Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

What problems did you encounter, to gereate lag? Prelaunch or while in flight, had a few issues like that when putting ATA on cobras and Hinds.

they are use no Proxies, Proxies are the prob

OFP allow only one Weaponpoxy, so i musst the model of hellfire integrated in the helimodel. And after fired musst use scripts to delete the rockets, same for reload rockets.

marco

Why not make separate version with Stingers? Besides, I've not noticed any significant incrase in MP lag with aircraft addons equiped with multiple rocket types (ie. Footmunch's planes).

Marco-Polo-IV @ Jan. 16 2005,13:12)]they are use no Proxies, Proxies are the prob

OFP allow only one Weaponpoxy, so i musst the model of hellfire integrated in the helimodel. And after fired musst use scripts to delete the rockets, same for reload rockets.

marco

why would you need a script to delete the stingers? thier tube launced. the tube doesnt nessacaraly have to be empty after being fired

@ag_smith

i work alone on this addon, and i can`t script, then i need help for scripts.

@Pappy Boyington

i need a script to delete Hellfire and load Hellfire

Marco

Not really had that problem either, only taken em MP a few times due to lack of time with the new job. My main annoyance was the AI engagin ground targets with Stingers and AIM9s , and not have anything for airthreats.

the problem is that when you fire an stringer it will remove an hellfire proxy.

I had the same problem on an AH-64D I was working on and desided to scrap it.

besides the stringers are rarely used.

I don't think I have ever seen them in any photos with the launchers on.

@SM_Azazel

but Hellfire Proxy wasn`t removed when fired Hellfire, and you have all Stingerammo.

Proxy removed when more then 4 Hellfires was fired sad_o.gif

Marco

Umm i didnt mean the positioning of the well just the fact thats you can see something from the upper gear hanging above the side tanks or what it is at the sides. Maybee iam just too pendantic, but i thought it looks a liitle bit weird.

Never crashed the bird, I usualy get snipped by one of the RF units with an RPG while I'm trying to get my gunner to enage infantry units. One iminute your locking down to open up on somebody, next your cartwheeling in the air in a ball of flames.

mivah64017cu.th.jpg

mivah64027dl.th.jpg

while betatesting some other stuff I threw a couple of scruadons in to test these, I literly put these birds through things that shouldn't even be mentioned for risk of all the mods would wash my mouth out with soap.

Dispite great efforts was unable to recreate any system crashes with the Ah46 in the desert and other model nore serval of the versions under that.

I was using it on Nogova under Flash FX 1.8, Even went as far as relasing 30 of them to hunt armored convoys with thier altitudes frozen at 10 meters. Lot o lag from burning scripts from downed helos, but no CTD.. (some of them cheated anyway and climbed to higher alts AI are not as dumb as ya think.) Need to use the Blackhawks engine sounds, its simular enough to the AH64 to work better. The Cannon is kinda wrong still. Altitude clearance warning works after you buried the bird about five feet into the earth. There is a nag script to make it work proporly instead of it being your crash sound before the firey explosion.

chain gun animation tends to hang up when swiveld to the right side, then after the gunner rleases the trigger the cannon snaps into the postion it should have been. should use the cannon sound from the M2A2, seeing its roughly the same cannon desing just different rounds chambered. both are chain cannons. They have a slower rate of fire than normal auto cannons, and vulcan guns.

Gun is too shiney needs to be subduded. A First Sargeant saw your gun that polished you get kicked so hard in the rear end you taste nothing but leather for a month. Not to mention the ragging about having a polished gun from the reast of the squadron.

Everything must have a flat nonreflective finish on the military equipment. should link in the flir ball to the gun pivot animation, its part of the IHADS system literly a update to the fire control system that was implimented into the Cobra.

the helmet is uplinked to the gunners eyesight and follows his poistion of view, where he looks they gun points, At least its not fired with the chin trigger anymore, back down on the cyclic. Too many wingman shot down by yawning cobra gunners. Both AH1 and Ah64 still claim lots of flight crews getting skulled by a swinging cannon barrel to the forhead. Both flight crews have the same controls at both stations. Both can fly the aircraft both can gun and run. The early model A Ah64 had a defect that often caused death durring crashes due to the pilots hitting their heads on the cyclic causing severe fatal trauma was replaced with a breakway that shears on impact, making crashes more survivable.

