Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Mi-26 "Halo" and soviet pilot pack relased

@ Dec. 29 2004,17:41)]But theres no problems with free look from 1-st person and 3-rd person views in 1.96!

If you fly in 1.96 and look around with coolie hat, it autocenter the left/right view.

MfG Lee

Noticed an interesting thing while testing with my joystick.

MI26MEDEVAC02.jpg

The chopper does not "auto take off" from the ground when using the stick(I am using the throttle for up/down).

And landing on all 3 wheels without the need to turn the engine off is also possible.

Very nice!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

@ Dec. 29 2004,17:41)]But theres no problems with free look from 1-st person and 3-rd person views in 1.96!

There is if you use joystick when flying...the hatswitch which "used" to allow you to track with your eye...now slingshots you to centre view...meaning you cant track targets with your hat switch,nor track the ground for landings,like you can in 1.94 and below.As a virtual pilot,this is a primary feature in every flight sim,including flashpoint until 1.95 disabled it.The reason its so import to the game is this...most pilots use a hotas,one hand on the trottle,one hand on the stick...maybe if we had 3 hands the mouse would would be useful,...but I for one ...don't crazy_o.gif

The simplest way to fix this ,if possible,is allow it to run in 1.94 as well as 1.96...IMO

Guest major gandhi

awesome helicopter, the best one so far

biggrin_o.gif

btw what is your next project?

This is absolutely one of the best mods ever. Congrats gentlemen for a great job. One thing I tested out was very interesting. As commander of the helo, I opened the rear doors and exited the craft. I jumped into an empty bmp and drove it into the back of the helo. I told my ai pilot to go to a waypoint. The helo took off WITH ME STILL IN THE DRIVER SEAT OF THE BMP....... SWEET....

I cant wait to try this in multi player to see if I can get a live squad to sit in a bmp, load it up, take off and para out with the squad in the bmp.......

I think this mod will have as big an impact on the game as CoC UA or Wgl's mortar system did.

Question. In the read me it mentions using the "V" key to pick up cargo. I tried it and when I was hovering over the cargo I pressed V but nothing happened. What does it do?

V - is the key to view trought optics (like sniper rifles and etc) by default. You can change key from OFP options.

Fantastic addon! Very well done indeed! smile_o.gif

However i got a problem when i use it. sad_o.gif Whenever i die i don´t get the continue, retry and abort (i forgot all the options so i could be wrong here) on the death screen. I can´t do anything to get back into editing mode in the editor, not even the esc key works, the camera just hovers over my corpse so i have to alt-tab out of the game to shut it down. I´m running version 1.96. Any idea what might be causing this? I´ve had this problem before with the retextured F-14 too so i had to unistal them. Could it be some kind of incompatibility between different addons or a config problem with the addon? Help to sort this out is very much appreciated.

edit: Looks like i was wrong, i dont think the addon has anything to do with my problem. See my post further down the thread.

Bug report;

On the Mi26TM flying crane one of the pilots hovers under the fuselage if your watching it from outside.

think that sliped past you guys then it might be my system hardwear, this happens on custom amiated units in vehicles when I'm missing the RTMs for them..

Your ofp is sick or something. crazy_o.gif

Looks like it sad_o.gif I tried to hunt down the cause of the problem by removing mod by mod, addon by addon until i was left with only original files in the ofp folder but it made no difference. The weird thing is that ive had this problem before and i could fix it by removing some addons like the retextured F-14 that i mentioned before. So therefor i thought this addon was cause of the problem since it was the last one i installed before i got the problem again. Anyways, im doing a clean install of the game now, i hope it solves the problem.

2 questions:

1. when i pick up a bmp with the flying crane, and i start going, the tracks move and dust is kicked up like it is still on the ground driving, also it makes tracks. Is this just mine or is it a bug? (i read about it in readme, but it says 'sometimes')

2. i cannot open the rear cargo ramps unless i press "get in i-26 and ride in back". then it says 'open cargo bay' is this like everyone elses? or is mine f'd up?

2 questions:

1. when i pick up a bmp with the flying crane, and i start going, the tracks move and dust is kicked up like it is still on the ground driving, also it makes tracks. Is this just mine or is it a bug? (i read about it in readme, but it says 'sometimes')

2. i cannot open the rear cargo ramps unless i press "get in i-26 and ride in back". then it says 'open cargo bay' is this like everyone elses? or is mine f'd up?

1) If you read the readme it's tell you that this is noted by the makers and is the result of an engine limitation.

2) You can tell the gunner to do it through his action menu when you command him. Press F2, 6, then 2 I think

1) If you read the readme it's tell you that this is noted by the makers and is the result of an engine limitation.

2) You can tell the gunner to do it through his action menu when you command him. Press F2, 6, then 2 I think

You are absolutely right.

