Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

yeah, y2k3 is really great,thx pappy, one of the best mods for ofp.

but theres a little thing that makes it hard to play with it - the same thing that makes the old versions of ecp very hard. on my pc

i cant save my games more than one time. using the savegame cheat is impossible because loading a savegame results in a CTD with an error message. ecp has fix it, with the new version you can save so much you want, thats great. but i personally prefer y2k3. both mods a great and its only a question of taste. in the moment i play more ecp ore csla2 than y2k3 because of the above mentioned reasons. if its possible to fix this savegame bug y2k3 will return to my most played mods.

the save game bug is due to loading a mission played without the specific mod. in other words the save game is from default ofp not Y2K3 so u need to restart that mission using Y2K3.

see what it is is that save game it basicly freezes the game in play as a save point. for isntance if u use Y2K3 and u blow up a tank and save the game. the second u restart the game the fire and smoke are gonna pick up EXACTLY where it left off, the bullets that were flying in mid air will resume thier course.

in a mod using scripts like ecp, ffur, y2k3, ect. those scripts pick up exactly where they left off. if u try to run the mission that didnt use the script use them.. that causes the CTD. cuz the game is saying "ok the script is here" and the mission is saying "what script?!" and they argue for a few seconds before the game says "fuck you" and shuts down.

yes,i try it and it works.

but in earlyer versions of ecp and y2k3 you play a mission, make a savegame get killed and try to load the last savegame and - ctd.

it was nearly impossible to load a savegame without ctd, even when you stay always on the mod you make the savegame.

but the problem seems to be solved thumbs-up.gif

and...in the first times i played ofp ever, and i dont know about that savegame cheat, i learned very painfully that ofp freezes everything at a savegame. in a mission i make a savegame after a very hard firefight. all enemys semms to be dead an it looks save enough to make my savegame. in the next moment after it i hear the sound of a bullet hitting me and a second later the bang of a dragunov. i make my savegame just in the moment a hidden sniper push his trigger crazy_o.gif nice and easy! had to star the whole mission again banghead.gif

You used to be able to set certain ECP settings in the ingame menu. Doing so would cause those crashes when trying to load a save game. You had to change the settings manualy in the text file instead to avoid the save game ctd bug.

@pappy

Provided you would be up to it and the guys from CSLA would be be too, would it be possible to replace the UH60s with CSLA's new ones as I see you're adding new tanks (East)? Thanks

thought about it but im sticking with the BAS ones; i like the interior textures, the features, and the animated doors.

to be honest the animated doors was my BIGGEST influnce on teh desicion. i hate having the doors frozen open. that always irked me with the BI one.

and i left the BAS features like fast rope and things like that in, so by switching to the CSLA one ill be loosing that too

Quote[/b] ]to be honest the animated doors was my BIGGEST influnce on teh desicion. i hate having the doors frozen open. that always irked me with the BI one.

I don't see why, it's just for looks. Besides, CSLA's UH60 looks incredibly better than BAS's. So much 'smoother' looking.

I like being able to open and close the doors to, I know what you mean. Havn't tried the new CSLA one yet. smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Sep. 01 2005,18:09)]I like being able to open and close the doors to, I know what you mean. Havn't tried the new CSLA one yet.  smile_o.gif

like i said the memory points for fast roping and things like that are already implemented into the current helos.

other then the phantom rocket launcher (for mission compatibilty) i really dont see the problem with the BAS ones? crazy_o.gif

edit2: after further reveiw.. the CSLA is the UH60A. in 1989 the UH60A was upgraded to the UH60L's. theres a huge differnce in the body between teh A and the L so i couldnt use it anyway even if i wanted to

due to some small issues the Civi Plane will be returned back to the Cessna 182..... Float Plane smile_o.gif

trhe PC6 thing just isnt workin out. its cuasin too many problems with planes classed as cessnas

You tried the new Humvees by Fischkopp Pappy? They look pretty cool. thumbs-up.gif

good idea. maybe you could also replace the "jeep with mg" with fischkopp´s hmmv with mg? what´s about the new urals?

there still beta, i know. but didn´t try em...`

did you you heard something about the shilka status?

can´t wait anymore. smile_o.gif

if i replace the jeepmg again it will be by combats humvees since im already using thiers to replace the default humvee.

theres nothing wrong with combat's humvees.

and the status on the shilka is im gonna end up killing someone to get that danged model n texture pistols.gif

the only person who has them is manfred, and last i checked, he lives in a ghetto part of russian and cant afford a serious internet connection right now so he has to connect via cellphone and apperntly he cant send files over that?

last i heard was he was trying to find somewhere to sell them. he said he would give me a disk with the model and textures on it but i have to pick it up in person and im sorry but i am NOT flying to russia for a damned addon mad_o.gif

so im looking into alternate means for that shilka

haha, you could just pay some artist to model & make one ten times better where you are for the price for a round trip ticket to ghetto russia smile_o.gif

can´t wait anymore. smile_o.gif

you say it, nice idea. thumbs-up.gif

nener.gif

Raptor wink_o.gif

im gonna give it a lil while longer. see what turns up.

worst case scenerio end of this month i release the patch with or without the shilka.

as it stands right now:

*T72 (east & res) from ORCS

*T80 (east & res) from ORCS

*Shilka from Specnaz Mod (waiting for release)

*M2 (East) changed to the CSLA mounted dshk (same hight as the orginal M2) but the ammo remains KORD ammo in 100 round magazines same as the west M2 to keep things balanced and realistic.

