Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Maybe call it Y2K3 8.0 - Final or something like that if it will be the last version - for real... wink_o.gif

oh how i wish tounge2.gif

This has probably been discussed somewhere along the 900 posts but I wasn't about to go through 61 pages so:

What's the problem with the beretta, I get "Error Loading Y2K3_hg\Beretta.p3d (magic)" when loading units with berettas, how can I fix this?

are there any dedicated servers which use Y2K3 ? id like to play it online... if so , please hand me the IP so i could add it to OFP watch smile_o.gif

This has probably been discussed somewhere along the 900 posts but I wasn't about to go through 61 pages so:

What's the problem with the beretta, I get "Error Loading Y2K3_hg\Beretta.p3d (magic)" when loading units with berettas, how can I fix this?

i have no clue why this error is being generated. the beretta works fine for me. no errors here crazy_o.gif

using 7.3: default exploding bodies config

well....my crime city server runs Y2K3 on it but i only have it up usually when im on and wanting to play Y2K3 since i host it at my house :P but if you still want to play on it catch me on msn (check my sig) or look for "Crime City Server" in the ingame browser

Is it possible to get the INQ night vission effect without having to install the sky pack. I'm really not that fond of blue rain crazy_o.gif and the bad weather sky is much to sunny if u ask me. confused_o.gif

Thanx in advance.

Thanx. You don't happen to know wich ones are the sky files?

They're not exactly labeled. I'll try some things out but if you know wich ones i have to take out it would be much appreciated. Thanx again. smile_o.gif

the best way to find out is:

download kegetys sky addon, or unsung, or any one of those.. and then match the files. the files with the same names are the sky. the rest is the new laptop, watch, and NVG

Pappy ...we're kinda perplexed that when launching y2k3 with 10 units per side of t-80 vs m1A1's it lags...yet when launching the same units in FFUR..its smooth???Yet they are the same tank units...icp/kingHomer?

Can you maybe pinpoint what the problem is so we can go in and possibly smooth out this issue?I play with a fellow who is a coder that may take the time to fix these issues if he knew the best place to look.Thanks.

ps..I did notice that theres a difference between the file size of the addons betwen the two mods as well?

That'll be because the current latest version of Y2K3 uses the high res textured T80.

Quote[/b] ]ps..I did notice that theres a difference between the file size of the addons betwen the two mods as well?

Because All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties and only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

Regards

TB84

Daniel @ Dec. 18 2005,07:13)]That'll be because the current latest version of Y2K3 uses the high res textured T80.

exactly.

i went with common sense instead of fact here. my biggest flaw in life. thinking that other people also think.

common sense would tell me: when you make an addon anything above 1024 is insane, and 512 is optimal. orcs saw it differntly. fact tells me, post release, that orcs uses 2048x2048 textures. the biggest mistake in OFP history. why addon makers insist on doing this is beyond me. it drops framerate by 10 to 20 fps. as i did not have time to fully look into this stuff, i tested it seemed fine and i was good to go. it wasnt til later i realized my mistake.

so if you want to attempt to fix this, since time is not on my side, but work irl and debt are, i cannot acomplish this myself. you must resize the textures for the orcs T72, T80, and T90's to somewhere around 512 or 1024 if you have a really really good computer; however 512 is optimal in this situation. i did a small experiment myself by simply resizing the texture and replacing the file in the decompressed pbo file and found that the detail werent lost.

well heres the strange thing...I had already done that..the files size difference was before I re did the textures...but they are STILL lagging.I took them down to 512.

Been playing around with my favorite mod again!This time i have replaced the res side with the new sad chechen terrorists.Iv'e un pbo'ed the addon and have sucessfuly replaced the model name's in your'e config with model names from the addon's config,in the addon pbo config i find this lineclass EventHandlers

{

fired = "_this Exec {\SAD_Rebels\scream.sqs}";

}; I gather they can scream things like "alla akbar" Pappy my question is how do i implement the screaming bit into your'e config,hope you can help thanks.

current fired eventhandler

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fired="_this exec ""\Nmod_Effects\fuseinit.sqs""; if ((_this select 4) == ""HEP_M82Mag"") then {_this call loadFile ""\HEP\FX\m82fx.sqf""}; if ( (_this select 1 in [{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher},{RPGLauncher},{LAWLauncher},{

