Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

couldnt wait for armed asasult to come out so went n bought flashpoint again got the GOTY edition, have downloaded this mod and its all up to date (its brilliant by the way). I'm playing through the campaigns at the moment, are there any user made campigns out there that i can download which use just the mods included in this mod.  I would love some decent helicopter missions ethier campaign or single missions.

can any one pint me in the right direction?

I like PMC FURY myself, but it's almost 100% infantry. Your not going to get a helicopter piloting fix out of it (there area a couple of helicopter missions though). It's very long, plays out like an extended version of the main campaign.

http://flashpoint.nekromantix.com/campaign.php

Doesn't use any addons, so it works fine with Y2K3.

Hey guys

- problem with the FAMAS. Speed of fire is handled in the weapon's config.cpp under the value "reloadtime=x;". To make the rate of fire in full auto realistic, find out how many rounds per minute (RPM, heh) the weapon fires in full auto (cyclic) and divide by 60 seconds. Enter this value for your reloadtime entry. Simple.

-EDIT (Make sure you look under the full auto weapon setting, not semi!wink_o.gif It should start with ClassFullAuto, and be a subclass of something else - can't remember off the top of me head.

couldnt wait for armed asasult to come out so went n bought flashpoint again got the GOTY edition, have downloaded this mod and its all up to date (its brilliant by the way).

well im glad you like it, one of the primary reasons for Y2K3 was to hold people over til ArmA. ofering modern combat and fun features to play with and enjoy your gaming.

and thank you for choosing Y2K3 to enhance your gaming experiance

will there be any more updates to this mod?

Is there any where I can find a list of all missions/ campaigns made which will work using just the contents of this great mod?  If its not available I think a we should start a list.

Also just noticed, i've installed the 1.3 patch but it says 1.2 on the title screen is that right?

All missions use this mod. The mod replaces all BIS units with the communities addons, so all missions work with it.

Sorry I guess what i ment to say was what missions/ campaigns are out there that only use the new models included in his mod, i know that the mod replaces all the standard stuff but there are also other addons included which are extra.

also is it right that on the title screen it says 7.2 even though i installed 7.3?

You can replay the 1985 campaign, red hammer, and resistance. Which are really good campaigns, there are many missions that dont use any other mods, just the basic models from bis. Usually the mission maker will indicate which mods they use in their missions. The y2k3 and ffur takes all the orginal models and replaces them with super high quality mods, which is great. I hope this makes sense.

Doc

the 7.3 displaying as 7.2 is a minor bug, if you start up ofp and you have the new tanks and the 3d craters then your running 7.3.

at this point in time there are no new updates planed for this mod.

fantastic news Y2K3ers!!

no this isnt a new patch notice.. however

small idea of what it looks like in game:

fire.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire3.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=9426

John released his fire and smoke fx, i have installed and tested and found out that it works 100% with Y2K3 no extra user input or changes required other then running the exe in his download.

If you use Y2K3 Sky Pack - apply the patch to Y2K3/Dta/data.pbo and to Y2K3/Dta/hwtl/data.pbo

if you DO NOT use Y2K3 Sky Pack - apply the patch to Res/Dta/data.pbo and to Res/Dta/hwtl/data.pbo

then start up your game and go blow shit up. or fly an A10 or Su25 at 50% dammage and u will see the new fire and smoke instantly. to see a slow version blow up some tanks or houses. if you dont want to blow stuff up. just put in a camp fire (under Objects/Fire) and "light fire" and you will see a small one

the fire and smoke seems to "flicker" a little bit due to the ofp engine bug thingy but it really doesnt look that bad, i honestly thing it looks pretty damn good all things considered.  thumbs-up.gif  so if you want to, feel free to check it out and install it. its completly optional so youdont have to use it. i havnt fully tested it but it doesnt seem to ofer any performance drop.

for those that thought before "eh they look ok"

let me give u a comparison, shall we?

lets blow up a fuel station:

firebefore.jpg

before^

after \/

fireafter.jpg

Pappy,this is a lot to ask from you i know but here goes:-please could you explain how to implement the "lean anims" from locke into my old Y2K3config which i am once again customising.(by old i mean the config from your'e older y2k3 topic which was locked a long time ago.

find the cfg moves list in the latest config, copy the entire section and replace the cfg moves from the old config

Pappy,thank's inlove.gif  inlove.gif (can't beleive this mod still keeps me interested and very busy with OFP) Any body got the latest uncompresed config so as i don't have to download the full mod?

if u want the latest config, 7.3, then just download the 7.3 patch. each patch has the updated config. i know 50 megs is alot to download but its better then 600 right?

Righty ho! Wil do that now! Yes as always you are right.Pappy thank you for your'e help.

I love the mod. Lots of gore when I start firing large weapons, and the tracers are beautiful. But the only thing is... is there a way (would you allow me to?) to use the old NV Goggles effect so I can use DXDLL with it? It's the only thing I use DXDLL for, so I can get a good view and it looks sooo wonderfully... kickass. If you wouldn't mind telling me how, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and this has indeed become my default mod to play... I can actually aim! (Unlike FDF, which is awesome; but I know I can aim better than Honka can.)

smile_o.gif Hello all!

There are a chance to use BN_Tracers in classic OFP game?...with any modified config??

I love these tracers!  notworthy.gif   help.gif

Oh, and this has indeed become my default mod to play... I can actually aim! (Unlike FDF, which is awesome; but I know I can aim better than Honka can.)

I know what you are saying confused_o.gif One reason i have gone off the latest ffur mod! It's become impossible to hit anything! Ironic then that i still think everthing taken into account and with many hour's of game play,y2K3 is still the most enjoyable!(after all it is a game)

I love the mod. Lots of gore when I start firing large weapons, and the tracers are beautiful. But the only thing is... is there a way (would you allow me to?) to use the old NV Goggles effect so I can use DXDLL with it? It's the only thing I use DXDLL for, so I can get a good view and it looks sooo wonderfully... kickass. If you wouldn't mind telling me how, I'd appreciate it.

yes, re-run the Y2K3 Skypack & More but before running, go to the new data folder and remove the labled files: night_sum (thats 01 to 05). that will just remove the night vision veiw.. the model will still remain the modern ones, the veiw will be reverted to the grainy hard to see type.  

then run the skypack and more.. and then install johns fire and smoke fx (listed in my downloads)

about the bn_880 tracers you just insert the line

[_this select 0,2]call loadFile "\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf"

in the init line in the mission editor of a soldier. (it will figure out what side your on and give u the approprate color. west = orange, res and east = green)

Pappy,in the section addon and mods discussion their is a thread about implementing some new dying anims into a config.I have tried the replacment res config and the anims are good! Now i would understand if you have not got the time or will for this,but my question is what lines would i have to copy out of this russian lads config into my Y2K3 config. here is the link to the thread - thread