*Beretta 92F and Glock 17 models replaced with SJB models (sounds and optics unchanged)

*BMP from ORCS

*Cessna from floatplane pack (red one [but not sileasns, cuz his turns black at a certial low range])

Improvments/Additions:

*Motorcycle will feature a phantom cargo proxy to keep mission compatibility

*East & West tanks will now be balanced with armor and weapon changes. the M60 has a lil more armor and an upgraded weapon/ammo config, the T72 and T80 will have the same ORCS gun and ammo (both res and east sides)... however the T55 remains unchanged and still remains to be the rotton old out dated peice of shit it is so takinga t55 into an armor battle is like bringing a rubber mallet to a gun fight.

*3D Craters featured under all APC and Armored vehicles as well as randomly placed under cars, crashed planes, and crashed helos. completly random for the last 3 items but 100% for the tanks and APC's. assuming the tank isnt burning the craters also ofer little, but some, protection from enemy fire.

*In keeping game fairness anti-tank weapons including the AT4, the Satchel Charges, the Mines, but the AT weapons for east and west remain the same.. after testing 1 hit from the AT weapon disables the tank enough the crew bails out.

whoops. i told everyone on msn and aim about it but i forgot to post it here.

yea i already did that. replaced the standard west pilot model with that of the Army Helo Pilot. and added a special class for the AH Pilot to man the AH64 and AH1

Any news on the update? huh.gif

it's being done wink_o.gif .

Funny how Pappy says with every version that "this will be the last update" , he just doesn't realises his job ain't over untill he doesn't care about ofp anymore tounge2.gif

Any news on the update? huh.gif

it's being done  wink_o.gif .

Funny how Pappy says with every version that "this will be the last update" , he just doesn't realises his job ain't over untill he doesn't care about ofp anymore  tounge2.gif

hey.. you know what i always say: false hope is still hope!

i want 7.3 to be the final one... but if i dont get my hands on that damned shilka looks like 7.4 might just be it. banghead.gif

anyway. like i said im still waiting on that shilka. im actualy making a lil progress in getting it.. however i have stated that if i dont get that thing by the end of this month 7.3 is goin out as-is. i will release it. so dont worry. when i became a modder i swore no matter what.. any advertised project i was working on i would release it, finished or not.

until then im just relaxin with some NASCAR... they are in the "playoffs" so to speak and my fav driver is right up there in contension for the win biggrin_o.gif so im focused on that mainly right now.. but dont worry i still got Y2K3 in teh back of my mind and i made a deadline. shilka or no. by the end of this month there will be a 7.3 Patch released for Y2K3!

Nice work Pappy.

Y2K3 is still the best most stable unit replacment mod, love it!!

We all appreciate your work!

7.3 will be shilkaless but in lou of that ive added lasers new helo pilots

Quote[/b] ]here is what is new for 7.3 and the things that testing should focus on:

New:

*T72 (east & res) from ORCS

*T80 (east & res) from ORCS

*M2 (East) changed to the CSLA mounted dshk (same hight as the orginal M2) but the ammo remains KORD ammo in 100 round magazines same as the west M2 to keep things balanced and realistic.

*Beretta 92F and Glock 17 models replaced with SJB models (sounds and optics unchanged)

*BMP from ORCS

*Pilot swaped for Lasers US Army Pilot and attack pilot. (attack pilots are in AH1 and AH64)

Improvments/Additions:

*Motorcycle will feature a phantom cargo proxy to keep mission compatibility

*East & West tanks will now be balanced with armor and weapon changes. the M60 has a new gun and ammo configuration and both the T72 and T80 will have the same ORCS gun and ammo (both res and east sides)... however the T55 remains unchanged and still remains to be the rotton old out dated peice of shit it is so takinga t55 into an armor battle is like bringing a rubber mallet to a gun fight.

*3D Craters featured under all APC and Armored vehicles as well as randomly placed under cars, crashed planes, and crashed helos. completly random for the last 3 items but 100% for the tanks and APC's. assuming the tank isnt burning the craters also ofer little, but some, protection from enemy fire.

*In keeping game fairness anti-tank weapons including the AT4, the Satchel Charges, the Mines, but the AT weapons for east and west remain the same.. after testing 1 hit from the AT weapon disables the tank enough the crew bails out.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! 7.3 REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE 7.2 INSTALLED FIRST!

the release could happen anywhere between 7 days and a week from now

Great mod I have to say.

But I encounterd a couple of problems.

First I got a JAM error about a missig config. But that was easily fixed by replacing it with JAM3.

But when I tried to select the Salvager and try it I got an error about SPP_Crew or something in the likes of that. The same goes for selecting the M2 armed HTTV, but this one about HYK_USsol, the same goes for the HMMWV and Mk19.

Tried to replace it with the one I had (prolly newer) but got the same error.

And then it CTDed when I exited the editor. Add: Just tried enter and exit the editor with every default island with no CTD. Could be random.

Sorry if these may have come up before or not.