Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

But an't variety the spice of OFP? smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I mean choice is what makes OFP great!

Or not... tounge_o.gif

choice is what makes OFP great.....

unless you like custom missions wink_o.gif

lets just say you download these helos (as i have) and you go ahead and make a mission based on the movie Firebirds with this AH64. then next week kyle releases his. which judging by the scripts (realistic hellfires) im willing to bet more people will download (please i mean no disrespect to the maker of this pack.. hence my suggestion he team up with kyle). now you have this 8 meg AH64 pack... but you find the other one to be much better by comparison... but you are "stuck" with this pack due to you have a mission that uses this one instead of the new one.

now same could be said in vice versa. you would be stuck with that one dispite this one being better.

so its my opinon that marco and kyle making the same AH64 pack as a team would make the best possible AH64 pack this game has ever seen

a Great Flashpoint Modder once said:

"anything you can do i can do better. but together we can make it the best."

Teaming up sounds like a grand plan to me. I downloaded this apache awhile ago and thought it was pretty good except for the way too high pitched rotor noise. I liked a lot of the features and little details. The startup checklist is pretty fun. But yeah... the warning klaxons need to be in chopper only.

Great work Marco! Hopefully you and KS can get together and make some magic.

The problem is, which KS its attention more to features animated as for example tail wing etc. put. Or the armament of its Apaches over hiddenSelections and SetObjectTexture regulates. This may function in the SP mode, but in the MP mode to bad Laggy would surely lead.

I direct my special attention toward the MP mode.

BAS heloss over animated things on it and arent laggy in mp.

and i havnt heard any complaints from footmunchs F16 pack or hawks Ka50 pack in terms of mp lag

@Pappy Boyington

they haven´t so much Poly´s as an AH-64 Weapons,

16 hellfire, 4 FFARLauncher .4tupe Stingerlauncher and AIM 9 Sidewider .

All Weapons as Sections in the Model, and then as hiddenSelections in the config.cpp + the scripts for settexture = Lagg in MP

LOD 0.500 = ~ 6200 polys (too much)

Well it doesn't mean you two can still work together. Perhaps you can concentrate on making a more multiplayer friendly KS AH64? Just wondering.

Eh, think should continue with his own work, he got this far on his own, two, the other pack already see the MP issues he's talking about, I don't really see much coop ability going on seeing how faar the other mod is already. He even requested the old AH64 crews I had started years ago. Guess should slide em over to this mod as well.

New Screens

Bild1.jpg

Bild3.jpg

new features:

3 AH-64 Models: AH-64A, AH-64D and AH-64D Longbow

3 Camos: OD Desert and Black

9 Nations: US, UK, NL, Greece, UAE, Singapure, Egypt, Suadia Arabia and Israel

new Wracks  

TailFin animation

new textures

modifies for multiplayerperformence

your israeli one is wrong.

it should have the big huge ass yellow "V" on the sides. not jsut an roundel

My God! is this like the 3rd Apache addon being made simulataneously? Theres one kyle is making and one i see by Franze on ofp.cz.

I think i'll wait and see which is better and then d/ld , because i hate over killing my addons folder which duplicate addons.

My God! is this like the 3rd Apache addon being made simulataneously? Theres one kyle is making and one i see by Franze on ofp.cz.

I think i'll wait and see which is better and then d/ld , because i hate over killing my addons folder which duplicate addons.

eh, this here is the first one. franze's and kyle's popped up a week or so later wink_o.gif

eh, this here is the first one. franze's and kyle's popped up a week or so later  wink_o.gif

Well one way or the other there are 3 being made and i never said that he was last or something and neither does that matter wink_o.gif

I just want a good addon , maybe all three guys can co-operate?

eh, this here is the first one. franze's and kyle's popped up a week or so later wink_o.gif

Well one way or the other there are 3 being made and i never said that he was last or something and neither does that matter wink_o.gif

yes, a cooperation between them would be the best imho... without cooperation we will have three different packs and i can already smell that there will be one with good scripts, one with good models and one with gooed textures wink_o.gifsad_o.gif

eh, this here is the first one. franze's and kyle's popped up a week or so later  wink_o.gif

Well one way or the other there are 3 being made and i never said that he was last or something and neither does that matter  wink_o.gif

yes, a cooperation between them would be the best imho... without cooperation we will have three different packs and i can already smell that there will be one with good scripts, one with good models and one with gooed textures  wink_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Exactly crazy_o.gif

Thats fate.

Interesting,I like the symbols you can add and so on,the sensor on the top of the TADS is great too,though I never really seen one in real life with one like that,the only other apache I have seen like that is BOH japanese longbow.

Anyone helping wouldn't be an issue,but if you wish to continue your own pack then oh well,I'm still going to be watching it,good luck.

That looks very good, I'll buy it... lol.

Good job Marco.

Regards.

@CERO.

Been experiancing ctd using nagova, with sigma6's T80s and 90s vs the SEP M1A2,, a fairly large scale tank battle. Which was fine then I added the choppers dmodel multi. Just as we arrived on station and were using a hill to mask behind while targeting armor with the masts. Boom CDT.. Repeated this three times and managed to get another CDT..

CDt nuked the mission, when the machine CDTed. Not had time recreating it again, cause of work. Also wanna make sure its not an issue with the new video card. But the machine has been running for the last 24 hours on other heavy action missions.

I also gotta figure how to pull it seen that machine isn't really on the net, its for beta testing.. Check the other five Ah64 threads for information, might find intersting or useful. Its annyoing trying to keep up with all of them.

Was typical Soviet breakthrough mission, using the Nogova map

Three OD green AH64Ds multi-role birds supporting three platoons of M1a2 SEP supported by a combat's tow hmmve section in defence of the airport.

Vs two platoons of Sigma's T90es, company of T80UEs The launch off fromt he big city in formations of a typical assault formation to force the west off into the sea. Rans the mission with a certain _other_ AH64D, about five times to give my report on how they performed. Then switched out yours seeing they are a bit tighter build-wise should be really good in this mission.

Leading two AI wingmen we moved in to support the armor, not in FLASHFX 1.9 mods armor actually engage air threats with the AA MG, fist mission the repellingof enemy armor was sucessful.

Next test run poof CDT just as we touched the edge of the desert to pop up for hellfire launch. Masking behind the large hills near the airport. AA slapped the mission back together again and it ctded again. durring the third run on it,. Kinda not sure seeing the other apachee beta failed to cause that, mostly it didn't use any of the flashFX tweaks and the lods issues but without issues like ctds. Gives me the impression something is fubar if the only change was heli units maybe something is wrong, first gonna rule out everything else.