Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

CIA Operator Teaser Pack

biggrin_o.gif They are looking cool. biggrin_o.gif

Only thing I don`t like is the woodland camo around theire kneepads. But I`m sure this will be fixed in the final version.

Realy cool, is there any reason for, that this pic`s are taken on cuba? rock.gif

biggrin_o.gif They are looking cool. biggrin_o.gif

Only thing I don`t like is the woodland camo around theire kneepads. But I`m sure this will be fixed in the final version.

Realy cool, is there any reason for, that this pic`s are taken on cuba? rock.gif

nope I selected quickly a map and cuba was on top xmas_o.gif

Cool looking, but I don't like that woodland either.

Cool looking, but I don't like that woodland either.

Final pack I can change it wink_o.gif

thanks man

my next mission will involve these guys

They look great in the pics but I can't use them. sad_o.gif

I have Lsr's weapons and BAS weapon pack but it gives me an error "no entry config Cfg.Weapons ICP_Mk23".I tried even to run ofp only with the teaser and the Bas/Lsr weapons but still the same error.

Anyone with this problem?

"no entry config Cfg.Weapons ICP_Mk23". ICP_Mk23 is from ORCS/laser ranger pack 1 dl link to it is posted on second post of mine well here it is again ORCS/Laser ranger pack 1.00

if you dl and install this it will work wink_o.gif

Laser has 3 or 4 different weapons pack released so far biggrin_o.gif

A,yes,I was using his latest weapon pack so I assumed they will work with it,everything is fine now,thx mate. smile_o.gif

one of the best addons i ever seen. i dont need vbs anymore.

mirror at f*ru

http://www.flashpoint.ru/addons....&id=433

Thanks for those nice words.

Final pack will be the ultimate pack this one is only a beta.

And thanks for the mirror m8 wink_o.gif

I just love to see something new and not another AK, M16 or another delta/ranger wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

The full pack will have PJ's, Special Forces, CIA Operators, Devgru and some other units wink_o.gif

These units are excellent however will future versions get rid of these addon dependencies?  For just two weapons and textures it would be much nicer to have them not be dependent on 3rd party addons, especially when both packs are quite large.  I hope that the final version will at least be only dependent on one other pack if any.  

Also Agent Tony's pants are I assume supposed to be desert fatigues right?  If so they could be tanned a bit more because currently they have a wierd seafoam greenish color that looks odd.  The cammo kneepads..hmm... actually those don't bother me too much.  

I would also encourage you to have some units equipped with AK-47's as well.  You are welcome to use the Romanian/Iraqi AK variant that my mod team released last week.  But what they really need is the Polish variants commonly used in Iraq and Afghanistan by CIA operatives.  They can be distinguished by the odd shaped folding stock.

Here's a good pic of CIA guys in Afghanistan carrying them.

Note also the distintive black and grey jackets worn.  Some SF wear these also.

d_sad01.jpg

d_sad02.jpg

Here's a security consultant in Iraq carrying the same type of AK47:

aas.sized.jpg

Anyways, just some ideas for future updates.  Didn't you have some also with an afghani hat?   I could have sworn I saw some in an old screenshot of yours.  Remo's northern alliance soldiers have that hat.  He's very cool about letting addon makers use his stuff so I'm sure if you ask him he'll let you use that hat model.  

At any rate, overall the quality of these units are quite good.

Edit****

Bug report... In the first person perspective, the RPG proxy is missing. In other words you can't see the RPG or any AT rocket in the first person perspective. Howver it does show up in the 3rd person perspective.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Miles Teg for the info and bug wink_o.gif

Also I noticed some texture mess on the hand parts of the units could anyone confirm this rock.gif

If yes I am sorry for this a fix will be released after New Year wink_o.gif

I loved these units, I have Been waiting for them ever since i first heard about them.

Bug report: the kneepads, and the backs they have around their waist dissapear on distance.

Thanks Miles Teg for the info and bug wink_o.gif

Also I noticed some texture mess on the hand parts of the units could anyone confirm this  rock.gif

If yes I am sorry for this a fix will be released after New Year wink_o.gif

Yeah the watch does some funky stuff on the left hand in the first person perspective especially when you fire a pistol.   Perhaps sticking the watch farther back on the wrist would help.  

Anyhoo...the full pack sounds very very exciting.  I hope however that you will try to make them as independent of 3rd party addons as possible as I'd love to stick these bad boys in multiple mod folders without having to stick the Rangers and BAS packs in there in each and every mod folder I use the CIA guys in, especially in ones where I use newer Laser weapon packs that might cause errors.  

Keep up the awesome work!  I have a lot of missions that I can use these guys in.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg could you edit the model and texture your AK-47 to the polish AK-47 rock.gif

Than I add those to some of the Operators wink_o.gif

I would also encourage you to have some units equipped with AK-47's as well.  You are welcome to use the Romanian/Iraqi AK variant that my mod team released last week.  But what they really need is the Polish variants commonly used in Iraq and Afghanistan by CIA operatives.  They can be distinguished by the odd shaped folding stock.

Well its not so strange folding stock. The same stock is used in some other guns. Anyway this Polish rifle (Tantal) is not AK47 but rather AK74 as it has cal. 5.45.

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka281.html

and short version Onyx

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka283.html

these are Polish versions of AK47 (7.62)

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka230.html

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka231.html

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka232.html

Here is ingame pic of Cristoph Tantal with CIA units. Its not so good, because whole gun should be black

www.flashpoint.pl/om/public_download/cia.gif

Miles Teg could you edit the model and texture your AK-47 to the polish AK-47 rock.gif

Than I add those to some of the Operators wink_o.gif

Yeah I'll see what I can do. I think my mod has some old black AK-47 textures somewhere or I can see about modifying one of the CS conversions out there. That wire folding stock shouldn't be too hard to make.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>