Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

Age of Empires 3

Well I doubt there will be Swiss as their own civilisation but there could be Swiss mercs smile_o.gif hopefully. This would be realistic because there were many Swiss Mercs in the Armies around 15th to 18th century. And whoever made the commend that Swiss avoiding war. Swiss neutrality was first recognized in 1815. So before the Swiss were not neutral officially.

I know about the Swiss mercenaries in the past and their deadly tactics against cavalry, but I can't come up with a single major conflict they fought in as a nation. Would still be great if the developers let the player hire them as mercenaries! That would be pretty cool. wink_o.gif

Edit:

I just read the information on your link iNeo and I'm really glad to see that Prussia defenately will be in! biggrin_o.gif

Look at that flag!

That means there willl be more then just campaigns in the Americas biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

I just read the information on your link iNeo and I'm really glad to see that Prussia defenately will be in! biggrin_o.gif

Look at that flag!

Yep I kinda searched all known screenshots for a Swedish flag tounge_o.gif That Preussish (or something) flag is on several screenshots smile_o.gif

No doubt, it is a German colonial flag. smile_o.gif

Would be pretty nice to see Sweden in there, too!

BTW, the only flags I could recognize were the Union Jack and the German colonial flag.

From a new post in that thread:

Quote[/b] ]My first impression was that the other 5 European Civs(France, Britian and Spain are given) would include Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, and Germany.

However recent events and photo images seem to have confirmed Russia, Germany, Portugal and Netherlands.....or at least a majority of people believe this.

With that said, my bet is that Denmark will not be in.

Sweden is my pick for sure.......any one play Imperialism II?..... Sweden is in there.

She was an European' naval power 1500-1800 and had colonies in America,Sweden rose to power during the 30 years war and was a European military force until 1815 following the defeat of Napoleon.

Bet on Sweden!The best professional land army in Europe was the "Karoliners" circa 1700's "Great Northern Wars".

sad_o.gif I'd rather have both Russia and Denmark in the game, but what's most important for me is that Sweden's in, just need a confirmation.

It really sucks that they won't come out with more information! sad_o.gif

Only time will tell...

I don't think Japan will fit into the concept of the Game. It was a isolated country back then, not a colonial power. Started to be one before WW2. wink_o.gif

^^none of them are new... wink_o.gif

I doubt you'll be able to control those trains... must be a script controlled feature of the game.

New preview with screenshots etc.:

http://g4mers-zone.sapo.pt/previews.aspx?id=445

5 Videos (if you register sad_o.gif):

http://pc.ptgamers.com/jogo.asp?id_jogo=2428

Screenshots:

http://pc.ptgamers.com/galeria.asp?id_galeria=1028

More screenshots:

http://g4mers-zone.sapo.pt/screenshots.aspx?id=445&type=1

Video 1:

http://g4mers-zone.sapo.pt/download.aspx?file=1090

Video 2:

http://g4mers-zone.sapo.pt/download.aspx?file=1089

Mmmehehehe.

There may be campaign spoilers in the pictures...

After looking a bit. The graphics are kind of a dissapointment if you remember the pictures they showed last winter, and in one of those two videos a guy is fighting with several polar bears and just never dies. Etc. WIP, but still.. It could be some of this is from a preview version of the game and that's why some things are crap.

<span style='color:red'>i like the look of things with this game</span>

Surely looks nice but after playing Rome: Total War I rather have large massive battles. notworthy.gif

I just hope it won't become a painting, and stick with the original game concept. I know a few games that are nice to look at, but when it comes to gameplay... well there isn't any.

I'm sure the game devs have avoided this though, this IS AoE after all! notworthy.gif

I just hope it won't become a painting, and stick with the original game concept. I know a few games that are nice to look at, but when it comes to gameplay... well there isn't any.

I'm sure the game devs have avoided this though, this IS AoE after all! notworthy.gif

The preview says As you would expect, Age of Empires III features many new innovations but the core gameplay remains remarkably familiar.

http://www.ageofempires3.com/

Regarding the demo, there are things I like about this game, and some things I don't like.

Pros:

*Wounded units either collapse to the ground or limp away to walk. A nice detail. smile_o.gif

*Graphics arent as nice as the pictures, but are still very nice. The water is beautiful.  thumbs-up.gif

*Ragdoll destructions! wow_o.gif

*Units attack buildings with torches. At lot more reasonable than shooting at them.

Cons:

*There seem to be a lack of units to fill in the ages. I became a little disturbed when I found out you could have archers in the 1900's.  crazy_o.gif  I just hope they don't pull a Empire Earth 2 and have Industrial age generals in full plate armor. It seems like you can't upgrade them. I was stuck with musketeers until the last age.  huh.gif

*Im not a real big fan of the RPG factor of gameplay. I liked the old way better.

Might just be a demo bug or feature to prevent everyone from having everything in the demo.

I know a few games that died because the demo was just as good as the whole game (Ground Control 2, RIP)

So that leaves us with a GFX update and ragdolls considering the scope of history rise of nations and empire earth did.. goodnight.gif

Bah, at least RoN runs on crappy hardware.

Jippi, the demo is out!

Downloading at speeds from up to 21 kbps!

yay.gifcrazy_o.gif

(I paid for 2 mbps, but due to speed upgrades the internet connection is unstabile for the moment)

I just clicked on their site and downloaded at 1000 kbps, took a good 3-4 minutes yay.gif

10 Mbit/sec broadband provided by the second largest isp in Sweden smile_o.gif