Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

CIA Operator Teaser Pack

i found this pix...

mi-8_cia_afghanistan_001.jpg

it's CIA mi-8 and operatives after mission in afghanistan...

operatives:

operatives

very good work Extraction, maybe make the cap not so yellow, but the rest is near perfect

i like the headset most

very good work Extraction, maybe make the cap not so yellow, but the rest is near perfect

i like the headset most

Headset on picture 2 is changed to a better one headset on picture 1 is staying at it is wink_o.gif

The helmet I check it out if it looks too yellow to me I make it more light brown like a desert helm wink_o.gif

Gedis what stays there on the chopper the letters on the side rock.gif

Gedis what stays there on the chopper the letters on the side rock.gif

Its the helicopters [uS/FAA] civil registration, it says

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">N353MA

yes, this mi-8 is CIA property... i could find camo scheme of it... if you want

good to see youre busy on these dudes again biggrin_o.gif those pics look real cool keep it up

Quote[/b] ]N353MA

Registered to RJ Harroff Business Associates, together with N393MA (another Mi-8 MTV1) and other stuff - Air America's new trading name (amongst many others...)

Rats404

Quote[/b] ]N353MA

Registered to RJ Harroff Business Associates, together with N393MA (another Mi-8 MTV1) and other stuff - Air America's new trading name (amongst many others...)

Rats404

Hmm where did you find that info?

Quote[/b] ]Hmm where did you find that info?

Just creative use of Google, so I'm not expecting the Feds, NSA, SIS, CIA, MIB(!) or anyone else turning up for breakfast this morning...just search on the registration and then the company name in further seaches.

Anyway, going OT so apologies - I like these operators too. Useful for Contractors in Iraq scenarios as well.

Rats404

cia_mi-17_607.jpg

"Ever since the start of the direct US involvement in Afghanistan, the CIA has organized a small air arm, equipped

with at least two An-32 transports and several Mi-8/17 helicopters, acquired from different sources within the

former USSR. This Mi-17 is used, together with several other examples, for transporting CIA-paramilitaries

(but also members of specific other US special services) around Afghanistan, since October 2001."

Yes, google is da best! smile_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

some more stuff on the mi17s

Quote[/b] ]Ghost Wars

by Steve Coll

The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

Ghost Wars

To Amazon

The CIA struggled to maintain its liaison with Ahmed Shah Massoud during 2000. It was difficult and risky for the agency's officers to reach the Panjshir Valley. The only practical way in was through Dushanbe, in Tajikistan. From there the CIA teams usually flew on one of the few rusting, patched-together Mi-17 transport helicopters the Northern Alliance managed to keep in the air. CIA officers alarmed Langley with the cables describing their travel. On one trip the Taliban scrambled Mig-21 jets in an effort to shoot Massoud’s helicopter down. If they had succeeded, they would have discovered American corpses in the wreckage. Even on the best days, the choppers would shake and rattle and the cabin would fill with the smell of fuel. The overland routes to see Massoud were no better: miles and miles of bone-jarring Afghan mountain ruts snaking along sheer cliffsides. When a Near East Division team drove in from Dushanbe one of its vehicles flipped over and a CIA officer seriously dislocated his shoulder.

These reports accumulated in Langley on the desk of the deputy director of operations, Jim Pavitt, who had overall responsibility for the management of CIA espionage. Pavitt was a white-haired, blue-eyed former case officer and station chief who had done most of his cold war-era service in Europe, including tours in East and West Berlin. Like George Tenet, who had appointed him, he was a spy manager with a feel for politics. Pavitt began to ask why CIA officers were taking such huge physical risks. Was it likely that Massoud would help capture or kill bin Laden or were they taking unnecessary chances?

Pavitt’s questions provoked heated replies from officers in the counterterrorist center. The bin Laden unit chief—who had flown in Massoud’s helicopters—and the center’s operations chief, known to his colleagues as Hank, passionately argued that the Panjshir liaison had to continue.

The agency sent out a team of mechanics knowledgeable about Russian helicopters to try to resolve the issue. Massoud’s men took them to their Dushanbe airfield and opened up one of the Mi-17s. The CIA mechanics were stunned: Massoud had managed to install an engine originally made for a Hind attack helicopter in the bay of the Mi-17 transport. It was a mismatched gum-and-baling-wire machine, a flying miracle. The CIA mechanics were so appalled that they did not even want Massoud’s pilots to fire up the helicopter’s rotors. They were afraid the whole thing would come apart at any moment and send shrapnel flying.

At Langley’s counterterrorist center, Cofer Black worried about the safety question but argued that the Agency had to maintain contact with Massoud to prepare for the day when Al Qaeda pulled off a major attack against the United States. Then the White House would change its policies toward the Taliban, and it would need Massoud. Black was not much for understatement. He told his colleagues that the Panjshir mission was really about "preparing the battlefield for World War Three."

Tenet signed off on a compromise: The CIA would secretly buy its own airworthy Mi-17 helicopter, maintain it properly in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and use CIA pilots to fly clandestine teams into the Panjshir.

source

If someone who has the skillz and time work on the chopper would be better cause my time is very limited so I can't work on the chopper right now wink_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

hmm, do you have more info on this chopper than what is in this thread? what's the exact modell?

If someone who has the skillz and time work on the chopper would be better cause my time is very limited so I can't work on the chopper right now wink_o.gif

What chopper? MI-sh?

Guest major gandhi

Mi-8 MTV

Coincident or did afrographX read this topic? smile_o.gif

CIA Mi8/17 on militaryphotos.net

More on topic: The new pics you posted look great, this addon will be a must-have smile_o.gif

Edit: Things cleared up, afrographX indeed read this topic biggrin_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

actually I'm afrographX wink_o.gif

I don't know who in the US army would use SR-47's, but I guess CIA operators would be a good bet...

Nobody.

smile_o.gif

I don't know who in the US army would use SR-47's, but I guess CIA operators would be a good bet...

Nobody.

smile_o.gif

Nobody that anobody knows of at least blues.gif

wink_o.gif

Gordy you make the CIA Mi-8 MTV chopper rock.gif

You think so?

But I gotta warn ya. It's gonna be reasonably low-poly.

up to 10 000 Polies.

It has begun.

begining3fh.th.jpg

I am thinking of using earls weapons or lasers idd BAS weapon pack is outdated.

Also here are some pictures of some of them I wont show you all units cause want to keep em as suprise wink_o.gif

pic1

pic2

pic3

the guys look really great smile_o.gif

can't wait for using them on Afghan island.