after that the patch 1.2

Patch 1.2

and the patch 1.3

Patch 1.3

here's the misc pack here

but it needs a good cpu

here's the config for low cpu here

and you may download the Diesel a10 too

I'm working on the patch 1.5 wich will regroup all patchs in one patch to make more easy the installation

I may wayt for that release then, lol, what the hell, I'll download it again if I have to,lol. biggrin_o.gif

The replacement of the "new" explosion seems to be necessiary, but it´s too bad, cause they really look cool. A solution would be an "expert" who can modify the effect itself, so that less debris is produced by the explosions and (if possible) the debris would be removed from the map after a few seconds.

Isn´t there anyone out there, who can manage it?rock.gifsad_o.gif

Here's the Patch 1.5

*It regroups all patches .

*added 2 versions , "multi" and "single" configs , the multi config uses BIS effects , the single version uses FlashFX effects .

*BIS A10 replaced by Diesel A10 using all its own animations

*Lag reduced of 70 % by removing a lot of useless scripts , I've kept only the most important

Download

Need mirrors please

Quote[/b] ]The replacement of the "new" explosion seems to be necessiary, but it´s too bad, cause they really look cool. A solution would be an "expert" who can modify the effect itself, so that less debris is produced by the explosions and (if possible) the debris would be removed from the map after a few seconds.

In all the configs and certainly the FFUR one , there is a setting named timeToLive in several class definition

for mostly everything (smoke, bullet, objects ...)

By lowering the number associated to this timeToLive , you can change the delay before the object disappear from the ground.

As an example, in the class FxCartridge : ThingEffect

if you set timetoLive=0.1;

the bullet will not stay for long on the ground

And if you set

disappearAtContact=1;

It will disappear as soon as it touches the ground

i still belive it was the AI script/s that caused the most lag.

even though ofcourse the debris was a major part.

I've kept only 2 scripts for the AI

and flashFx explosion effects

everything may function without any lag

Next patch in 6 hours...

Stay tuned xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

M2A2 Bradleys in 1985... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I gonna die...

Hey SPQRTREIJGF - something

You really went on my nerves!!

Back on topic:

after hours and hours of trial and error wink_o.gif i´ve modified the EffectPack.pbo (in detail i´ve changed the tank explosion script). I´ve reduced a lot of debris, so the explosion is not that spectecular as before but still very nice (YEAH let the turrets fly!!!). I think most mid and highend machines should be able to handle it now. I´ve created a huge (very very huge) tank battle on desert island as a benchmark and it works better than the FlashFX explosion (´cause of the smaler smoke).

Too bad that i don´t have any webspace, so if anyone would be able to "share" 9 megs i would be very grateful.

I´ll go to sleep now. I check the forum back tomorrow at 1800 met. Maybe there is anyone help me sharing this to the community.

BTW: i didn´t ask for permission modifiying the EffectPack. So if there is anybody who didn´t like what i´m doing speak now or shut up forever wink_o.gif

@ thunderbird

as you wish, mail is on the way. (the rared file is just 900 kb)

comments are welcome.

btw: the included config.bin is based on your 1.5 patch. I´ve made no major changes (just added 2 explosions and set two timetolive-parameters)

have phun

Great work , really nice ,I didn't find any lag, so if you agree I'll put online your small pack wink_o.gif

@Reven : Thanks smile_o.gif

M2A2 came out in the late 80s, combat has a M2A1 in the pack, M113A2s as well. Humves were in only cargo, and the four door confige, the M880s M713 M561 and GMc tatical Ambulace was still used as AM Gerenal didn't make a workable body for the ambulance humvee till the early 90s.

M2A2 came out in the late 80s, combat has a M2A1 in the pack, M113A2s as well. Humves were in only cargo, and the four door confige, the M880s M713 M561 and GMc tatical Ambulace was still used as AM Gerenal didn't make a workable body for the ambulance humvee till the early 90s.

Yeah , I know , and I carried out all the replacements respectfully execpt the T-80 and the T-72 but I didn't get the choice smile_o.gif

Hi

As for 1.5, low lag and wonderful!

ver1.5,

"cannot lord mission, missing addons: dsl_a10"

This error message seems to come out by the mission where A10 appears.

ex:cold war Campaign "plans start" "maverick" & PMC Fury some missions...

but, "DSL_a10.pbo" is in my \FlashFxUR\Addons folder...

(Sry,My sentences are unskilled.)

Everything will be fixed at soon as possible , actually I'm trying to introduce the new handguns ironsights...and adding the new explosion effects that psychonaut 's done smile_o.gif

It'll be the patch 1.6

i got some wierd errors (both with 1.2 and 1.5) something about "T72 wrong barrel elevation data" or "BMP wrong barrel limitation data"

i think it has something to do with the old "blow off the turret" effects, even though they should be removed in 1.5

does anyone else have something similar?

it apperars as one of those "klick ok" errors and appears both when i start the game and when i start the first mission that contains a T72 or BMP.

I never encountered this problem /// psychonaut 's done a great version and I didn't find any error , so I'll use for the incoming patch , everything should be ok after that...

smile_o.gif

Error message: no entry configbin/cfgvehicles/eventhandlers.scope

What's the problem?

Thanks

Bon boulot!

If you have installed everything correctly you may not have this error message , so wait few hours for the incoming patch wink_o.gif

Patch 1.6

patch1.jpg

<span style='color:Red'>Enhancements and Modifications</span>

*Fixed Diesel A10 + Life vest

*BIS Handguns Ironsights replaced by Benus ones

*All bugs and errors fixed

*Lag reduced of 50 %

*New animations added

*Sound pack replaced

*New sounds for the handguns

*US crew use the M16 for more realism

*All patchs regrouped in one patch, so you may download the full pack and this patch

<span style='color:Red'>Download Section</span>

FlashFx Units Replacements Patch 1.6 [47 MB]

<span style='color:Red'>Credits</span>

*Special thanks to Benus, Pappy, Reven .

enjoy it wink_o.gif

Sounds good, replacing the sound pack is probably a good idea too ! Which one did you use ?

Will download and test this latest addition this evening  wink_o.gif