Sign in to follow this  
zayfod

ECP 1.075...The countdown begins.

Opening thread has been updated again. wink_o.gif

Zay

O.K.!  You guys are leading us on!!  Adding a piece of info here *points left*, a movie there *points right*... It's just plain CRUEL!!! mad_o.gif

(To be fair, it's the type of cruelty like a babe in black leather and a whip standing on your back in 4" spikes)

*cough* uhh.  ^ I didn't say that^ crazy_o.gif

And now this thing about 'bitch'n AI'?  How much more can we take?!?!! (best Jim Carey imitation)

Seriously though, could you give a hint as to the additional load on the system from your prevoius release? Just want to know if I should go for the Athlon 64 3200, or shell out double the cash for the FX-53?  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks, pins and needles!

All beta testers to date have reported considerably less load than previous ECP versions. wink_o.gif More details on our performance enhancements will be forth coming, very soon.

Zay

Zayfod you will be my hero if you say in a few days updated again with "carrying wounded/dead teammates possible" wink_o.gif

Zayfod will be my hero if he stops teasing us b4 new years!! tounge_o.gif

can just imagine zay sitting at home on his computer....My precious....i don't want to share mad_o.gif

come on, give it up tounge_o.gif

Lol,

I dont even have the DEV. Its in the hands of other Team members atm. tounge_o.gif

Zayfod and all the other ECP-guys became my heroes the moment I tried out ECP for the first time  wink_o.gif

I'm gratefull you're improving on something that is already great smile_o.gif

Am I to understand from the video that ECP will have delayed fuse grenades? And from the graphic of the church that you've tweaked OFP's default lights so that things look more realistically-shaded, now?

Am I to understand from the video that ECP will have delayed fuse grenades?

The older version already does. Liberation 41-45 has released bouncing and timed custom grenades...

In the current available ECP you can actually choose whether to have timed grenades or "explosion simulation", where objects, walls etc will shelter you from grenades. I love this feature and hope it's still there as an option biggrin_o.gif

One little question - have the bullet hit effects been updated? Considering that OFP can play different sounds for different things being hit (ground, vehicle, building/object), is there a possiblity that we could have sparks, dust, or dirt being thrown up by bullets according to what they hit?

Anyway, that's just a small cosmetic thing, and I'm really glad that the core features of AI have been addressed.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Whoa there Uzi, I'm talking about version 1.071, the version that's been out for ages, when I say the "current" version. biggrin_o.gif

No, in 1.071 it's an either/or choice - I guess to keep the scripting overhead down. We'll have to see what 1.075 brings wow_o.gif

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Looks nice....STOP TORTURING ME mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

cant wait for it to be released smile_o.gif

You can't have timed grenades WITH explosion simulation?

In current version, explosion simulation has a timed grenade included, the alternate option for timed grenade is for ppl not wanting to use the more cpu demanding explo-sim but still wanting to have a timed grenade (hence the either "explo sim" or "timed grenade"), as far as i remember..

@ Dec. 31 2004,02:52)]
You can't have timed grenades WITH explosion simulation?

In current version, explosion simulation has a timed grenade included, the alternate option for timed grenade is for ppl not wanting to use the more cpu demanding explo-sim but still wanting to have a timed grenade (hence the either "explo sim" or "timed grenade"), as far as i remember..

Yup. While I some times have been running like a headless chicken with 10-12 fps, that explo-sim has saved my life more than I care to count biggrin_o.gif

P-IV 3, 2GB, gf6800gt.

1280x1024, 1500m, normal terr, ECP all on.

Usually holds steady at 25-35fps, except on Newland where it's terrible at times sad_o.gif

I know its my CPU holding it down  sad_o.gif

Running noAA or 8xS AA does'nt make a difference. Same with shadows on and off which is also graphicscard dependant.

P-IV 3, 2GB, gf6800gt.

Usually holds steady at 25-35fps, except on Newland where it's terrible at times sad_o.gif

Running noAA or 8xS AA does'nt make a difference. Same with shadows on and off which is also graphicscard dependant.

You know, I have an Intel 2600 MHZ, 6800-ultra OC, and 256 ram, I use these settings - 800*600, 1000m, low terrain. Try that. Maybe run in 1024-768 instead....

Maybe run in 1024-768 instead....

But then again the text is very blurry in that resolution.

Maybe run in 1024-768 instead....

But then again the text is very blurry in that resolution.

My lcd is 1280x1024 so everything becomes a little blurry.

P-IV 3, 2GB, gf6800gt.

You've got twice as much RAM and a better graphics card than I do, so what will it be like for me? sad_o.gif