CarlGustavLauncher},{KEGRPG7LauncherMag},{AT4Launcher},{SUCHrpg16dAT},{SUCHRPG16dHE},{9K32

Launcher},{AALauncher}]) or (_this select 4 in [{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\fx\launchSmoke.sqs}};if ( (_this select 1 in [{Throw},{smokeshell},{smokeshellred},{smokeshellgreen}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\FX\man_popsmoke.sqs}}";

the one you need:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fired="_this Exec {\SAD_Rebels\scream.sqs}; _this exec ""\Nmod_Effects\fuseinit.sqs""; if ((_this select 4) == ""HEP_M82Mag"") then {_this call loadFile ""\HEP\FX\m82fx.sqf""}; if ( (_this select 1 in [{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher},{RPGLauncher},{LAWLauncher},{

CarlGustavLauncher},{KEGRPG7LauncherMag},{AT4Launcher},{SUCHrpg16dAT},{SUCHRPG16dHE},{9K32

Launcher},{AALauncher}]) or (_this select 4 in [{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\fx\launchSmoke.sqs}};if ( (_this select 1 in [{Throw},{smokeshell},{smokeshellred},{smokeshellgreen}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\FX\man_popsmoke.sqs}}";

just copy and paste that over the fired eventhandler for SoldierGB

Pappy sorry iv'e only just realised the yk23 config i'm modifying is the old one.Here is what my line looks like           class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec ""\ECP_Effects\init.sqs"";[_this select 0,2]call loadFile""\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf""";

fired="if ((_this select 4) == ""HEP_M82Mag"") then {_this call loadFile ""\HEP\FX\m82fx.sqf""};_this call ECP_EH_handler_fired; if ( (_this select 1 in [{Throw},{JAM_AT4Launcher},{JAM_RPG7Launcher},{JAM_M72LAWLauncher},{RPGLauncher},{LAWLaunc

her},{CarlGustavLauncher},{KEGRPG7LauncherMag},{AT4Launcher},{SUCHrpg16dAT},{SUCHRPG16dHE}

,{9K32Launcher},{AALauncher}]) or (_this select 4 in [{JAM_MarkerGrenadeammo}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\FX\firedEH.sqs}};if ( (_this select 1 in [{Throw},{smokeshell},{smokeshellred},{smokeshellgreen}]) ) then {_this exec {\JAM_Magazines\FX\man_popsmoke.sqs}}";

};

Oh lordy! After trial and error iv'e just done it(ignore post above) Now i'm trying to get the burning bodies thing into it.if any one can help,were do i get the burning bodies script from and 2 how would i implement it into the old YK23 config? Hope someone can help thank's

Been playing around with my favorite mod again!This time i have replaced the res side with the new sad chechen terrorists.Iv'e un pbo'ed the addon and have sucessfuly replaced the model name's in your'e config with model names from the addon's config,in the addon pbo config i find this lineclass EventHandlers

{

fired = "_this Exec {\SAD_Rebels\scream.sqs}";

}; I gather they can scream things like "alla akbar" Pappy my question is how do i implement the screaming bit into your'e config,hope you can help thanks.

Could you (or anyone for that matter) possibly advise me on replacing units myself like you did?  For example, I want to make the Russian Naval Spetsnaz unit in that Red Hammer addon the default Spetsnaz (the guys with the beanie hats), how would I do that?  Is it really difficult?

Graphic click this pappys site next near the top of the page click "information" next click "customising your'e ofp expirience" Their you have it,Pappy explain's in simple term's how you do it all! Be warned though,this is what caused my addiction to ofp.You will spend many hundred's of hour's customising the game.Pappy is da man inlove.gif

Haha I have nothing else to occupy my time with so it's all good. Thanks a mil for the link.

holycrap.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't expect success so early. Man I can never sleep again.

for the most part is as simple as making toast.. its just to embark on such a large customized experiance it will take you quite some time. its easy to do, its just time consuming is my point

Yeah, just takes time.  I've figured out how to (kinda) replace a weapon just from experimenting.

I have a question, where is the value for the HK pic (premission screen) so I can replace it?

*edit*

Forget it, I figured that out.  New question though: what value handles rate of fire.  I must have messed up a decimal somewhere because my shiny new imported silenced FAMAS fires one round a second in full auto  confused_o.gif  Also how do you make a weapon silent code-wise, the AI is reacting to this silenced famas as if it were unsilenced

sorry for sidetracking whistle.gif