Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 08 2005,15:46)]scriptupdates are planed, i search  mom for help to modified the scripts

If you are updating the scripts will you consider to have options to disable them by setting global bolean variables FALSE (like CBT's stuff)?

An example would be the rotor dust script, since we are using another one it would be great if we had an option to disable the default one in your pack. The same would apply to any fire script if any?

Below is an example from Combat's latest Bradley pack.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

IV. Scripts

Please read the full document carefully.

1) Main scripts disablement:

If you want to use all COMBAT! addons without scripts, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoScripts = true"

If you want to use Bradleys without scripts, write on a global place:

- "CBT_Brad_NoScripts = true"

If you want to use Bradleys with Raedor's Cargo scripts, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoCargo = false"

To play the CBT addons without smoke and light effects, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoSmoke = true"

To reduce smoke effects in all CBT addons, write this line in global place:

- "CBT_LowSmoke = true"

To play the APCs without the animated Tow Launcher scripts, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoTow = true"

Remember: these settings are global, they affect all CBT addons.

Thanks again!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Just tested these new babies and... WOW!

I put one, myself as pilot, Longbow Close Combat at 2km's range of 5 RHS T-54 groups. 15 T-54's, 5 T-55's = 20 tanks.

Results:

First test:

All ammo used.

Kills:

57x Tank Crew (Russia)

14x T-54

4x T-55A

Second test:

After the battle, 640/1200 30mm ammo and 6 of 16 Hellfires left.

Kills:

60x Tank Crew (Russia)

15x T-54

5x T-55A

Not a single scratch in either battles.

In other words, when correctly used it's propably the most effective chopper in OFP.

Oh, and my tactic. Took each one-by-one, with manual fire, gunner aiming. First, I fire the Hellfires from long, beoynd visual range (+1km). Then, when on top, switch to 30mm. Hover above them, high enough for them not to shoot you but low enough to certainly hit. Aim for the tower, then they come no danger.

Thanks. Once again, bloody hell... crazy_o.gif

You have slow connection, I have 350 kb/s  wink_o.gif

Ok, don't be so smart-a**. tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Tried it now and it flies at 90kB/s. smile_o.gif

Why use this addon period if you wanna remove all the scripting?

Cause it's better than the default AH-64 and adds the D model! I'm not saying that I would remove all scripting but various parts if they interfere with other addons/fx stuff.

As one example I mention the heli dust another is that we in our group use GoldMembers ExploMod for explosion/smoke fx and most times new (heavily scripted) addons with their own explosion/fx effects lags very much (or even don't work at all in MP). Thats why I really like CBT's way of doing things. It gives you nice features BUT you have an option to disable specific parts if they interfere with something you already use.

And since it's easy to implement I see no reason for addon makers not to add this to their stuff since it makes them more compatible in different setups.

Sry for my rambling but I hope I'm clear enough???

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

In other words, when correctly used it's propably the most effective chopper in OFP.

Just like it should be.

Man,those are some damn good lookin Apache's the only thing missing are the less blocky engines and correct M230,but you have made me see the beauty in the BIS apache model again,but I'm still gonna try to retexture Franze's I figure it deserves a second chance,its a shame to let it go to waste.

keep up the good work btw.

Nice choppers!

I havent read the whole thread but can anyone explain in what scenarios the different camo-versions are used?

all in all 360 units and 18 static objects.

is that how many AH-64s there are??? biggrin_o.gif

Very Nice, I was hoping for an AA version with stingers and sidewinders,so that I can finally send these babys up against the AA version of DKM mi- 28. Anyway again great work!!!! biggrin_o.gif

all in all 360 units and 18 static objects.

...and neither apache with AA. sad_o.gif

In encounter Vit Mi-24 vs MPIV AH-64 , Hind always win (almost) crazy_o.gif

nice new options, but it's still a BIS helicopter,why not do a good retexture, and completely remake the cockpit

i still work on the next version

features:

mapper can

disable helidust

disable startup checklist

disable smoke after crash

will add

2 AA variants (8 and 16 AIM 9 Sidewinder) for all nations

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 09 2005,14:00)]will add

AFAIK, you can mount only one Sidewinder (or two Stingers) per pylon so these'd make a total of 4 Sidewinders or 8 Stingers. Add another 2 Sidewinders or 4 Stingers if you're using the wingtip mount,...

... but 8/16 Sidewinders is an overkill. crazy_o.gif

12 stingers sounds great xmas_o.gif nice choppers i'll give 'em a go and even add some in a future coop mission tounge_o.gif

The one thing I would LOVE to see... Lock on after fire for the hellfires.

Ie. Pilot hovers behind a hill.. scout designates and calls for lauch... pilot unmasks from behind hill and fires...

About 4 years agao I was in a Jyväskylä airshow and there was e.g. a Apache (flew from Germany IIRC), Blackhawk, Harrier, F-16 and... KC-135 Stratotanker! I spent nearly half of the show talking to the aircrew of that tanker and one of them gave me a bag full of some Boeing stuff. Anyways, there was this small... booklet, well, which actually is 4 about A4 sized papers, and is just one paper bended. And it was about AH-64 D (Longbow).

Anyways, to the point.

Here's the normal combat loads that it presents for Apache.

(starboard wingtip - starboard wing - cannon - reflect starboard)

Combat mission: 2 ATAM (Stinger?) - 4 Hellfire - 320 rounds 30mm

Multirole: 2 ATAM - 4 Hellfire, 19 FFAR - 1200 rounds

Close support: 2 ATAM - 8 Hellfire - 1200 rounds

Ground Suppression: 2 ATAM - 38 FFAR - 1200 rounds

Marco-Polo-IV @ April 09 2005,14:00)]will add

AFAIK, you can mount only one Sidewinder (or two Stingers) per pylon so these'd make a total of 4 Sidewinders or 8 Stingers. Add another 2 Sidewinders or 4 Stingers if you're using the wingtip mount,...

... but 8/16 Sidewinders is an overkill.  crazy_o.gif

I agree with ag_smith too many is overkill perhaps just add wing tip mounts. Perhaps each version should carry either 4 stingers or 2 sidewinders on the wingtip. ah64-front.gif

I know, but the problem is the OFP Engine thy only allow 1 Proxy per Model, and SetObjectTexture will be laggy in MP-games.

So i must found a way to make it playable in mp-games.

regreetz

Marco

The one thing I would LOVE to see... Lock on after fire for the hellfires.

Ie. Pilot hovers behind a hill.. scout designates and calls for lauch... pilot unmasks from behind hill and fires...

Yeah that would be cool, but damn AI won't stay still in the scout choppers as soon as they detect a target they move in and attack. Perhaps scripting may help. By way of disarming and only using the laser designator and automatically cycling through the targets untill they are all destroyed. Im amazed no one has attempted it yet to fix this flaw *HINT*  wink_o.gif

Overal i think this a great helicopter, certainly the best Apache addon ive come across. Great job! Im very impressed by the gunner optics, and its great you've made skins for all countries that have the Apache.

Way to go!