Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

ok dude it took me a bit of work to do it, but i got it to work

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/Y2K3/newdeath.rar

download that file, put the pbo in your Y2K3/Addons folder. then you will see a text file called cfgmoves. open it up and copy the entire thing. then in your custom Y2K3 config find the CFG moves. and copy from cfgmoves alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way down right before cfgammo. its a HUGE section of file. replace it with the one in the text file.

most noticeable change is the running death animations. crouch, then standing deaths.

hopefuly that should be simple enough for you to figure out.

Hey guys,

I have a weird and wonderful new bug, when I get killed I can't exit the game.

I just have to lie there and watch the battle carry on, ESC does'nt work and Alt Tabbing or Ctrl Alt Deleting out of the game every time I die is a little rough on the PC.

Pappy,thanks for your'e help with new death anims inlove.gif Iv'e said it before i'll say it again "you are the man" inlove.gif  inlove.gif As regards to Imshi-Yallah's problem were he get's killed then can't exit the game,i can definately say in years of playing around with this mod,even with my own custom config's and addons i have never had this death bug! Edit= does this problem only happen with the Y2K3 mod?

that is extremly weird. coming from a person that dies lot in this game i have never experianced that.

I think it may be a clash with DDAMs addons...will test that out tonight.

Quote[/b] ]Hey guys,

I have a weird and wonderful new bug, when I get killed I can't exit the game.

I just have to lie there and watch the battle carry on, ESC does'nt work and Alt Tabbing or Ctrl Alt Deleting out of the game every time I die is a little rough on the PC.

It's probably a script somewhere that sets

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">controluserimput = false

and thus you can't do ANYTHING.

not in my mod. the only death scripts i have are the exploding bodies and ive been exploded on several occasions and didnt have the problem huh.gif

Its definitely a clash with DDAM rather than something inherent to Y2k3.

Just hope it works ok with the finished Irish troops, we'll find out soon enough.

Ah, great! Thanks so much, I'll be able to see everything much better now with dxdll. I never relly noticed a difference with the sky pack... or maybe I didn't actually get it installed right.

All in all though, I like the compatibility level. Thanks!

I love the mod. Lots of gore when I start firing large weapons, and the tracers are beautiful. But the only thing is... is there a way (would you allow me to?) to use the old NV Goggles effect so I can use DXDLL with it? It's the only thing I use DXDLL for, so I can get a good view and it looks sooo wonderfully... kickass. If you wouldn't mind telling me how, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and this has indeed become my default mod to play... I can actually aim! (Unlike FDF, which is awesome; but I know I can aim better than Honka can.)

yes, re-run the Y2K3 Skypack & More but before running, go to the new data folder and remove the labled files: night_sum (thats 01 to 05). that will just remove the night vision veiw.. the model will still remain the modern ones, the veiw will be reverted to the grainy hard to see type.

then run the skypack and more.. and then install johns fire and smoke fx (listed in my downloads)

about the bn_880 tracers you just insert the line

[_this select 0,2]call loadFile "\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf"

in the init line in the mission editor of a soldier. (it will figure out what side your on and give u the approprate color. west = orange, res and east = green)

Uhhh.... well, I didn't want the oval. That's what I wanted to get rid of. Do I have to remove NVG Proxy or something for that?

the "oval" is BIS's thing.. not INQs.

the "proxy" is the actual model istelf. i assume you still want the modern model but the pre-modern sandy veiw.

i dont beleive you can get rid of the oval.

Pappy,since implementing lockes leaning anims into my custom Y2K3 config(from the old mod which topic was locked)i have a problem.The problem is when a unit,any unit which has a pistol drawn,the unit sinks into the ground up to it's waist.When the pistol is put away i.e weapon on back, the unit is ok.Now i am scratching my head over this one because i followed your'e instructions confused_o.gif Any ideas?

Pappy,since implementing lockes leaning anims into my custom Y2K3 config(from the old mod which topic was locked)i have a problem.The problem is when a unit,any unit which has a pistol drawn,the unit sinks into the ground up to it's waist.When the pistol is put away i.e weapon on back, the unit is ok.Now i am scratching my head over this one because i followed your'e instructions confused_o.gif Any ideas?

It sounds like the "handgun bug" that happen if you use a config in cpp format

Convert your config.cpp back into a config.bin using cpp2bin and your problem should disappear.

An alternative solution, if you want to keep your config in a .cpp format so you can edit it easily, without having to see the "handgun bug" is just to follow the simple instructions there

Edit : notice that if your config use class names that are defined in an addon, (not sure if it is true for preloaded ones or for not preloaded addons), the alternative solution may not work without errors appearing ingame.

I used to be able to get rid of the oval. Using DXDLL, I'd push the N key and the oval wouldn't even appear, I got a full screen.

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>ATTENTION Y2K3 USERS!</span></span>

i am currently in the process of uploading a 7.5 patch. i skiped 7.4 because it was unreleased.

