Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

My ten bobs worth,Don't do it! personaly for me it would do my head in every time it happened.Pappy in the past you have put in a hell of a lot of hard work with this mod. when any bugs have crept up you have sorted them out. Now why go and introduce one? On a side note it's still good to see this mod is stil alive and kicking,it's my favorite inlove.gif

Pappy, I can't find then on ofp.info. I'd like to try them out first. Personally i woudn't have a problem with the faces. I always use the 3rd or command vieuw when i'm in a vehicle so i woudn't see any faces. wink_o.gif

Don't do it Pappy! Please God don't do it!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Llauma's efforts in making a new hi-res/hi-poly head, but his lack of support for default (and in turn custom faces) I find astounding, and highly disappointing - a view I have voiced time and time again and yet might as well have been shouting at a brick wall.

Anyway, if you do decide to use the ACU infantry, use the default heads.

Yup, ACU Soldiers with standart heads would do the job.

I say stick with Hyk's soldiers, the digicamo does'nt appeal to me.

Also while I'm here Pappy, Have you considered implementing the Urals by Spetsnaz mod, to replace the default ones?

I remember you said you were trying to keep the mod size down to fit on a cd or something, but has that changed now?

Sorry if you've been asked this a million times before.

notworthy.gif

i'll see if i cant find a work around for the face bug, find a way to get it to sort itself out. otherwise ill keep the HYK soldiers. i have no modeling experiance so i cant "switch heads" to default ones

arch: the urals are the CSLA urals. they arnt default. there are no default vehicles in the game sans the Jeep and BDRM. the CH47 and V80 are the only other 2 vehicles that remain default and as i said im not changing those helos.

edit: id like to point out the face bug is ONLY when you start the mission as driver or gunner of a vehicle. if you start the mission as cargo then theres no problem; if you start the mission outside the vehicle and then get in theres no problem. soits only when you start as driver (you or AI) just so we're clear on that.

I see there are face script's in the pbo for this addon! That get's me thinking more script's=more lag. Now that is a big no no.

Pappy, I can't find then on ofp.info. I'd like to try them out first. Personally i woudn't have a problem with the faces. I always use the 3rd or command vieuw when i'm in a vehicle so i woudn't see any faces. wink_o.gif

Here you go buddy-click this However i hope these don't get implemented into this mod!

I see there are face script's in the pbo for this addon! That get's me thinking more script's=more lag. Now that is a big no no.

actualy this shocks the hell out of me: i get better framerates with these soldiers then i did HYK. for me the "flashpoint.eden" mission 1 of 1985 campaign i get 10fps... with hyk soldiers i got 6.

so yea that shocks me i get better FPS with these soliders then i do with HYK.

however i cant solve that face bug so fuck'em. i aint use'n em for public release. ill keepem for myself but im not using these in the public release of 7.5 banghead.gif

right now im a little tired, a little wired, and i dont feel like dealing with this right now. so im goin to take a nap. watch some tv. mabe enjoy some adult entertainment. and worry about the other bugs; like why when using the RHSt80 it doesnt want to follow ANY waypoints in BI missions. or why some moron coded the T72 main gun to fire on helos.. and hit them 98% of the time.

A little question to y2k3, i have a problem with lean left or right and roll when i turn the buttons to lean or roll my player turn his weapon on the side and bore himself into the level ground what is wrong?

That's a shame. I would've voted for new camo and new head model sad_o.gif

same here, mostly the "weird face" would be behind armour, or a pilot helmet either way....

Hope you do include ways of implementing the Llauma's heads.

Pappy - with all due respect for the Kman 3000, those ACU troops you're talking about were spotted on ofp.info about 6 months or so after they were released.

The model still needs a lot of work, as do the textures. I'd advise you stick with the HYK BDU units, or make a retexture of them like FFUR (if you feel like it). Don't get me wrong - I'm for ACU all the way (especially if you can do the job... whistle.gif )

And stick with BIS heads, I Llaumax'ed all my units, and though it looks nice, the incompatability with vehicles (and lack of faces) really gets to me.

hey trust me, i would have LOVED to use the new models. the faces and the heads were absolutly amazing.

however: when you start off inside a vehicle, helo, car, truck, anything as driver and/or gunner your face is all googly

if you "save game" and restart mid-mission from that save point yuor face is all googly (you and ALL west soldiers)

so unless someone can figure out how to impliment the default standard face ontot he lluma heads, that plan is scarped. and trust me im not happy about scrapin it either.

note: it also screws with any soldier addon that is classed as soldierwb

Symbiot and a few other blokes (Sputnik Monroe for one) were working on a Ghost Recon and BIS face conversion to Llauma architecture project. You may want to ask them how they're going.

As for scripts though... no fixes I can find...

Pity, I've stuck the Llauma heads on all my addons, and it looks really really really good, just nonplayable due to googly-facing. sad_o.gif

Don't start me on custom heads! hehehe

I griped about this to the point I slightly pissed one or two people off before, (though a few also agreed!smile_o.gif), and it was for exactly the same thing... lllaumas heads are awesome in photos, but they're a total bitch to make a custom texture for (and wrap it successfully) unless you know what you're doing... and this google face thing is actually funny.... twice.... at most...

The BIS head is basically a box and looks "less than lovely" from most directions save straight on - but, having said that - "most of the time", if you've got a reasonably good face texture, that does look recognisably like <whoever> charging past or peeking out from under that bush, sadly mistaken about remaining unseen... pistols.gif ... It's only my opinion, but thats what most people want...

Llaumas (and the RHS "legolas" heads) look gorgeous from ALL angles, but one forces you to have a definite facial structure which doesn't suit most average face textures, and the other is real tricky to get your texture onto... This means that, in most cases, that doesn't look sufficiently like <whoever>... etc, etc...

Both these projects involve clever, clever guys... busting their asses for free just to push the limits, so don't get me wrong - I'm in awe - but for the "average Joe User" it ain't quite there yet with either... IMHO...

Damn! there I started about custom heads after all ... crazy_o.gif

Me? I'm just tickled about the shilka finally getting an "official" facelift biggrin_o.gif

Bush<standardBISheadsofar>Lurker

Yeah, true that mate.

Well, I've solved the googly facing (ta to Offtime + AGSmith), so now the only issue: I need more faces! sad_o.gif

Dear Pappy,any chance you could implement some sort of burning effect for tank crews! I.e what i mean is when the tank get's hit/explodes,and is on fire the crew(like in real life) Burns's.Perhaps they may eject from the tank and burn! Now i know this may be a sore subject with some peep's,however it does happen in real life.

hmmm eh sure what the hell, ill see what i can do.

working out a few bugs with the T80 and then release should be soon

Hope your'e not thinking of implementing the new version of inq/king homers tank. Iv'e just tied it! It's a great addon looks brilliant,but when their are a few of em on screen they lag BIG and i mean BIG time!

Same as with the new Shilka. It lags even with only one.

Except when you look at it the fps are fine.This happens even with 20 Shilka's. FPS drop to 2 but when you look at them FPS is normal. Very strange. confused_o.gif

ive tested the new shilka, and ive experinced no lag at all using it as a replacment.

the new abrams... due to the pbo being locked nothing inside it can be acessed from an outside source.

in other words the models cant be linked to the BI config without those models and textures being seperated. and i doubt king homer would go for that, so i cant even begin to test that in a replacment setting to see the lag issue.