Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands Mod Westland Lynx AH 1 (TOW) BETA

i saw the smileys, and first wanted to add smileys too but...

on a second thought i was under the impression that even with smileys your answer to a sincere will to help was a bit condescending, so i opted for the escalation.

edit: maybe this decision was wrong or excessive, but it was such a relief wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

BTW :

Quote[/b] ]I don't think a lot of people understand the word beta in all honesty...

Well in all honesty you don't seem to understand the word beta... what is the point of a beta if noone is allowed to give constructive criticism or to help ?

It's a bit too late after the beta stage smile_o.gif

Well this happy pre christmas release just got out of whack.

We do appreciate feedback and suggestions, however I think our team is more than capable of taking the feedback and suggestions and working it on the models ourselves.

Quote[/b] ]It's a bit too late after the beta stage  

Who said? If it was too late to make improvements after the beta test, God would have stopped after Adam and Eve biggrin_o.gif

Well this happy pre christmas release just got out of whack.

We do appreciate feedback and suggestions, however I think our team is more than capable of taking the feedback and suggestions and working it on the models ourselves.

Quote[/b] ]It's a bit too late after the beta stage

Who said? If it was too late to make improvements after the beta test, God would have stopped after Adam and Eve biggrin_o.gif

I first said how much i appreciated the helo, klink..

Then proceeded to give feedback (which is one of the very goal of beta testing)

Then offered to help to fix some little details... only to help and because it wouldnt require a lot of work, not like to say you guys are not capable but like to relieve from some tasks. At the moment i offered that i did not realize this would become a "ego" stuff of the"we could do it ourselves if we wanted to" kind, and i was quite surprised with the negative feedback my offer brought.

So, basically, it's still a nice christmas present, i am not going to remove one single positive comment i made on this beta. I am only a bit disappointed by some "human" factor.

would someone mind hosting a mirror please? i am anxious to play with this awesome-looking addon, but am unable to download from the Falklands Mod site or from ofp.cz. i'd really appreciate it--this addon looks SWEET! biggrin_o.gif

I'm also disappointed that someone hasn't got a sense of humour and didn't understand what I was trying to do.. smile_o.gif

Of course all feedback is important or I wouldn't have started the thread here in the first place..

Anyway.. .Time to change the record and get back to the real purpose of this thread...

Yes well , ANYWAY !

****GREAT LYNX****

C'est magnificent ( bodington's please pet )

Not much of a bod when it comes to helo's , what other weapon sytems can we expect to see on these ?

Another awsome addon from the master of the masters.   wow_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Thanks Klink and Falklands mod, it was very nice of you guys to release this has a xmas present for the rest of us out there, this type of stuff always puts a nice warm feeling right in the chest, its very apretiated, thanks xmas_o.gif .

klink and the falklands crew ...you amazing magnifcent bastards this will add a new arrow to the quiver of the brits in ofp.

damn fine work ..keep it up

this helicopter is awesome! great textures, sweet sounds, and very nice handling. great job!

and thanks a ton for the mirror, blackdog!

Quote[/b] ]a small detail, and i know it's only a beta, but the crew looks like it's a bit low in the cockpit. move the seats up a bit they can't see sh*t ;)

..It's one of the very realistic points of this aircraft model (I operated and taught on Lynx Mk 1, and briefly on the Mk 7, between 1986 and 1989).  Lookout from the cockpit is poor when compared to other battlefield helis; low flying was likened to sitting inside a post-box peering out through the slit.

Mind you Klink, if you want it REALLY realistic as a Mk 1, have it so that you can't pedal-turn left on a warm day with 4 tubes loaded unless you go right down to 6" skid clearance!  And the Mk 1 was limited to 5 minutes hover per flight when the Outside Air Temperature was above 30 degrees... crazy_o.gif  Nice one Wastelands ...not.  Lovely to handle when it worked, but the Lynx was the only aircraft I operated (including the Chinook during the Mk 2 upgrade) where the build-quality actually gave me cause for concern.

Have just had my first play with "Lynx Effect" - great fun. Like Avon says, it's the missions that really make this game. Thoroughly enjoyed having a go with your wonderful new add-on, wish I had your skills. Wish we'd had missile approach warners in the Mk 1, too.

Oh folks - it is only a game, right? Lynx Mk1 with 8 tubes loaded AND more than 6 fully-laden tps in the back? Don't try this at home, kids... wink_o.gifblues.gif

Have just had my first play with "Lynx Effect" - great fun.  Like Avon says, it's the missions that really make this game.  Thoroughly enjoyed having a go with your wonderful new add-on, wish I had your skills.  Wish we'd had missile approach warners in the Mk 1, too.

Oh folks - it is only a game, right?  Lynx Mk1 with 8 tubes loaded AND more than 6 fully-laden tps in the back?  Don't try this at home, kids... wink_o.gif  blues.gif

Thanks for the encouraging words. Not having flown a real one or for that matter even stood near one, I chose fun over realism, and tried to balance between the two. Where were you when I started smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif I must admit of all the addons I have made I enjoyed making this the most.

Put a leather jacket on it and call it Fonzie blues.gif

Very impressed, still can't get it to loop though.

Is it true that Lynx deodourant is made from the exhaust gases of Lynx helicopters?

Thanks for the crimbo pressie, just what I always wanted, something that flies and blows stuff up. biggrin_o.gif

Merry Christmas xmas_o.gif

Is it true that Lynx deodourant is made from the exhaust gases of Lynx helicopters?

Nup the gooey stuff between the toes of the animal variety biggrin_o.gif

Well the exhaust one, would explain why the doedrant explodes if you drop it from height.....or hammer a nail in and light it.

The behaviour on this topic is completely beyond the pale (lupus)

Now that's a proper english saying, isen't it? Not bad for a dutchman, ay? smile_o.gif

On-topic;

Will you also make the version with the wheels instead of the skids?

I would vey much like to see a modern lynx with .50 and anti-ship missiles. But I'm afraid those didn't excist at the time of the falkland war.

ad hominem attack is beyond the pale... will to help isn't.

Enough said, you're trying to pour hot oil on fire and to what purpose ? (is that proper english saying ?)

or maybe i haven't seen the smileys... duh !

Stop the bickering all of you please, discuss the addon or go somewhere else.

Downloaded yesterday and played with it last night. Absolutly fantastic. Going to use it in my campaign that I'm making. Great work guys, looking forward to this MOD immensley tounge_o.gif

Klink,

Apart from the blades, it's going to be very hard for you to improve upon this.  I'll add a couple of observations, but they really are trifling:

1.  The AAC didn't go over to grey-and-green until the mid-80s, when tactics in NW Europe changed from open-country (ie hiding behind bushes and trees) to primarily-urban.  I won't bore you with the full story behind how the colour scheme was chosen, but the green is quite a bit brighter than yours.  Before that, and certainly around 1982, the camouflage was black-and-green.

2.  You're quite right to depict the oily smoke from the Gem engines - when the Lynx first entered service one of the standard post-flight walkround checks included attaching a catch-can to the exhaust to collect the hot drips(!).  However, once the rotors start turning this smoke goes straight down, not up.

3.  If you are striving for uber-accuracy with your Mk1, why not include the 0.3 Hz "nod" caused by the AFCS (Stabilisation system) in forward flight?  After about 10 minutes you can them simulate the pavement pizza in the back as the troops start to hurl...

(edited to add missing word to final paragraph. And that'll be 3 points, not a couple - sigh)