Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

Favorite Missions Topic

Mission Name: CHEMICAL WARFARE

Author: AMOSDEUS

Download:http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=711

Description:Delta force is to destroy a chemical plant and steal documents with rangers as support. Best one ive ever played. Has atmosphere and good music and hardcore gameplay.

Mission Name: operation sunsrike

Author: RED

Download:http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=453

Description:sf forces to do a number of objectives. very well done. better if edited using hyk sf soldiers. seriously if ppl edited this with hyk sf soldiers and lsr weapons it will be so good. i edited my version and used hyk and lsr weapons and damn i loved it.

Mission Name:Deep Water

already posted

Mission Name:Bas desert delta demo mission

Description:delta force to perform snatch operation.

http://www.gotf.net/downloads.asp?id=86

A touch of frost by ACF

- Very funny cutscenes with good voiceacting. (from one man only smile_o.gif )

- Very nice concept.ACF made it so that you are randomly chosen as the leader of the three squads. You actually have three different missions built into one, all from the eyes of different squads, with different missions.

- A nice replay value

- Based on a true story.

Revolt 1998 by KingNothing (campaign)

An excellent campaign that puts you in the role of a US Ranger helping the government of Tonal suppress an anti-democratic rebellion. There are tons of great cutscenes, giving the whole campaign a very cinematic feel that is lacking from many missions/campaigns. A fair amount of addons are required, but believe me, it is WELL worth it for a campaign of this length and quality. And playing with all these addons and this great island makes OFP look GOOD again, compared to BIS stuff. Frame rate suffers a bit though, and it might require either a good system, or lowering of your graphics options.

One of my favorites smile_o.gif

Mission Name: With Extreme Prejudice

Author: alimag

Download: http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=1286

Description: High ranking members of diverse terrorist organizations are actually meeting in Tonali.

After a missile strike on the target building a Delta Force platoon will move in and finish the job. All terrorrists must be killed.

This is an opportunity that we cannot miss...

The mission can be played as squad member, squad leader or platoon leader. You can also choose your squad if you are squad member/leader.

Not a mission but a campaign:   Retaliation.   It's a variation on the original CWC from the Soviet perspective and is absolutely excellent in every regard, right up to the singing Hind gunner.

To paraphrase the old advert, I liked it so much I wrote the walkthrough.

Retaliation is obviously one of my favorite campaign. Also worth mentioning but not of the same kind is REVOLT 1998 by King Nothing :a master piece.

Edit : ooops, sounds like I missed the post from General Barron whistle.gif

Mission Name: Abandoned Armies

Author: Thobson

Download: Ofpec's Missions Depot

Description: A very long, dynamic single mission that's almost a campaign in itself. It's not an action packed firefight, but the atmosphere and the story makes it one of the best missions I ever played.

If you have FDF, get the campaign "Blue Storm" by Tappaja. There's a few bugs but I think it is better than the included campaign with FDFmod. Unfortunately there is no voice acting, but I am working on that.

Quote[/b] ]"Jerks. They should have shot me in the head...and enough times to make sure..." -Marv

Blue Storm by Tappaja (hosted by the FDFMOD Mission Repository)

I cannot believe no one put that one yet:

Blue Skies by nominesine

http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=1320

Overview:

In the summer of 2002, following a severe drought, starvation kindled the fire that led to civil war on the Tonali islands. US troops are being sent in, on request of the elected president Teremesha Paki, to reinstate order. In one week the US Army Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment, 2nd Bn, secured the Tonali airport and all major cities. You are among the troops that arrive a few weeks after the invasion.

You play Joseph Conrad, US Army Ranger, away from active duty for one year due to studies at MIT. The rangers are kept on the islands as a fast reaction force and you are assigned to the 2nd Bn's Company C, team Charlie. Your task will be maintenance of the satellite field radio, advanced optics and operation of the portable laser designator.

This campaign focuses on large scale battles, short fierce firefights in unusual environments as well as the every day life of the soldiers in Company C, team Charlie.

This is definitely (with Revolt 1998) the best Tonal campaign that I've ever played. Not to hard and the missions are varied and fun to play.

Highly recommended!

Hi,

Sui has made some of the finest OFP missions around in my opinion, Facile ground in particular. His work is highly polished and showcases what makes OFP great.

Downloads can be found at the OFPEC mission database:

Airborne

Facile Ground

The Black Gap

notworthy.gif

Regards,

Sander

My new favourite Mission is "When the World ends" by Gaia. If you liked Apache Assault, you will absolutely love this one! Like a very well produced Hollywood movie with an amazing storyline and great special effects. Grab it here: click

Operation Axe-point 1.2 by snypir

It is an old mission with very detailed briefing. You take the role of a sectionleader of an australian mechanized infantry squad on Malden.