Ah64 are supseptable to small arms fire, dozens of automatic rifles trained on a single chopper its gonna hit something important like the fuelcells or transmissions and bring it down.

The designed it to eat 20mm cannon rounds and able to limp back, but like the 1st Cav learned a bunch of farmers with rifles can drop you like a brick. Its armored with kevlar inserts in the vital areas, this can be achived in the cpp, and setting the selections in O2.

Flight model, is very good, has the right weight and feel including axis points on the bird, Desert version needed textures completed, the top half of the fuselage was still grey as well as the flir unit, being completely unfinished. Missile racks were also quite nakid, but textureing is a total bitch I know, just incase you didn't know that was missing the skins. At first I disliked the scheme, it grew on me over time. But it should still be the desert tan like all of combats desert units are painted, we use the same paint for everything in the military.. Uusally we just don't wash them all the spilled oil on the fuselage collects sand dust and the chopper gets natral cammo. Kinda everytime they take off or land they kick up so much dust with the rotorwash it covers the black paint over completely. The sand there is very fine like talc, it gets into your pours, I got gear from the first gulf war that can still shake sand out of and Its been washed who know how many times. Its pretty much how cammo is dealt with on most of those birds these days. Most of the choppers came out of combat stores in Germany for the loaded into large transport aircraft and offloaded in Saudi and Kulwait and painted in the nonreflective antiradar nuke biochemical paint they are using (lowgrade-Stealth) paint. Then ferried to waiting units on the lines. Quicker than trying to ship equipment from stateside. It take months by ship, and usualy its trashed by transit.

Was one model with dual pylons, outer rack was empty, in both flavors .

I wouldn't freak trying to add stinger and AIM9s to them, due to the AI is not gonna be picky with em and shoot what ever he's got. It s a bit of a hastle to fix them so they only engage propor targets with propor weapons even that still think its not 100% gaurenteed. See Dsl's A10 or some of Footmunch's planes. on how it was done, but might be a plane only class issue.

The Warning alarm is playing outside for everyone in the grid to hear as well should be set to only play in the cockipt, which I believe can be done in the cpp. Noticed that running BAS Rangers, in ground ops when they flew in once I got the AI to run the correct flight runs against enemy armor, they tend to ignore things like BTR80s and BTR80As that chew into them with HMGs. I move the ranger in to rescue surviving aircrews that manage to not rush idling APCs and Armor after being downed. I got them hugging the ground so close usually a crash is nonsurvival. But under FlashFX a mechanical failure can often bring a bird down damaged but intact. Unless you have a engine fire then your screwed they craft will explode if not repaired or landed and shut down quickly. Maybe should be implimented into a regualr part of this addon, but it seems to work flawlessly with it and should have no issues with the mods based off the code.

Cool thanks to this, found the proxy issue that plagues one of CBT's HUMVEEs. I did however get a CTD with exiting one of Combat's humvees, but that was a known issue that seems only on my hardwear.

Gives a decent area to really give a beta a hammering to find its issues. All in ALL it held up very well. dispite I tried to tear the main rotors off a few times.

Crash models, suggestions, cram the landing gear up through the sponson boxes, its designed to fold up like that to absorbe the impact, kinda weired if you slam into a treet the hull ends up riddled with bullet holes. The holes should have the color of the bare hull without the paint surrounding it, the holes should be a bit more jagged. Cherry juice streaks from the areas behind the cockpit, its easy to strike a hydrolic line or the gear box or drive line componant, usually under very high pressure, even if the AH64 can fly with both transmissions dry for a few minutes.

The lexan windows often hold in place but lose a huge chunk aften big enough a part of your body can stick out of it. There supposed to be a partition between the pilot and gunners station so if the gunner its powned the pilot won't get hit with skull splinters of his ex gunner. Thats been missing in the BIS chopper didn't see it added in this one.

