Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Quote[/b] ]That means that even BIS original Units (armored or Air) will have realistic ammo ?

Exactement biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Have you noticed although AI fire at parachutes but can not hit/kill them?

Yes , I know , I'll try to do something , but I'm not sure that's possible to fix that...because "a parachute" is considered in the game like an aircraft piloted by a "person" wink_o.gif

Effect of "wave" introduced wink_o.gif , now when a jet fighter flies very low over the sea, it creates this effect smile_o.gif

Vague2.jpg

vague1.jpg

to solve this:

Quote[/b] ]Whenever I try to add Tonal island to OFP with FlashFX installed, I get a CTD stating that I can't create a 3D device and a lack of video memory when I try to run FlashFX. If I try adding SEB Nam Pack 2, all the people in game are invisible. Running normal OFP works fine, however. There a fix for this? I would like to have both FlashFX and my Vietnam missions

just add -nomap to your shortcut

you already added this before.But i guess you removed it some time ago. biggrin_o.gif

Yop,but at that time I've introduced ALL effects , but now I'll introduce only this one to avoid the lag wink_o.gif

Patch 2.0

Entre.jpg

I'm a proud to have the chance of presenting you the best patch that I ever done 48 hours of hard work . smile_o.gif

my goal was to make a patch wich will make more realistic OFP basing myself on WGL manual and FAS.org informations smile_o.gif

Infos

*BIS ammunition replaced by realistic ammunitions basing one WGL manual and FAS.org infos

-<span style='color:blue'>M1A1</span> uses the M829A1 120 APFSDS 30 sl ; M2 12.7mm 100/9 rs ; M240 7.62mm Co-ax 11400 rs

-<span style='color:blue'>M60</span> uses the M900 105 APFSDS 30 sl ; M2 12.7mm 100/9 rs ; M240 7.62mm Co-ax 11400 rs

-<span style='color:blue'>M2A2</span> uses the M242 25mm APDS 300 rs ; M240C 7.62mm 500/3 rs ; M220 TOW-2 5 ms

-<span style='color:blue'>M113</span> uses the M212.7mm 100/4 rs

-<span style='color:blue'>M163</span> uses the M168 20mm Cannon 2000 rs

-<span style='color:blue'>AH-1</span> uses the M197 20mm 750 rs ; TOW 8ms ; FFAR 38 rkts

-<span style='color:blue'>AH-64</span> uses the M230 1200 rs ; Helfire 8 ms ; FFAR 38 rkts

-<span style='color:blue'>A-10</span> uses the GAU 8/A Avenger 1350 rs ; AGM-65B Maverick 6 ms ; Hydra-70 HE 14 rkts ; AIM-Sidewinder 2 ms ; MK-82 Low-Drag 4 Bs

-<span style='color:red'>BMP</span> uses the Sabot 15 sl ; PKT 7.62mm 250/2 rs ; AT3 launcher 8ms

-<span style='color:red'>BMP2</span> uses the 30mm cannon AP ; PKT 7.62mm 250/2 rs ; AT5 Launcher 8ms

-<span style='color:red'>Shilka</span> uses the AZP-23 2000 rs

-<span style='color:red'>T-72</span> uses the 3BM3 APFSDS 25 sl ; PKT 7.62mm 250/7 rs ; NSV 100 rs

-<span style='color:red'>T-80</span> uses the 3BM42M APFSDS-T 25 sl ; PKT 7.62mm 250/7 rs ; NSV 100 rs

-<span style='color:red'>MI-24</span> uses the YaKB 12.7mm MG 1470 rs ; AT6 8ms ; 57mm 64 rkts

-<span style='color:red'>SU-25</span> uses the Ch29-T 6 ms ; Gsh-30-2 30mm 250 rs

ms : missiles

sl : shells

rs : rounds

rkts : rockets

bs : bombs

*Improvements and Enhancements

-BIS informations about weapons replaced by more complete and more detailed information with the history of each weapon (only for english users).

-Added ejection sequence for the jet fighters.

-Added "Incoming missile sound" to all aircrafts

-Added "autoflares" to all aircrafts

-Added "wave effect" when jet fighters fly very low over the sea

-Added "new splash effect" when jet fighters fall in the water

-Added "new explosion effect" for the jet fighters wich occur a huge explosion and let debris over the ground

-Added M9 Berreta to the US Officer, machine gunner,armored crew,blackOP and the sniper

-Added Tokarev to the Russian Officer,sniper and the Spetznatz

-Added AK74su to all russian soldiers using Rocket-launchers

-Added new tracers effects for the tanks wich have been realized on the basis of NATO data after watching a lot of movies and especially this one and other M1A2 movies .