I honestly advise this one to everybody who likes missions that can be played in a real - life hard core way. It's perfectly built, with a convincing plot and an unbelievable care for details. Even though there are a few addons to be installed beforehand, it's really worth any effort to do so as these masterpiece has an extreme replayability value and actually contains three different scenarios in just one mission. As soon as you have all of the required addons, it's good to look for another one example of Klavan's craftmanship - "Operation Weasel" which is a prequel to "Dirty Trick ... "

I waited quite a long time for the re-opening of the OFPEC mission depot to advertise that one piece of a real hard core pure OFP entertainment.

Bon apetit.

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....28138.0

Hello there, I see what looks like a lot of cool and engrossing missions posted here. But the vast majority seem to be for Resistance or something or other, are there any good missions for the original (but fully patched abviously)? I dont like tank/helicopter missions though. I do like stealth missions a lot however, and love missions where you have to intercept a convoy. pistols.gif

So, anyone know of any missions?

Operation Axe-point 1.2 by snypir

It is an old mission with very detailed briefing. You take the role of a sectionleader of an australian mechanized infantry squad on Malden.

I do not know if this topic is the right place to ask, but I downloaded and installed this mission and it does not look to work correctly.

As per mission plan I joined my squad, boarded m113 and arrived at first waipoint (the one before FUP) after I and my squad reached this waipoint, there was several messages about being in position, and that the Lolisse is defended by one squad and BMP...

And that is all... no other orders, no option to coordinae attack. I can of course try to attack only with my squad, but I think that is the wrong way to do it, that there should be some support from other units. So does anybody know where can be the problem?

Quote[/b] ]I do not know if this topic is the right place to ask, but I downloaded and installed this mission and it does not look to work correctly.

Quote[/b] ]And that is all... no other orders, no option to coordinae attack. I can of course try to attack only with my squad, but I think that is the wrong way to do it, that there should be some support from other units. So does anybody know where can be the problem?

It's a little qurkie at that point, move on to Lolisse from there. When the town is clear move to next waypoint. The other squads go on thier own, you have no control of them

Hi,

Sui has made some of the finest OFP missions around in my opinion, Facile ground in particular. His work is highly polished and showcases what makes OFP great.

Downloads can be found at the OFPEC mission database:

Airborne

Facile Ground

The Black Gap

notworthy.gif

Regards,

Sander

I apologize for being johnny come lately, but these links do not work, any ideas where I can find these missions?  Thanks!

I am also looking for some missions from this topic, they are hard to get nowadays...

Soooo glad to see I can get this awesome game to run on my Vista box, now I can get back to playing

The Partisan "Campaign" religiously   (Filefront link ver. 1.0)

Allot may say it's generic, allot might find it redundant, but allot might not take the time to "tweak" it to their liking.

OFPEC hosts a version they title as "final" may or may-not be the same as filefront's.

Ofpecs link for The Partisan

I've played it for a good while myself, heard allot of complaints about how its all "objective a, b, or c" and it get's repetitive. but it sounds like these folks are playing a straightforward foot soldiers campaign to me. Try building a small fleet of MI17's and go in Apocalypse Now style to achieve your objectives, or lay waste to everything that spawns when you get near a city, or take ground approach with 4 bmp's.

It's not so much "Ooooh, this next mission is new and exciting" as it is a matter of, "Well, let's see what approach I want to take to try and eliminate all opposition on the island in this mission" It doesn't necessarily have to be the mission details themselves that give each mission a unique flavor.

Uh oh, I'm ranting, sorry bout that but I've seen allot of Vanilla comments about this awesome bit of scripting over the years and I guess I just couldn't keep it in anymore.   crazy_o.gif

For the past week it's also serving as a nice tool for me to get a better feel on the mechanics of scripting spawns and the like, I've changed a rare, lone Ural randomly cruising between 2 or 3 towns into multiple caravans of every vehicle imaginable. I've tweaked the city spawns to the point where if I have less than 6 men armed with RPG's I may as well stay home.

So to the Original scripter of this great piece of code I say  notworthy.gif  thank you Sir.

P.S.: If the original author (Or anyone with the knowhow) feels up to it, I wouldn't mind some pointers on how to #1: Add Arty support, #2: Fix it so the V80's persist from mission to mission (I steal them only to have them turn into Mi17's the next go-round?!wink_o.gif #3: Port this great Campaign to other Islands.

A touch of frost by ACF

- Very funny cutscenes with good voiceacting. (from one man only smile_o.gif )

- Very nice concept.ACF made it so that you are randomly chosen as the leader of the three squads. You actually have three different missions built into one, all from the eyes of different squads, with different missions.

- A nice replay value

- Based on a true story.

Now here: A Touch of Frost v1.11

My favourite missions are seize Le Moule, and patrol saint marie.

Edited by riffleman