FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Patch 1.3

Patch1.jpg

*Fixed AI

-now AI will follow the orders of the officer still using the improvements

-AI open fire on parachutes

-AI use the suppressive fire at long distances

*New explosion effects

-now the first shell damages the tank, causes a fire, and get out the smoke of the interior of the tank, the second shell destroys the tank and makes detach the turret of the tank.

-Planes explosions improved ,when a plane falls into water, it causes a "splash water effect", when a plane falles on the ground , that create a huge "crash site" with a lot of debris wich remain on the ground.

-Cars are calcined after an explosion.

*Lag reduced

-Removed a lot of useless scripts

*Realism

-Spetsnatz use the "teshina"

-One hears the acceleration of the beats of the heart before the death of the soldier

*Animations

-Soldiers remain upright, and aren't posed any more on their knees.

-A lot of enhancements and modifications basing on Sanctuary good animations

-FlashFx Units Replacement Patch 1.3 [7.2 MB]

Which ones are you using thunderbird84 ?

The exact ones from the screenshots or the alternative pack (that are in fact the same ones, but with the extremities of the foot less bent on each animations to reflect more the hardness of the boots) ?

I suggest using the alternative ones.

That new planecrash effect is great, but I hear no sound during the explosion...I hear the explosion before she occurs. (I don't think it was a dopller effect or something)

New anims are cool.

There still a glitch between the crouch and standup & run anim, but it doesn't bother me.

You have to watch out while you are running and shooting because you can hit yourself in the leg!

Great work and sweet dreams.

Quote[/b] ]The tracers where very cool when whaching firefights but it realy anoid me that every second one boundsed of the ground like it was metal or somthing plus it had the same moving away as it had hit the ground with. Ihope this can be fixed.

Watch this Video , you'll get your answer  smile_o.gif

Considering the vid, we may assume that there is no real gattling gun addon available for OFP.

Fraction of a sec of trigger squeeze and any unarmoured vehicle is ball of fire. No real aiming just bullet shower.

Again, there is a need for real powerful gattling gun addon.

sure there is. more deaths at one time = more free time to pillage the bodies for jewlry, money, rank insignias (for souvieners) and most of all relaxing smile_o.gif

WHOA!! Lagfest!

to be honest, the debris from the vehicle explosions causes enormus lag.

and all the extra effects? damn, with all those scripts running i drop from about 50 to 20 fps with just 2 squads on the map, especially when they stat fighting..

i got a AMD 64 3000+ 2Ghz, 512Mb DDR RAM (PC 333 i think)

Radeon 9800SE 128Mb graphics

and i got all settings in ofp quite low (i can have a lot higher but i like big battles :P)

like viewdistance is only 1200m (ive tried 2000 without problems)

it was good before, but im afraid youve put in too much things wich makes it lag....

cant you remove some stuff and make it a "light" version? like the effects when tanks n stuff are destroyed.

and some scripts?

i really love this mod though, but now its just got tooo much effects..

I only get lag when tank explodes and turret get off/flys away/explodes.

And with those anims:noticed a bug.When switching to binoculars while holding the gun,binoculars first appear ON the gun and the soldiers takes them from there.

Couldn't say it better. wink_o.gif

Still you could replace the AT anim to new one.

i still got alot of lagg.lol... no idea why anymore... sad_o.gif

surely cuz of the high detailed addons wink_o.gif

Hi,

Am I the only one having trouble downloading the mod file? I have tried downloading it twice now. Both times I get a message saying the file is corrupt, and installation fails.

Are there any known working mirrors out there?

I've added all the files to date to OFPFiles.

The mirrors:

FlashFX Units Replacement Pack 1.0

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....k;37506

FlashFX Units Replacement Pack Patch 1.2

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....h;37507

FlashFX Units Replacement Pack Misc Patch 1.2

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....h;37508

FlashFX Units Replacement Pack Patch 1.3

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....h;37533

Hi all

@Sanctuary : I've used those of Feb. 05 2005,17:55

@Shadow : Ok , I'll immediately reduce the lag by removing all new scripts for low configs. it'll be ready in 10 minutes

Quote[/b] ]Still you could replace the AT anim to new one.

yeah , but the soldier can't fire if I use this anim , if the good animations maker Sanctuary create a good anim , off course that I'll introduce it.

@Reven : Thank you very much for the mirrors smile_o.gif

and special thanks to Kikill for the mirror too smile_o.gif

Mirror

I've removed the new explosion effects ,

Law ;missile smoke and flame

but I kept other flashFx Effects

Blood script

ORCS scripts

IA script smile_o.gif

Tony Ranger 's told me how may I do to improve more and more the IA with new scripts wink_o.gif

I'm working on it smile_o.gif

great, but please, dont use too many scripts, if the game has to run many scripts it will lag, no matter how simple the scripts are.. better with few scripts that does many things then many scripts that do few things (if you understand how i mean)

and all debris/turrets that get blown of the vehicles in the last (non low cpu config) are counted as enemies wich causes the cpu to run every god damn "enemy vehicle distance" radio soundfiles there is, wich also steals cpu power at the same time as the cpu need to keep track of them = lag

remember, a lot of small things quick makes a mountain of lag..

so please, keep it simple, for everyones happyness.

great, but please, dont use too many scripts, if the game has to run many scripts it will lag, no matter how simple the scripts are.. better with few scripts that does many things then many scripts that do few things (if you understand how i mean)

and all debris/turrets that get blown of the vehicles in the last (non low cpu config) are counted as enemies wich causes the cpu to run every god damn "enemy vehicle distance" radio soundfiles there is, wich also steals cpu power at the same time as the cpu need to keep track of them = lag

couldent have sayd it better smile_o.gif

couldent have sayd it better smile_o.gif

me too

@thunderbird :It doesn't matter.Noticed lag with that plane dust script.No not with helis only planes.

Hell,in my game the blown off turrets are count as friendlys or just empty. rock.gif

for me they are counted as enemy, but AI doesnt target them..

but as i said AI run "12 o klock, Enemy vehicle 500" or similar for every part of debris.

that does indeed steal alot of CPU power..

so please, remove all that debris and blown of turrets and have it as before.. same with the cars.

Hello,

I am unfortunately reverting back to 1.0 today, for the new version is even laggier than before. I do not know what is causing this lag-even with the "low cpu" config I am still getting around 5 fps on the nogovan "warcry" mission. I actually have a fairly high end cpu (see my post earlier) but unfortunately for some reason these new versions have made the game unplayable sad_o.gif.

My best guess is some of the scripts, or the ai scripts maybe are bringing my system down. Maybe you can release a version without all these newly-added ai scripts and such?

A note-just played 1.0 on the same mission, 25-30 fps. I think it is a script problem, because a radeon 9800 shouldn't have problems with the effects. rock.gif

yeah, i belive the new AI script is the main cause of lag.

as i suppose it isnt one script but many small scripts executed by one main script, and i also guess the script is run many times for each units in game

Hi , ok , I'm doing a config basing myself on BIS default config 1.96 , I'll introduce 1scripts for the low config and 3 for medium ones . smile_o.gif

*low config

-Bn tracer script

*medium config

-explosion effect

-blood script

-Bn tracer

smile_o.gif

could you try to make one experimental config with ONLY the new AI scripts?

i want to test if thats what causes the lag