Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

In my opinion he's America's last hope, if he won't get elected things will get alot worse worldwide. Vote for Ron Paul.

ohKz9OeiI0g&feature=related

I personally also believe that he doesn't stand a chance. America is still asleep behind the wheel.

I also sadly must say that Americas foreign Policies are very much "Nazi Germany" like. I'm German BTW so I know what I'm talking about. There is enough evidence everywhere around. It saddens me deeply to see how the USA changed.

Therefore I believe Ron Paul is a last chance to change the things which have to be changed.

Personally, I believe the U.S. is screwed no matter who we vote for. Our options as I see them:

• Ron Paul - A nutjob (Surprisingly I found myself agreeing with him a couple days ago, something to do with Israel I think. He's still a lunatic though, imho.)
  • Obama - A black guy (JUST KIDDING.) I dislike his policies, some of the things he kept shouting from the rooftops during his campaign never happened, his supporters like calling people who don't like him racists, and his fellow democrats are falling over themselves to say things praising him that are just completely stupid, idiotic, and just plain hilarious.
  • Palin - Dear god if she wins I'm moving to Australia, or Rock's neighborhood.
  • Bachmann - A brainless politician who is almost worse than Palin
  • Perry - A Texan (As a fellow Texan he's off to a good start) who has tried to threaten the federal government with Texas seceding from the U.S. FPDR (There goes the good start)

I'm just a semi-ignorant 19 year old, but looking at the candidates, the U.S. is royally fucked.

They are all bad choices, but the best of the worst is Obama in my opinion. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

BUSH IS NOT A TEXAN

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
spoiler code was misspelled

Ron paul is too much for me, but he's the only honest politician out there running for president.. I wouldn't even call it the lesser of two evils, ron paul is well intentioned and is very principled. I think it would be the wrong turn for the country if we followed his views but at least we can have that debate. Doesn't mean he will get everything he wants to pass.

Anyone see Al Gore's Current TV new show? http://current.com/shows/the-young-turks/

It's good to see it growing, Olbermann is running a good show there as well.

Edited by Fox '09

I think that america should vote for Obama. He might not be the perfect president, but its already a huge step forward after Bush. I think that he could be a really good president if he wasnt left with what Bush fucked up, having a global crisis and beeing blocked by the republicans all the time.

I think that america should vote for Obama. He might not be the perfect president, but its already a huge step forward after Bush. I think that he could be a really good president if he wasnt left with what Bush fucked up, having a global crisis and beeing blocked by the republicans all the time.

HA! Good one

So tired of this.

You know it's going to get a lot worse in the near future.

What is really astounding is, that the mainstream media completely ignores Ron Paul which is really outrageous in my opinion.

In any case we'll see soon how everything is going to turn out.

regards

I think that america should vote for Obama. He might not be the perfect president, but its already a huge step forward after Bush.

In what way is Obama different from Bush? He's pursued basically the same policies. He's spent even more money than Bush. He's expanded overseas military activity since Bush. Obama is like a supercharged version of Bush. I guess he's better at public speaking, though.

They should vote for him the day that fires Tim Geitner, Larry Summers, Leon Panetta. Or even better, if he passes real economic reform, a full audit of the federal reserve, true healthcare reform, and higher taxes on the top tax bracket. Maybe if he gets rid of that stupid looking forward junk and work towards throwing the bush admin. in prison. And above all, campaign finance reform.

I don't care if he gets any of it to be honest, but if he fights for it then America should vote for him again. He's an awful president and america has no reason to vote for him again.

In what way is Obama different from Bush? He's pursued basically the same policies. He's spent even more money than Bush. He's expanded overseas military activity since Bush. Obama is like a supercharged version of Bush. I guess he's better at public speaking, though.

+1 . . . I agree completely on that

They should vote for him the day that fires Tim Geitner' date=' Larry Summers, Leon Panetta. Or even better, if he passes real economic reform, a full audit of the federal reserve, true healthcare reform, and higher taxes on the top tax bracket. Maybe if he gets rid of that stupid looking forward junk and work towards throwing the bush admin. in prison. And above all, campaign finance reform.

I don't care if he gets any of it to be honest, but if he fights for it then America should vote for him again. He's an awful president and america has no reason to vote for him again.[/quote']

Unfortunately that is never going to happen, he is definitely making profit from the actual system. So no way that he's gonna change anything.

Please read this

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=21947

Obama is in my opinion the biggest deceive in American history

Edited by nettrucker

They both espouse to Keynesianism. End of discussion.

So tired of this.

Says the person with four (4) posts.

HeJB_O4meSE

2011 Straw Poll Full Results (Votes, %)

Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)

Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)

Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)

Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)

Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)

Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)

Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)

Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)

Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)

Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)

Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)

Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

Edited by Hans Ludwig

I guess he's better at public speaking, though.

Bush was much funnier! Comedy gaffe's FTW.

Also he came across as a warm human being which Obama fails at.

Can anyone explain why American politicians always group together and answer questions in front of a crowd brought in, by time machine, from the dark ages?

Obama is in my opinion the biggest deceive in American history

I share that same opinion with you.

Can anyone explain why American politicians always group together and answer questions in front of a crowd brought in, by time machine, from the dark ages?

I wish I could... I really do.

Probably because only lowest-level brain functioning, rabid idealogues would even bother to get in the car and make the trip. Hooting and hollering at empty rhetoric and hate talk makes them feel tough and worthwhile.

Probably because only lowest-level brain functioning, rabid idealogues would even bother to get in the car and make the trip. Hooting and hollering at empty rhetoric and hate talk makes them feel tough and worthwhile.

Were you in this crowd?

omHUsRTYFAU

Your really have a problem with randomness. Maybe time to get nose outta the economic books and learn some social skills....?

You wanna take cheeky personal shots at me be my guest. But I gotta tell you, I don't think I've ever read a post of your that could in the slightest be considered pleasant -like biting on sour lemon. Open your curtains, leave your basement bunker and lets some light in for christs sake.

Edited by froggyluv

Here's another Ron Paul video I digged up.

Fy4LoBuTbvY&feature=related

I definitely support Ron Paul and his engagement to fight for the American constitution. I support his political programm and his view on everything which has been debated so far.

I personally believe he would be a good president . . . but will the current US power structure allow the American people to really elect the man who could change all this.

The next elections will be crucial to the USA. It is the struggle of the American people against the current American power structures who are running everything. It will be the most important election in the American history. in my personal believe and I wish that all the American people will wake up in time to allow change to happen.

Your vote will be the most important thing in the future of your country.

I hope that no American will miss the last opportunity for change.

p.s. Make sure you register Repub. In at least 18 states you must be registered Repub to vote for Ron Paul in the critical primary, which determines who is on the Nov. ballot !

Good luck to all Americans

Edited by nettrucker

Guys you know who really rules the country? The companys who give the most money for campaign ads!

yeah but the point is. Are the American people able to elect a man who is an enemy to the current amministration and the corpotocracy?

Ron Paul has raised more money than many other candidates, but this isn't the point.

The point is . . . are the American people able to achieve a change throughout vote or not. Even the mainstream media will not be able to put a halt to the general awakening in USA. They can ignore Ron Paul and the truth but that won't stop the need for change.

What I'm saying is that often comes faulty play into game. like manipulation of votes you get what I mean.

Because America has forces and influence all over the globe, it's off interest or concern to everyone...

Hi Darkhorse 1-6.

I'm German I do live in Italy though. Well it is a good question and it isn't very easy for me to answer your question just in a few words. We are living in a globalized world where it isn't sufficient anymore just to follow politics in the continent you live on. You got to be aware what is going on around in the world. It is concerning everyone. It makes me sad to see how the United States have changed. The USA is the only Nation which is constantly involved in wars which have proven to be lies. The foreign policy of the USA is agressive and hostile. It makes me sick when I'm seeing what is happening aound the world. I do not believe that it is fault of the American people but it is fault of the political amministration and the relevant industrial complex behind it. The American mainstream media is corrupt and brainwashing the American public into wars that nobody really wants. And I believe that Ron Paul is right to bring the American troops home to end the wars. This is just 1 little reason for me to take care.

I believe that if Ron Paul would get elected President of the USA it would improve conditions worldwide . . . so the whole world would benefit from this.

I personally believe that he is not corrupt and that he profoundly believes in what he stands for. I wish all governments on Earth would be run by man of this kind of integrity that would solve alot of problems.

Everyone in the world should know throughout history by now, that a nations worst enemy is their own government. The people have no transparency on anything. I did a research on the political doctrine of the so called "neocons"

it scared the shit out of me and I'm trying to do my small part to discuss with people why it is so important to achieve change and peace and I believe that Ron Paul is a solution who will change the USA foreign policy to achieve a more peaceful world. Can you imagine that.

I saw quite alot of debates concerning the upcoming elections and for being honest the sole thought that Ron Paul will not get elected president of the United States terrifies me. There are a million of other reasons which I can't explain in just a few words. We are walking on a razors edge all over the world.

I hope I could answer your question.

Edited by nettrucker

It's a little sad how I seem to know more about American politics than my own countries politics. Maybe because America's news/media/politics seems to be better infotainment. I can name about twice as many American politicians than British ones.

:D

I basically started following American politics a little after Obama became elected. I was convinced by the lefties that maybe he was the right choice. Now, obviously I knew he couldn't fulfil all his promises, but you know.. He said a lot of things that kind of made sense.

Now... What? He's a liar. There's no politician that isn't.. But he's got to be the most deceiving. Why would America continue to trust this man in charge of their country after increased military deployment and the healthcare gimmick (for example)? The "Oh, in his second term he will do stuff" excuse will not pass with me. If he were to do stuff that he was elected for then he would have done it already. Stop giving yourself false hope.

The lesser of the two evils... That may have been true back in '08 when Sarah Palin was running for VP.

Edited by Dead3yez