7.5 patch is currently 112 megs. the reason being i took sjb's advice and combined the 7.2 and 7.3 patchs. so you can go from 7.1 to 7.5 in one patch. so that should make it alot easier for new users to upgrade.

theres several minor fixes from 7.3 such as removing the engine start up and shutdown sounds to avoid the retard AI that trys to start a tank with 0 fuel over and over and over again that constantly plays that sound lagging the game and annoying people.

and there are several major changes: the T80 is now the RHS t80 in hopes of improving performance from the 7.3 tanks. however the t72 remains the same until i can reduce the textures to a smaller size or a newer, more performance freindly one comes along. hopefuly with the new t80 tank battles will be a lil more playable

the AH1 is reverted to the AH1W older version of vit's heloz cuz i didnt like his latest installment of that thing.

the shilka is replaced by the long awaited spetznaz one

added new running, standing and kneeling death animations from.. umm some russian guy person thingy.

removed the resistance cfg moves from the config and included sancuatrys most recent pbo addon for his new pistol animation that allows for leaning with pistols. so that works now and is included. so now you can lean with rifles and pistols. as well as crouch walk. works with the 7.1 anim.pbo (and any other for that matter)

jeepmg now replaced by combats hummer with M2. combats newest version of thier humvee is NOT included, however it is still compatable. i didnt include it to cut down size. this should also solve that MP bug that made Y2K3 unplayable on servers due to that texture issue.

ak47 firing sound replaced by jam firing sound. it varies with what jam3 sound pack you are using.

and a few other changes that ive forgoton about because ive been personaly tweaking this thing since 7.3 and i didnt keep a list cuz i had no intention on 7.5 release

im uploading it now for beta testing purposes and have every intention on releasing it soon. and unlike other addon makers "soon" means within the next few weeks. probably march sometime.

things i dont plan on doing:

updating the ch47. its fine the way it is.

updating the "v80" because its a seldom used vehicle in bi or user made addons and doesnt warrent the time and effort needed to update it.

now assuming this patch is semi flawless. which means that no major bugs are found... then i swear this is the final patch. and not like those other final patchs.. this is the final final. because i have replaced everything i want to replace. ive done everything i wanted to do. therefore i am DONE. if i do anything Y2K3 related beyond this point, it would be to do a low-res armor patch for the T80 and T72 when a low res tank is available for each. beyond that i have no intention of going past this 7.5 mark.

oh and i have every intention of starting a brand new topic as well. to cut down on confusion and tech support problems. i will repost the first post of this topic for new users to learn about Y2K3, and current users can easily find thier way around the new topic.

anyone wanna beta test it?

ive only got one beta testerso i could use a couple more to test it out.

i mainly just need to make sure i havnt forgot any addons in the installer since ive been fiddeling with it for so long i forgot what i changed

Just publish beta and youl'll have many betatesters smile_o.gif

because its a 112 meg patch and if people had to download that twice id tick off alot of people.

and because i dont want to cause any confusion with any servers that may want to run this.

since ive replaced the jeepmg with the humvee rather then the httv it will be server compatable since that was the only thing killing MP useage.

id rather just wait a few weeks and post a link and go "here yall go, last patch you'll ever need"

because its a 112 meg patch and if people had to download that twice id tick off alot of people.

Are there still that many people with 56k modems out there?

No offence to them, but many people have an fast internet connection today. huh.gif

Pappy Boyington any chance of including the high res island textures in the new patch installer and also the better skies, just i'm crap at getting the addons to work but if they are in the installer would be great, i would download it even if it were a couple of gigs. This mod really is great for the game even made me buy another copy of it just to play it.

Are there still that many people with 56k modems out there?

No offence to them, but many people have an fast internet connection today. huh.gif

sadly yes. i agree with you on this but hey i cant fix everything in the world.

scarlet: i have no intention of ever using "hi res" islands. for personal or public use in Y2K3. 200 megs per island is insane. sure they look pretty and neat. but Y2K3 has several addons that use "above average" texture resolutions and i dont need to bog down the game with 2048 textures on islands. and i dont want to post a 2gb installer to install "high res islands". my users got enough on thier plate for download.

theres alot of sky mods out there but im not a fan of any of them other then the orginal. (orginal sky mod.. by kegetys) with the exception of the stormy sky from unsung, so i mixed and matched the skys until i had a nice combo. however if you prefer to use one of these other sky mods, just download and install the Y2K3 skymod to your HD but DONT install it to your data/data3d.pbos. download your favorate skymod and replace the files in the "newdata" folder with those of your choice from the new sky mod and then install it to your OFP. that way you can have whatever sky you want coupled with the Y2K3 nvg watch laptop and whatever else i changed.

oh by the way the patch release will be based on king homers M1A2 SEP 3.0 release. he is adding and changing alot of stuff to it so i will need to make the nessacary changes to Y2K3 so rather then release 2 patchs ill wait and do one. hopefuly that wont take too long

Need an opinon here:

theres modern camo combat troops released on ofp.info. they use the digicamo, have the new "lluma heads" come in regular and SP soldiers, and looks absolutly fanfuckingtastic.

there does exsist one tiny problem; and i want to know is this going to be a huge problem for everyone or would you be willing to "get over it" for this nearly unoticable thing.

heres the problem: the new "heads" dont support the orginal face structures. meaning the BI faces are scrambled.. they come with a random face script that keeps the faces random. when you start a mission everyone has a working face; unless however you start off as driver of a vehicle. put in a truck, a car, a jeep, jeepmg. as long as the soldier remains in the vehicle he has a "Scrambled face" but when he disembarks the randface script takes over and he has a normal face.

how big of an issue will this be for you? can you put up with a googly face for a vehicle driver until they disembark? or should i scrap the whole digicam soldiers and stick with the 2003 HyK soldiers. note that when you re-enter the vehicle you have the "new" face

personaly: i would like the new modern ones but its up to yall. cuz i can keepem for my own private version.