Sign in to follow this  
marco-polo-iv

AH-64 Pack Release

Damn, no WAH-64D (British Army Air Corps version) sad_o.gif Can I request one (with Starstreaks) biggrin_o.gif?

Nice work though. Finally some standalone AH-64Ds so I don't have to run BoH mod all the time... not that that's a bad thing.

I was thinking the same thing, would really like an WAH-64D. Question, other then the engines on the WAH-64, what are other differences between the American and British version???

Avionics mainly, there are sensors by the engine cowlings that don't seem to be on the American versions. I think the left cheek fairing is higher towards the back because of the different equipment in there too. Ours also carry Starstreak HVMs on the wingtips for self-defence instead of Stingers.

we also have different rocket pods aswell

WAH-64D specs

Marco-Polo-IV @ Jan. 09 2005,22:40)]shadows will be fixed in version 1.1 and added AA weapons

Marco

Fantastic!

Big thx for that great addon!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Marco-Polo-IV @ Jan. 09 2005,21:54)]@para-trooper

THX for info, can you give info for camo?

Marco

They're just dark Olive Drab, with a small RAF roundel on the tail-boom.

This photos shows the sceme fairly well, the roundel is the blue and red circle:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/644576/L/

Plenty of Photos here if you need more references:

http://www.airliners.net/search....ry=true

Parvus

Quote[/b] ]tried - but didn't found them; they was here in addons&mod completed

look for " Fighter's Pilots or RZNpilots

P.S. i f u dont suceed ... ill upload them on my ftp

update: => for stanley

Thank you very much!

BTW, choppers are rather nice, but the outer texture could be more high-res. And, yes, - the damage reflections on that texture - its real crap (for example, look on the helos appearance after few shots from Beretta pistol).

Hi, I love the feauture and the scripts that it uses but I think the textures need more work... Mainly the lighting on the longbow radar on the top of the rotor blades. And also the green texture just looks like the default BIS ah-64 textures... Which really do it no justice. The desert textures are ok, but they would look better if they were alot more sharp and clear.... Also the US ARMY to my knowledge didn't have desert camo AH-64's, for the most part they were all a dark olive or black color. Great addon though. smile_o.gif

Agreed. The textures could be shaper, and more detailed. The launch rails for the Hellfires could be modled better. And the desert textures are completely fictional.

baz is correct the US army does not have desert camo apache's

they only use OD and black.

that should be changed in this add on change the desert to Black to reflect the real thing.

well I welcome the desert version... it's a nice addition but it needs some texture sharpening and the weapon pylons should be desert camo as well. I guess one solution would be to work on the desert and green version.... Possibly change the green version to a dark olive drab color and sharpen the textures add the various eye candy that we all love and then maybe add a Black version... For more realistic use in "historical" operations rather than using a desert cammo AH-64. I could see the desert cammo AH-64 use for pilot training as a OPFOR helo for training pilots for air to air combat. So my solution is to scrap the BIS textures, make more darker Olive drab texture, sharpen the desert textures more and add the desert cammo to the pylons of the aircraft. And add a black variant for use in a desert and / or night ops. But really I love this addon i'm glad somebody has finally stepped up to make an AH-64 stand alone pack.

noone noticed the fact that if the black version is shot up it turns green?

doesnt matter. didnt stop me from replacing the default AH64 with it smile_o.gif

Sweet. I've waited a long time for a standalone AH-64D.

Looking sweet, but like the others say; there is no desert Apaches. They are all Olive Drab or Black. Olive Drab looks like black with the correct light-setting.

Need to check out these babies tonight smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Combat -- 320 Rounds 30 mm of Chaingun +8 Hellfire static

What does this mean?

An Apache does'nt fly on an empty stomach tounge_o.gif

Never heard they loaded up anything else than a full 1200 rounds. What is "Hellfire static"?

you mean there's a black version incuded in the pack? Damn I must have missed it lol now I feel really stupid tounge_o.gif

What the hell,where's that detailed black version wich I saw on those pics??I tested all of them and couldn't find a black version only the ones with the old BIS textures and the desert ones.

there isn't a black version...Yet that shot was edited in photoshop and the OFP brightness and gama correction in-game was changed so it would look like the helo is black.

Just a tip: you could have used excellent Silesian's textures on the OD version. The desert camo is a nice eye candy and I want it to stay, but the black version would come in useful too (remember that there's no desert camo-ed pavehawk? even though BAS released such a version and it looks nice. same goes for this heli).

The Longbow radar looks little bit out of proportions (maybe...).

Also, scripted countermeasures would be nice.

I saw no black AH-64 too, so i assume it is the screenshot editing that gave the impression.

Helifreak black coloring of Silesian textures was great.

And the black AH-64 that can be found in the BOH mod is awesome (it is so great that i use it very often for my private replacement mods).

I hope to see an update of this pack with a black camo, as the AH-64 looks really better in black than in this old BIS color

remember that there's no desert camo-ed pavehawk? even though BAS released such a version and it looks nice. same goes for this heli

Actually there is (was)

A desert scheme was used on the HH-60G Pavehawk during Operation Desert Strom, details of which can be found on the BAS HH-60G Project Page.

OT: Nice Apache, still needs some work as pointed out, but an excellent start point.

I saw no black AH-64 too, so i assume it is the screenshot editing that gave the impression.

Helifreak black coloring of Silesian textures was great.

And the black AH-64 that can be found in the BOH mod is awesome (it is so great that i use it very often for my private replacement mods).

I hope to see an update of this pack with a black camo, as the AH-64 looks really better in black than in this old BIS color

Yup,I totally agree,that AH-64 by Helifreak(always use this in my missions)looks great and if this pack will be updated to look like that(or even better smile_o.gif ) it will be perfect.