Sign in to follow this  
drow

Vietcong Soldiers

You are creating a very good looking addon with high quality textures smile_o.gif I've read somewhere in this topic and you folks must be aware of it cause it's a very important note. The VC soldier model must be resized cause the Americans are taller than the VC's wink_o.gif

hehehe... nice job guys smile_o.gif exelent work,

ps.

is gun up abit to big, or is it only me?

It's just a BETA ;)

We'll have all the problems sorted out by the demo =)

You are creating a very good looking addon with high quality textures smile_o.gif I've read somewhere in this topic and you folks must be aware of it cause it's a very important note. The VC soldier model must be resized cause the Americans are taller than the VC's  wink_o.gif

how to make them still work properly is the hard part, the smaller you make them the more out of place their arms are sad_o.gif

The NVA/VC could have easily taken boots from dead US marines/soldiers to use but i have never heard of it happening, because they already had better footwear suited for the climates of Vietnam.

To quote Time Magazine from August 1966:

"When the smoke cleared, the Communists were in full flight, and 220 Viet Cong dead littered the ground. Under a rubber tree, guarding the body of his slain platoon leader, was Private B.C Miller of Brisbane. Wounded in the face, shoulder and leg, Miller had lapsed into unconsciousness only to be awakened by a Viet Cong trying to tug off his boots. "BUGGER OFF!" Miller shouted at the startled Red, who promply complied."

The Time article is in reference to the Battle of Long Tan, one of the more well known Australian engagements of the war.

Further reading:

Long Tan Brief

Long Tan Brief

Long Tan Brief

I didnt know of that battle. And I call myself and Australian. Well I'm gonna kill my self sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

There you go! That's more like it! Nice and green.

Now where's the punji trap option and the tripwire stuff  tounge_o.gif

Just kidding guys.

Great job on the mobile plant holder.

Cant wait to mow those fellas down with an M60, keep up the good work.

Those textures are incredible! Keep the good work Draw wink_o.gif

and what other NVA are u speeking of that didnt walk down the ho chi minh trail?

Feels funny walking into the ongoing BB/Unsung conflict (much like Nam, not classified as a real war lol). Anyways, I gotta ask drow, are you saying all NVA whom entered SV did so via the Ho Chi Minh trail or do I misunderstand you?

Do you know what the Ho Chi Minh trail really is;

it wasn't just one little road, it was a complete system of little roads all connected to eachother. That's also the reason why it was never succesfully engaged by US bombers.

I won't say that every NV soldeir in SV entered using this trail, but it must have been the fast majority. Later however, they would just use the normal roads since they already conquered Hue and Da Nang (but that was at the very end of the war).

Units look awesome!!

Do you know what the Ho Chi Minh trail really is;

it wasn't just one little road, it was a complete system of little roads all connected to eachother. That's also the reason why it was never succesfully engaged by US bombers.

Yet it is universally known as the "Ho Chi Minh trail" not "trails" which may be more accurate a description ;)

Drow those NVA units are incribbly sexy. (Like me tounge_o.gif )

Cant wait to ambush them with m16 and LAWs

Para @ Oct. 25 2004,11:19)]
and what other NVA are u speeking of that didnt walk down the ho chi minh trail?

Feels funny walking into the ongoing BB/Unsung conflict (much like Nam, not classified as a real war lol). Anyways, I gotta ask drow, are you saying all NVA whom entered SV did so via the Ho Chi Minh trail or do I misunderstand you?

well they didnt take the trail south  wink_o.gif

yes they walked down the network of trails that it known as the ho chi minh

(edit - in the Northern Higlands alot of border is very thick  jungle, so sure some just slipped accross the border in places like that but you know what i mean, the majority travelled down the ho chi minh, it was something like 2 million men that came down "that trail" and half of them died before the end of the war.)

VC35.jpg

HOLY S**T wow_o.gif

I was looking forward to ambushing these, but I'm afriad these guys look so good it will probably be the other way around!

That camo makes them blend in very well on that picture.

HOLY S**T wow_o.gif

I was looking forward to ambushing these, but I'm afriad these guys look so good it will probably be the other way around!

That camo makes them blend in very well on that picture.

yea we're putting lots of work into them, we would like people to actually Want to play as the VC side in MP games etc.  wink_o.gif

VC37.jpg

....erm...i'm looking at the pic and somehow that VC dude looks to small for his gun...

Am i imagining this or is it true  rock.gif

probably wishfull thinking  biggrin_o.gif

Anyhow i said it before and i will say it again, GREAT PLANT HOLDERS you made there  tounge_o.gif

I can already see myself walking right over charlie's back while he's hidden in the grass and waiting to take me out up close.

I can imagine being a nasty VC sniper shooting guard at the towers. Only thing is that in the movies te sniper is always cooked shortly after sad_o.giftounge_o.gif