-shielding of the Russian tanks based on the config of SIG for more realism

-New Ammunition value to give them more their real aspect

-New animations based on Sanctuary's Animations pack 1.3

-New sounds based on Kylliki sound pack

-New sounds for the FAL ; G3 ; Glock17 and the Ingram

-XMS replaced "special thanks to Gigs"

-Fixed the majority of tracers who appear on sniper riffles and silecend weapons

-Added Binocular to the SpecOps

-Added a "special tracer effect" to the Vulcan and the Shilka basing on Wbe tracers

-Now you won't need any patch except this one(v2.0) and the FlashFxUnitsReplacement Full pack 1.0

Misc pack

-BIS watch replaced by Gachopin watch

Screens

Ejection Sequence

Crash Effect 1

Crash Effect 2

Splash Effect

Wave Effect

Flare Effect

Vulcan Tracers

Download Section

-FlashFx Units Replacement Patch 2.0

-FlashFx Misc Pack 2.0

Installation

-Very easy, at first you may download the full pack 1.0 in the first page of this thread and to install it after that you may just download and install this pack , just launch the setup and let it do wink_o.gif

Special thanks to Miles_Teg from my favorite mod "Lost Brothers" who helped me a lot of collecting informations smile_o.gif

Enjoy it wink_o.gif

PS : Mirrors are welcome

Hmmm, although (and i think most people do here) i know that you spent much time in building this patch, i have to say that it is a step backward. If i want realism i play EECP. It´s easy to add the FlashFx explosions there. What you have done before is an optical upgrade of the game, and you have done a great job. Now you have (for example) replaced the tank shell impact, which i one of the greatest improvements of flashFx. Also reducing the ammunitions is a great step toward realism but a step back in fun playing the game.

It seems that i have to play 1.6 for a while.

nice one thunderbird.

another thing: you speak arabian right, could you tell me what is written in arabic letters under the ISAF-Logo on vehicles in Afghanistan?

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm, although (and i think most people do here) i know that you spent much time in building this patch, i have to say that it is a step backward. If i want realism i play EECP.

I don't think he's taking a step backward. He is learning and testing. Thunderbird is on an OFP quest right now. In the last month it is obvious how much he has learned in terms of config changes, scripting, and knowledge of effects. If I may speak on his behalf, I think he is really just now starting to figure out what he really wants out of OFP. He started with the basics / learning how to change models, adding some preexisting effects, etc. Now I think he is getting into the more nitty gritty of balance and realism.

Most modders are not as open with their development. Thunderbird is taking us along on his journey, just in smaller steps than most modders do. I don't foresee him slowing down until he gets around version 3 tounge_o.gif . Maybe then he'll have gotten the balance he really wants between realism and fun, and between special effects and lag. I think most people that start modding their OFP will never say to themselves "this is perfect."

Madvise to Thunderbird is this: Listen to what people have to say and respect their requests or suggestions, but only do the one's that YOU[\B] want. You cannot please everyone. Everyone has different computers and different tolerances for frame rates. Everyone has favorite units, everyone has different preferences for just about any other aspect of OFP (bullet damage, tracer style, recoil, sounds, special effects, aimprecision, AI rates of fire, engagement ranges, you name it). I think this is the philosophy that Pappy and Kurayami have stuck to and their mods are well liked and respected.

My $0.02

-<span style='color:blue'>M1A1</span> uses the M829A1 120 APFSDS 30 sl ; M2 12.7mm 100/9 rs ; M240 7.62mm Co-ax 11400 rs

-<span style='color:blue'>M60</span> uses the M900 105 APFSDS 30 sl ; M2 12.7mm 100/9 rs ; M240 7.62mm Co-ax 11400 rs

-<span style='color:red'>T-72</span> uses the 3BM3 APFSDS 25 sl ; PKT 7.62mm 250/7 rs ; NSV 100 rs

-<span style='color:red'>T-80</span> uses the 3BM42M APFSDS-T 25 sl ; PKT 7.62mm 250/7 rs ; NSV 100 rs

