer...)

(sorry for my english)

my ofp folder makes 12 g but i have ofp launcher and i can choose the number of folder. One for desert, one fr winter, one for vietnam, etc

But lagged too

Homeone ever cleaned his computer from unnecessarry files and other stuff?Have you ever fixed your computers files and documents?Are you sure you don't have viruses?And so on....

To all nervous lag victims:Clean your computer!

Worked for me. smile_o.gif

Okay I tried it so:

first I need a faster computer

then I think you should redo the GUI cause its really anoing to have a movie running in the background and you can't see it  sad_o.gif

okay even with no shadow low terrain and 500 m view distance this was quit fun during combat, did you make the ennemy more inaccurate or somthing? cause it where some funney firefights cause the AI moved whit out fear around standing up most of the time which was quit funny cause as there where a considerable amout of ennemy fire, but the funniest was that didn't got killed but it was very effective and the squad who won was always the one that made a granade hit first.

The tracers where very cool when whaching firefights but it realy anoid me that every second one boundsed of the ground like it was metal or somthing plus it had the same moving away as it had hit the ground with. Ihope this can be fixed.

Also the AI's moving around all the time looks stupid when using unfinished animations I would bet it would look better with the old bad BIS ones.

You should not change the NVG view because I don't belive that NVG's back then wheere as good as they are today.

It would be cool if you made a mod only changing the AI not all the to me unessary stuff.

STGN

I currently work on the patch which will consist in fixing all the problems of the AI, which will change animations, which will reduce the lag...

At the moment I'm really happy that there's no bug or ctd with my config but don't worry , I'll do all my best to improve more and more the game using all actual possiblities....

I thank you for proposals smile_o.gif

I'll think more for people who've low CPUs wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The tracers where very cool when whaching firefights but it realy anoid me that every second one boundsed of the ground like it was metal or somthing plus it had the same moving away as it had hit the ground with. Ihope this can be fixed.

Watch this Video , you'll get your answer smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The tracers where very cool when whaching firefights but it realy anoid me that every second one boundsed of the ground like it was metal or somthing plus it had the same moving away as it had hit the ground with. Ihope this can be fixed.

Watch this Video , you'll get your answer  smile_o.gif

Considering the vid, we may assume that there is no real gattling gun addon available for OFP.

Fraction of a sec of trigger squeeze and any unarmoured vehicle is ball of fire. No real aiming just bullet shower.

Again, there is a need for real powerful gattling gun addon.