Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

CIA Operator Teaser Pack

I would also encourage you to have some units equipped with AK-47's as well.  You are welcome to use the Romanian/Iraqi AK variant that my mod team released last week.  But what they really need is the Polish variants commonly used in Iraq and Afghanistan by CIA operatives.  They can be distinguished by the odd shaped folding stock.

Well its not so strange folding stock. The same stock is used in some other guns. Anyway this Polish rifle (Tantal) is not AK47 but rather AK74 as it has cal. 5.45.

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka281.html

and short version Onyx

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka283.html

these are Polish versions of AK47 (7.62)

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka230.html

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka231.html

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka232.html

Here is ingame pic of Cristoph Tantal with CIA units. Its not so good, because whole gun should be black

www.flashpoint.pl/om/public_download/cia.gif

I'm fairly certain that the weapon they used is not a 5.45mm Tantal.  Aside from the fact that the CIA AK's lack the muzzle brake/flash suppressor of the Tantal, if yo look closely, they are using AK-47 magazines.  the 5.45mm magazines used in the Tantal and AK-74's are shaped in a slightly different manner.   Its difficult to tell but I don't think they are AKM's either as they don't seem to have the angled muzzle end.

So I am guessing that these weapons are some type of hybrid or are perhaps custom made for American forces by a Polish contractor.   I know for example that the Navy SEALs curiously use the Chinese made NORINCO Ak-47 variants, or at least they did in the past from what I understand.

I've also seen video of some SF units in Iraq using some kind of souped up AK's with optics and things, but I couldn't see them long enough to figure out who the Ak-47s were manufactured by.  I know that the Yugoslavian variants have a good reputation of being a knotch above the Chinese and Russian variants in quality and accuracy.

Its possible that these Polish Ak-47's may be customized to specifications required by the US military such as with higher part tolerances for example in order to increase their accuracy.  Also it would make more sense to use a 7.62x39mm weapon in a country flowing with this type of ammunition. But at the same time it is curious that these weapons don't have muzzle brakes/flash suppressors as generally Ak-47's have a high muzzle climb on full-auto or rapid semi-auto firing. So its possible they aren't customized.

At any rate, if you or anyone else can find out for certain what this weapon is that would be great so I'll know what to call it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Then if its not tantal then this guns are not made in Poland. Sorry but only tantal had this type of stocks. There used to be good chinese web site with all versions of Kalashnikov. As I remember, CIA operative Dave in Mazar e Sharif used this type of gun, but in close look it looked like AK74m or newer russian AK but with this type of folding stock. I ll post you a picture.

Edit

Here are those photos

00575.gif

00576.gif

00577.gif

00578.gif

i just watched east & west and spotted some good looking ak´s with kind of these stocks..i think theyre included in the vdv infantry pack by denorcs.

might be worth a look since it´s always better to take existing addons rather than making everything over and over again...imho

Those AK-47s that the operators are using don't appear to be Polish. I agree that Tantal and Onyks were the only two variants that used that sort of folding stock, but the AK in the pictures look like Romanian AKM-47. Apart from possibly a few German AKMs, Romanian AKs are the only ones besides Polish Tantal/Onyks variants to use that type of folding stock, the thing is parts like that are easy to purchase so it could be any sort of ak fitted with that stock nowadays.

http://www.dalphon.com/messages/4091.html

Here is what the stock looks like, and from the information on the site it was manufactured to fit only stamped reciever AK-47s.

http://code10.kalashnikov.guns.ru/romsemi.jpg

Overview of Romanian variants

Wow!   Tons of great information!  Thanks!  Yeah I actually found the stock.  Its in the Vilas mod.  I just have to email Vilas to see if its cool if I use his wire stock.  I then will put it on one of the AKM's in my mod.  I was wrong before...from the CIA pics, it looks like indeed it is an AKM as you can see the angled barrel end in one pic.  Those are great pictures!

So yeah I guess they are Romanian.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Here's what I cooked up during the past few hours:

CIAak47.jpg

I hope this will work.  It still needs a little work.  I need to add another piece to the attachment point where the folding stock is.  Its based upon Vilas wire stock but its modified a bit.  Now I just gotta go email him and make sure its cool with him that I use his wirestock.  Its a small thing but still...

The muzzle I modified myself so that it looks like an AKM's muzzle. The Ak itself is I believe originally from a CS import a long time ago but is basically the Ak that my mod team uses.  I just changed the textures on the forestock (its the barrel textures actually and it just came out looking nice) while the pistol grip textures I edited to be dark grey and added a few extra details in them by hand.  I also made sure to add the wire stock to the appropriate LOD's.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

^^ what he said  smile_o.gif

little question: if somebody would convert some simple bis missions to use this units .. which opponents would you like to see ?

i´d most likely include psykke´s afghan soviet infantry but im open for suggestions

I'd love to see these guys in action against Remo's Afghan units. A good mission would be these guys being dropped into CATshit's Afghanistan map Ver3 via one of the BAS MH-60 blackhawks or the BAS MH-47 Chinook along with perhaps some motorbikes. smile_o.gif The mission is to then hook up with Northern Alliance forces and conduct some small probes on Taliban defenses and to call in some airstrikes using the BIS Laser designator to have them drop bombs on a Taliban held town and on their bunkers. The problem is that there is no airport on any of the Afghan maps so you'd have to be creative on how to get air support in there. What I would do is have an LGB A-10 named "plane1" on the ground with its fuel set to zero. Also give it a waypoint towards the Taliban positions.