Hi Marokino bladinet  wink_o.gif

- M829A1 : 1991  wow_o.gif

- M900 : 1991  rock.gif

- 3BM3 : it's 3VBM-3. Its projectile is 3BM-9. Around 1962-1964. A bit... very old  biggrin_o.gif

- 3BM42M : 1997-1998  crazy_o.gif

Nevertheless, another success Thunderbird  biggrin_o.gif

The goal of this patch wasn't to balance the game in perfect realism, but to make a balance between the gameplay and realism, the missions are funnier to play with new effects and with realism too, I found that I supported the gameplay more than realism, but now, I made a balance between both of them,

EECP is a very good mod of replacement but this MOD doesn't replace the totality of the units by best addons, whereas my MOD replaces 98% of addons by the best ones by using excellent scripts,I took as a starting point the realism of this excellent EECP mod and I used the "Fun atmosphere" used in the great Y2K3 and I've created a mod wich balance between realism and fun by respecting the era of the years 1980-1985, I think that currently the campaigns and the missions are better to play, I think I'll try again the campaign 1985 and Retaliation campaign...

I forgot to say to you that there's NO lag with this config, it will function perfectly like version 1.6, I listnen to the players to apply their wishes if that's possible, for example, some people contacted me by mail to add the script of the bodies which explode, I refused to introduce it because it's a source of lag,if you have any proposal , I'm here to see what can I do smile_o.gif

It's a long way where I started as nothing and now I arrived sufficiently far, I want to enormously thank you for your support smile_o.gif

Edit : I'll contact Rever if he wish to create a new link wink_o.gif

@Tomislav ; Yeah , I speak arabic but I don't speak afghani because it's based more on the "ourdou" (Pakistan) than the arabic wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]120mm APFSDS-T M829A2 is the current production armor defeat cartridge for the 120mm gun tanks M1A1 and M1A2.

So this is the first official ammunition used by the M1A1

@SPQR :You know you tedious buffoon claiming itself for a "soldier" and for a good "military adviser", I contacted a TRUE military experienced who accepted to help me to choose the ideal ammunition for each tank smile_o.gif

ive got rid of the errors i got (removed and reinstalled FFUR)

and, in the latest version there are a couple of errors/bugs...

first, there is a error on the scorpion (no recoil) and then the autocannon on the A10 with LGB is the one thats supposed to be on Su 25 (Gzh-2-30)

and the bomb names isnt the same bomb as the model... it sais GBU24, it´s rather Mk84 bombs ;)

other then that i havnt found anything yet.

I'm currently getting the 2.0 patch from Thunderbird now so you should have a nice uber-fast mirror soon. As for the misc patch, you can get it here.

Moderator contact accomplished for both "clowns"  smile_o.gif

I'm still waiting.

As you participated once here, I wonder you didnt't find the links about shells and armour... smile_o.gif

@SPQR :You know you tedious buffoon claiming itself for a "soldier" and for a good "military adviser", I contacted a TRUE military experienced who accepted to help me to choose the ideal ammunition for each tank
Moderator contact accomplished for both "clowns

You know, you have a strange definition of "moderation" you too.

Despite the past story between you all, the remarks on vehicle not present in the eighties remains perfectly valid.

You said your mod was to accomplish a 1985 replacement, SPQR pointed out that there were mistakes in some replacements.

But if you want to change the direction of your mod and extend past the 1985 era there is no problem, but it is always interesting to know what is supposed to be there in the eighties and what comes later.

no need of name calling, that is really childish.

@The_shadow :

Shadowblem.jpg

shadowblemII.jpg

rock.gif

@SPQR : you rub with the moderators? it's provocation, you think of being invincible and to be able to do what you want, eh well, one will see that smile_o.gif

@Sanctuary : he may do that politely and with a structure, and he shouldn't criticize while making fun, at OFrP, when somebody criticized without base, he was made crush by everyone, Sanctuary, you would accept that somebody criticizes all your work without any argumentation and in a way causing with a single aim of devaluing and not to make constructive criticism?

Nobody wish that ...

For example, I made no comment about the BMP ammunitions (its low pressure gun only fires HEAT and eventually HE) as I knew, as thunderbird84 explained it well, that some BIS configuration features can't be changed without destroying the gameplay or else.

So I currently only put the stress on 4 obvious points that could be easily corrected by thunderbird84. And it's still a huge work done by him. No one, even me, can say that he didn't work hard on it.