Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands Mod Westland Lynx AH 1 (TOW) BETA

Standart good work by Falklands Mod  smile_o.gif

Maybe its good idea to make cockpit view  like this ( max zoom):

FALlynx1.jpg

or in this position as standart.

FALlynx2.jpg

J don't have joystick and for this effect in flight usually put book on "-" or use Scotch Tape

then I press "*"  biggrin_o.gif and can fly and look around by mouse :

FALlynx3.jpg

FALlynx4.jpg

FALlynx5.jpg

......something like real.

@SILESIAN

Wotcha doing man? Those pics will put people off from downloading it biggrin_o.gif <<< just kidding

Yep I have to agree. I had thought about turning of the zoom function to get a standard viewpoint.. after all we dont have zoom vision supplied as standard in real life biggrin_o.gif

@SILESIAN

Wotcha doing man? Those pics will put people off from downloading it  biggrin_o.gif  <<< just kidding

Yep I have to agree. I had thought about turning of the zoom function to get a standard viewpoint.. after all we dont have zoom vision supplied as standard in real life  biggrin_o.gif

OFP has always needed a squint action.

@SILESIAN

Wotcha doing man? Those pics will put people off from downloading it biggrin_o.gif <<< just kidding

Yep I have to agree. I had thought about turning of the zoom function to get a standard viewpoint.. after all we dont have zoom vision supplied as standard in real life biggrin_o.gif

I think it was very fine if the standard zoom was like on Silesian's screens, but I think let us the option to zoom in a bit though. You're right, that possibility is not given in real life, but the eyes have a much higher resolution than at least my monitor smile_o.gif

In real we don't see only by a small part of window , we use it all. - OFP tryies simulate real life   wink_o.gif

Then why we have as a standart this view :

CARview1.jpg

This will be much better - much real :

CARview2.jpg

Long ago I with Hudson made it as a standart in us Cessna - its worked fine. Pilot always can change view distance.

FOTO1

FOTO2

FOTO3

With this zoom cockpit flying is very attractive in OFP -sometimes you'll fel like in good flying simulators  wink_o.gif

This nice Falklands Mod Lynx is the best example

THANKS "Falklands" PEOPLE LIKE YOU KEEP THIS GAME ALIVE

I agree with Silesian on the zoom thing. The field of view from the cockpit or driver's seat in most vehicles it just too narrow. I prefer to fly from the cockpit in flight sims, but in OFP I have to use 3rd person to see enough.

*digs out the roll of sellotape*

biggrin_o.gif

Hey I have no problem with this at all. A wider field of vision would be great. What you actually suggest is zoom out rather than zoom in.

However in a lot of aircraft the panels often appear too far away from the pilot where in in actuality there is hardly any room to move. A balance would be cool.

Hey I have no problem with this at all. A wider field of vision would be great. What you actually suggest is zoom out rather than zoom in.

However in a lot of aircraft the panels often appear too far away from the pilot where in in actuality there is hardly any room to move. A balance would be cool.

yeah i dont see anything wrong with it right now. Zoom or anything. goot job btw

On fixed wing aircraft, what is strange is that often with aircraft that have a gun camera view (that is slightly zoomed) I seem to be able to fly ALOT better at low altitude in that view. I'm not sure if the same would hold true with helicopters but it might be nice to have a gun camera view for the pilot that can be used by hitting the gunsight key.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

this chopper rulez! Well i always drive stuff in 3'rd person view so i hate servers that force you to have 1'st person view online :P but anyways this chopper was very nice to handle and fly when in first person view, was kind of like same feeling as flying the little birds for the first time or something like that biggrin_o.gif

On fixed wing aircraft, what is strange is that often with aircraft that have a gun camera view (that is slightly zoomed) I seem to be able to fly ALOT better at low altitude in that view.  I'm not sure if the same would hold true with helicopters but it might be nice to have a gun camera view for the pilot that can be used by hitting the gunsight key.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah that would be cool.

I agree with the zoom thing, that's how I fly choppers and trucks as well Silesian..... it feels much more 'natural'

And the gun sight view would be nice too as Miles Teg said.

Do you guys think you could add the hidden selections required to display squad logos in MP?

Do you guys think you could add the hidden selections required to display squad logos in MP?

No! biggrin_o.gif

Sure we can.. actually had thought about that then promptly forgot tounge_o.gif

Also, add the flag carry proxy thing too (if you hadn't already - it's one of those things that would be in the back of my mind).