The crash versions should also have seating proxies, so layer models can be put in the postions for making rescue ops.

Just remeber to not put the ability of flight in it, or have flying crash sites. The Marster power circut often breaks durring crashes so the eletrical is offline incase of a fuel spill. Not like any of the weapons not be hammered in a belly crash-landing to begin with. The cannon is desinged to sheer on impact so it doesn't harm the gunner or pilot. The wings break away as well to get the oridinace away from the wreakage. Rather funny seeing the AI do the GI JOE from the AH64, but not like you can autorotate well enough to crash land her. Maybe cosidering eject setting disabled to be more realistic? I autorotated her down twice to watch the gunner who bailed bounce on the desert floor. Just lucky enough to low and slow enough to pull it off. Usualy let trees catch me over wooded areas.

Theres hopefully some decent feed back for this project in the future, who knows but nothing is buggy enough to create the CTD, Might wanna make sure all the texture sizes are square numbers, that would cause an issue like that also. I didn't break open the pbo to do any heavy detailed looking over cause I couldn't create a crash in game after about three hours of hard useage. If I couldn't break it out doing loops and tail drop turns and high speed impact landscaping its not gonna happen.

Here's something that you might find helpful:

AH-64A remake by Hawk

Basically, it's BIS Apache with rearm script. When you're close to ammo truck, it let's you select the weapon loadout. It also has Stingers on the wingtips.

For everybody, I'd recomend visiting this page. Even though it's all Polish, you can find a few interesting download links there... wink_o.gif

eh what you talking aboot? the flight model on these sucks.

they fly like bricks take for ever to slow into an turn.

the real apache can do an barrel roll spin and turn stop in only an few meters.

these are like trying to drive an 1960's cady in tokyo.

and it is way wya wya to fast the max speed is like 200km/hr in real life these thing can reach 400+

Difficult to loop helos due to the engine limitations, Only birds I can loop easilly are the BAS little birds, they go skids up in the first crosswind when your coming in on a LZ. and the AWM 500Ds Just often can't get out of it fast enough before the ground comes up. I was able to loop this apache, but it took a great effort, did think its cool you can at least bank her sideways. Using a joystick, yeah knew its was kinda fast for a Apache, but usual flying with a squadron of mixed player and AI, sudden movements could result in sudden death. Everything goes great, then the dreaded, "WHERE ARE YOU?" followed by the flaming fall to the earth after one of the bots gives a love tap.

Sorry, which I announce myself now only again, but I had problems with my PC, controller and 2 HDD the spirit gave up. Unfortunately there by release of the version 1.1 retards.

so i lost all modified data for the AH-Pack sad_o.gif

Marco

Marco-Polo-IV @ Jan. 25 2005,19:46)]Sorry, which I announce myself now only again, but I had problems with my PC, controller and 2 HDD the spirit gave up. Unfortunately there by release of the version 1.1 retards.

so i lost all modified data for the AH-Pack sad_o.gif

Marco

In ten minutes I will be waking up and see this all nev.. nev..er..happened...

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>^@ţ¤ľ$*(!!!!!</span>

Will you make another attempt at doing everything again? sad_o.gif

why not team up with... umm... that other guy (i forgot his name) and help him with his AH64 pack. and make the ultimate pack together? smile_o.gif

You mean Kyle Sarnik (Big Dawg KS).... smile_o.gif

yea that guy!

i think this would be the best course of action.

one: cuz it would surely make the most perfect AH64 pack

and

two: cuz it would prevent multipul addons of the same type coming out at the same time. lately ive noticed a surge in duplicate addons. one person makes a gun.. twelve more make a "better" gun. one person makes a tank and four more make a better one of the kind. i mean why make us choose which addon to download.. "yours or his" when you can work together and make the perfect combination of both and we wouldnt have differnt ones smile_o.gif

Yes Pappy has a good point here.

Competition makes better addons, but adding qualities too.

But an't variety the spice of OFP? smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I mean choice is what makes OFP great!

Or not... tounge_o.gif