Can someone post a quick tutorial that gets troops to move "incargo". I'm having trouble remembering how to get it to work. It's been a while since i've done a troop transport and parachute sorte' crazy_o.gif

thanks in advance wink_o.gif

write <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">grp=group this; " _x moveincargo NAME" foreach units group this in the commanding units init line and the whole group gets moved into cargo

for parachuting team´s which are not under your command you´ll need to set up a script .. dunno how to

Yep, thats it !

Thanks biggrin_o.gif

thanx for the info guys smile_o.gif

another question, how did hawk use a script like that on his mi26 but no dust or rolling tracks?

Because this isn't any transporting sciripts used in HWK_Mi26. So, he doesn't can lift cargos...

Hmm ... now that i've started to build a mission using this beauty i've got a problem: AI controlled M163 Vulcan's refuse to engage this copper  crazy_o.gif. First i've thought it's maybe my custom ammo for the vulcan but after reverting the hitstrengh back to BIS standards they still don't engage  crazy_o.gif .

AA Soldier's engage like they should   rock.gif

Anybody expierienced the same ?

Hey CCCP,

This is a really nice addon and a great contribution to the OFP community.

Unfortunately I've been making a CTI for the last couple of months and I've modelled most of the cargo scripts, which use the BAS MH47E ropes and settings, around your earlier Mi26 versions with and without the PK.  Now I have to change and pretty much delete these as your new Mi26 comes with it's own sling/cargo scripts suite...DOH!

In doing this though I've found that most of the scripts utilize global varibles to attach/load the cargo such as "cargo_attach".  The problem I'm at least gonna have with this is that if I hvae multiple Mi26s in a CTI such as below:

Mi26_A (OWP_MI26hk) lifts cargo A

Mi26_B (OWP_MI26hk) lifts cargo B

Mi26_C (OWP_MI26hk) lifts cargo C

and all the Mi26s use "control_cargo_out.sqs"...

Therefore when Mi26_A lifts cargo A, Mi26_B and Mi26_C will not require the action to make "cargo_attach"  = true, they will automatically lift any cargo within the class limits you specify.  

Conversely, if Mi26_A is lifting cargo A and so on for Mi26_B and Mi26_C with their respective cargos

THEN

Mi26_A decides to Unattach his cargo...

Mi26_B and Mi26_C cargos will also Unattach spontanouesly due to "cargo_attach" = false.

Now I may be wrong about all this or they may be a work-around I don't know about, as I only started learning OFP scripting 10 months ago and cannot test this as each chopper requires a player in it for the "control_cargo_out.sqs" to run, but if their isn't...is it possible that you could update these scripts so that:

1) They can all be disabled by a globalVariable therefore I can copy the individual scripts to the map PBO and have control over the features that you've incorporated

i.e. give each Mi26 created in the CTI it's own array so that it's attach/unattach status can be controlled individually by using metaVariables.

2) Help me find a way around this problem as I really want to use these choppers.  As I said earlier I've 'salivating' for these since you released the Mi26 non-PK version.

biggrin_o.gif

Funnily enough, I encountered this problem with the BAS MH47E, but because the attch/unattach conditions were local and the vehicle pick-up coniditions were based around object names and not classes (this was brilliant by-the-way just not good for me) I was able to find a work-around as I described above in (1).  Now I know you didn't make these choppers with CTI in mind but I would really appreciate the assisitance.

Again great addon  smile_o.gif

I still didn't find the problem that prevents Vulcans to engage this bird, maybe it's something very obvious that i've overlooked.

Also i've done a few tests to make sure it's not the ammo or something. For example a normal BMP has armor=200 and armorstructural=2.0 which equals the armor values of the Mi-26, while the BMP gets wasted in a matter of seconds the Vulcan's completly ignore the Helicopter crazy_o.gif.

Lifting an enemy AI Controlled M163 (the other one is just following it's leader LOL  tounge_o.gif:)

Mi26LiftVulcan.jpg

Hmm ... now that i've started to build a mission using this beauty i've got a problem: AI controlled M163 Vulcan's refuse to engage this copper  crazy_o.gif. First i've thought it's maybe my custom ammo for the vulcan but after reverting the hitstrengh back to BIS standards they still don't engage  crazy_o.gif .

M2's, 2cm flack guns, vulcans, everything ignores the helo.

we had this problem with the C47 over @ WWIIEC and i belive we came to the conclusion that the reason was it was unarmed or armed with a non-combat weapon (IE: flares)

and if that doesnt work the other reason could be its size... the AI see it as too big of a threat to engage. the AI arent david and golith... they see something big they leave it the feck alone.

could be either of these that prevent gunfire on the helo

M2's, 2cm flack guns, vulcans, everything ignores the helo.

we had this problem with the C47 over @ WWIIEC and i belive we came to the conclusion that the reason was it was unarmed or armed with a non-combat weapon (IE: flares)

and if that doesnt work the other reason could be its size... the AI see it as too big of a threat to engage. the AI arent david and golith... they see something big they leave it the feck alone.

could be either of these that prevent gunfire on the helo

I think it is a config thing wink_o.gif

Pappy Pippy Puppy you are wrong m8 tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif