bn880

Bn880's Tracers V1.0

Please BN880, can u tell me what may I do exactly to change the size of the tracer to be able to introduce for the vulcan and the shilka ? smile_o.gif

Well, as was said fro mthe start, only one size currently. smile_o.gif One size fits all... wink_o.gif

bn, i looke close at a vid showing tracers IRL (from the gunners point of wiev.

NATO tracers seem to be red/white.. more white towards the center of the bullet (if jou understand how i mean)

now you have it more like red/yellow.

just a little hint ;)

A couple pages back, he said why he used the color scheme he did. Using red tracers made them show up black under night vision.

Yeah, I can take a hint, but can you? tounge_o.gif (anyway thanks)

Bn800, I know how you could make your tracers use different sizes. It would be a nice feature to have, and if you don't add it, can I? Please? tounge_o.gif

I know as well how to do that, just have not done it. And no I don't think it's wise to let you implement that publically, it's a lot of work and a total branch off.

Is there any MP issues in version 1.22 or does it work like a charm in multiplayer?

Works like a charm as far as I can tell. smile_o.gif Just had one of those 6h coops and they worked great till the end.

Works like a charm as far as I can tell. smile_o.gif  Just had one of those 6h coops and they worked great till the end.

Nice to hear that biggrin_o.gif

I'm asking for some help on this. In this addon there are 3 textures related to the "west" tracer. They are red.paa redf.paa and redb.paa.

They are in reality yellow (this was bn880's choice and he gave reasons for it earlier in this thread). Regardless, I'd like to have my tracers red. I;ve successfully created red textures for red.paa and redf.paa. However redb.paa is a circular shape with the outside of the circle is supposed to be transparent. I have no idea how to do this. I don't have any texture editing utlities other than paint. I can't pay $600 for adobe photoshop. Could anyone make me a red ball texture? The texture is only 32 by 32 and I just want it fire engine red in the middle (like it currently is, but except not yellow).

Can anyone help me out or tell me how to make a transparent texture with paint or some other free texture editing program? Thanks guys.

Sanctuary was nice enough to help me out. THANKS AGAIN!!!!

If anyone wants me to host this, let me know, I can do so if there is an interes or I can just email it to a couple people if they want to PM me. Its no big deal, just red tracer instead of yellow.

hello.

i am farly new to ofp and just starting to play with mods, and addons. will someone please give me step by step newbie instructions on how to use this tracer effects?

im not sure how to add scripts and cant seem to find the units in the game to add the line too.

thank you

dling the total conversion now. ty.

question: if i install your conversion, will i be able to see the tracers using mission editor making my own missions and using other addons?

BN tracers version 1.23 released

This version includes mostly small improvements and bug fixes.

V1.23 Changelog:

21/06/2005

Fixed ricochet floating down from barrel in burst fire at very close range targets. (thanks to Terox of Zeus for bug report)

Improved mission editor's ability to override settings bn_trcolor[side] and bn_trrhit.

Added visible tracer functionality in intros and outtros. (thanks to Killswitch of Zeus for pointing this out)

This release will not add any CPU, Network, or Graphical load over version 1.22.

First page has updated DL link.

***People who have a mod using the tracers, the only files that changed were server.sqs, tracerSettings.cfg(in pbo), tracerKill.sqs, and config.cpp(only patch version updated there.)

Additionally the PBO contains uncompressed files, that should aid CPU loads even more. Maybe.

Quote[/b] ]Fixed ricochet floating down from barrel in burst fire at very close range targets. (thanks to Terox of Zeus for bug report)

Well done , that was the most important thing to get fixed. wink_o.gif

Indeed, yet I only became aware of the problem a few days ago. over four months after 1.22 release. smile_o.gif

Amazing addon,

However, a lot of pre-existing addons like JAM etc. have tracers that sort of ruin the effect of the BN880 tracers.

Does anyone know how you replace the original "straight line" tracers with BN880's without having to download a total conversion mod?

Grim,

As I see it you have 3 choices:

1) Use a total conversion mod that uses these tracers.

2) Modify your own config to use these tracers (95% of that information is contained within this topic - but you'll have to read the whole thing).

3) Modify your missions and add the proper initialization to each soldier you want to have the effect. Remember to disable tracers in your options (difficulty) menu otherwise the default tracers will show up along with these tracers.

Grim,

As I see it you have 3 choices:

1) Use a total conversion mod that uses these tracers.

2) Modify your own config to use these tracers (95% of that information is contained within this topic - but you'll have to read the whole thing).

3)  Modify your missions and add the proper initialization to each soldier you want to have the effect. Remember to disable tracers in your options (difficulty) menu otherwise the default tracers will show up along with these tracers.

Thanks alot, I didn't even know that I could turn them off in the difficulty settings thumbs-up.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gif I didnt know that either... that is great news though! yay.gif

I have many missions in which I want to use certain weapons that have the very bright tracers.. huh.gif But it looks strange with this script working aswell!

Version 1.24 of the tracers is released. See first page of this thread.

V1.24 Changelog:

04/07/2005

Fixed ricochet sometimes causing damage to firing unit who has very large recoil. (Modded weapons)

For mission makers; the cfgPatches has not been updated, you do not need to re-edit the mission to get rid of any missing addon messages, that is if you already updated the mission to 1.23.

For mod makers, the usual, you can get rid of the cfgPatches or preload the addon.

Changed files are tracerkill.sqs and config.cpp.