Then with a radio trigger (like alpha) have in it its activation box:

plane1 setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 400]; plane1 setfuel 1;

This will cause the plane to suddenly appear at 400 meters in altitude giving the pilot enough time to start his engines. It will also give him a full tank of fuel. He should then continue on towards his waypoint and search for targets. Hopefully by then you will be lasing your targets with the laser designator.

The LGB A-10 should then go about attacking those targets. Whatever Taliban are left you and the Northern Alliance soldiers can assault.

I actually had a mission like this but unfortunately it was on the the Catshit Afghan map version 2 which is TOTALLY different then version 3. MadAussie is supposed to release a redone and completely improved Afghan 4 map along with another desert map called Iraz, but I'm beginning to think he will never release those.

Personally I like the Afghan Ver. 2 map more cuz it has a big city that looks like Kabul. But that'll just confuse most people who have Version 3. So probably safest to stick with version 3 of Catshit's Afghan map.

An Iraq mission would be cool also but currently we really don't have any good Iraq maps. The alternative would be of coarse to just use the Tonal map which has an excellent desert section (very similar to Iraqi terrain), but also has all that jungle stuff that might be wierd to fly over accidentally during a mission. lol

Other things to give the mission a more CIA type atmosphere would be to report back to a Delta Force camp or to one of the civilian units in black or brown leather jackets acting as a CIA station chief doing an intelligence debriefing at the end of the mission. You could also maybe coordinate Delta Force/Northern Alliance assaults as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looks very nice so far Miles, the perfect addition to Extraction's work smile_o.gif

Sample Mission is now tested (only on my pc though) and ready for release.

If any error messages relating C8X.. or INQ_OICW should pop in just click ok, it shoiuld work as is.  

It´s a conversion of BIS´s CWC Clean Sweep Mission, situated on Zwadars Desert Everon.

ciaops.jpg

Download - 400 kb (right click, save as..)

Required Addons:

Extractions CIA Teaser

Zwadars Desert Everon

Kegetys Editor Addon (not sure if it´s the right one..

BAS Desert Deltas

Psykkes Afghan Soviet Inf.

Going to test this mission now  wink_o.gif

It works with all the addons you listed only a small error message at begin mission but clicking it and it works wink_o.gif

I get a messy config bin error about the ICP mk 23 or a mod special thingy rock.gif

Can someone tell me why this is? or wich versions of bas rangers and laser rangers are in use?

As far as I know I have the latest version of rangers in.

I get a messy config bin error about the ICP mk 23 or a mod special thingy rock.gif

Can someone tell me why this is? or wich versions of bas rangers and laser rangers are in use?

As far as I know I have the latest version of rangers in.

the cia operators require an older version of lasers (or icq´s) weaponpack, just download the one linked in extractions first post.

while editing the config of my etn teaser i noticed that all 3 operators carry BAS_M4MAG as weapons .. figured out that this could be the cause for the model special errors, replaced all weapons with what i like (and have) and it runs fine smile_o.gif

K thnx burns

I already had deleted the mk 23 out last night to play with it...but I was still wondering why it didn`t work properly.

I dont like the bas weapons anyway, I used the ICP AKMS to replace those.

I have some work to do again to give them a nice set of weapons smile_o.gif

I like Laser's SOPMOD M4's the best in his weapon pack, however if there is going to be any 3rd party addon pack dependency, the BAS weapons (which aren't too shabby either) might make more sense becuase:

1. they are JAM compatible,

2.  They are consistent and don't get screwed up in updates, and

3. The BAS Delta/Ranger guys are the units most likely to be used with these CIA guys  because (correct me if I'm wrong) the Laser Rangers only are in woodland cammo and these CIA guys are decked out more for action in the Middle East.  

The BAS Ranger/Delta units are in both woodeland and desert cammo and are the types of units that would likely operate with CIA paramilitary units in special operations in the Middle East.  Plus they did improve their weapons a bit so they look nicer now in the last update.

Extraction, I'm still working on the .cpp for that AKM, but if you just want the model and textures and want to do the .cpp config stuff yourself, let me know and I'll send it to ya.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I dont want to bring me headache with config files m8 plz you finish it and send it to me wink_o.gif

Also I checked your AK-47 riffle that you released and tested it ingame AI only use single fire mode they never use auto fire mode.

I took a look in the config but could not see how to correct that crazy_o.gif

Could you make the Tantal you make for me so that AI use auto fire too rock.gif

Oooh...ok I'll let Calm Terror know about that Iraqi AKM. Perhaps we'll stick both of these together in one addon pack.

But at any rate, I'll check out the semi/auto fire issue. It should be easy to fix.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Here are some more CIA operatives pics as well as their guns. You can see this AK quite well.

CIA Dave Tyson

00581.gif

00582.gif

00583.gif

Fallen CIA operatives John Span and Dave Tyson

00590.gif

Yea they were using RPGs as AT, but its hard to get any picture because camera is constantly shaking. Anyway there are other stuff like cars, quads, radioes and clothes. Later I ll post some pictures of CIA Ops in Afghan clothing and cars etc.