Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! Addons Release!

One word...

AWESOME!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Unbelieveable.. Gorgeous models. Seems a shame to put them into combat. Oh well, off to shoot 'em up and test 'em out.

Thanks, great job!

Looking superb as always. I'll have to put a stop to my Rome: Total War marathon and check these out in-game.

ok i know noone will read the readme, ill admit i didnt, but i figured this one out..

the tent deployment thingy will NOT deply the tent without the cbt game logic.  so keep that in mind folks

ive installed and deleted the files and im not spaming the download again just for a readme... so tell me..

why did you remove the TOW up/down feature on the M2A2's? they seem fixed unable to animate by user action or speed.  i assume you disabled that for a reason, just curious what it was.

the TOW on the M113 tow tank thingy... it jumps up and down then more then a bed in a whore house  crazy_o.gif  fired 3 at a tank... with it locked on.. it "wobbled" over top of it and exploded on the other side 2 out of 3 times.

M901}-\../..\../..\../..\../..\../..\../..\ <- missel path

M901}.....................................[_]<- enemy tank

its the best ascii artistic expression of what the TOW does.

the one in the M2A2 seems to be steady

other then that everything seems in order.

oh by the way...

Attention Y2K3 Users: M113A3, M2A2ODS (nato) bradly, and the HMETT's all seem in order, new textures, models, scripts all remain the same, thank you VERY much combat team, so you MAY upgrade to these cbt addons without any problem.

except, if you use the M2A2 (default replacment) it will hint you once that you need the server check game logic, but it goes away and doesnt repeat like it once did, so its a minor bug, but its certianly liveable, much better and effective way of informing the user. this doesnt affect gameplay and goes away after so long.

so Y2K3ers you may succesfuly upgrade your CBT addons to the new ones without any problem. enjoy!

CBT: i applogise if my bugs reported are in the readme, like i said i refer to readme's when theres a serious problem i cant comprehend, and other then the TOW problem, the rest all works fine  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the tent deployment thingy will NOT deply the tent without the cbt game logic.  so keep that in mind folks

ive installed and deleted the files and im not spaming the download again just for a readme... so tell me..

why did you remove the TOW up/down feature on the M2A2's? they seem fixed unable to animate by user action or speed.  i assume you disabled that for a reason, just curious what it was.

the TOW on the M113 tow tank thingy... it jumps up and down then more then a bed in a whore house    fired 3 at a tank... with it locked on.. it "wobbled" over top of it and exploded on the other side 2 out of 3 times.

To get the tent to deploy the driver must have the engine turned off. No game logic is required.

The raise and lower for the Tow on the Bradley has not been changed. Tested it and it works for me.

As for the M901 ITV, the path of the launched TOW is set to resemble the flight path as seen in videos of a real firing.

It does not fire quite as easily as the Bradley, You have to try and track the target more closely. Have you tried firing or just let AI fire?

Hope this helps.

Pablo

Instant classic!!

More toys for my virtual sandbox! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the tent deployment thingy will NOT deply the tent without the cbt game logic.  so keep that in mind folks

the TOW on the M113 tow tank thingy... it jumps up and down then more then a bed in a whore house    fired 3 at a tank... with it locked on.. it "wobbled" over top of it and exploded on the other side 2 out of 3 times.

To get the tent to deploy the driver must have the engine turned off. No game logic is required.

The raise and lower for the Tow on the Bradley has not been changed. Tested it and it works for me.

As for the M901 ITV, the path of the launched TOW is set to resemble the flight path as seen in videos of a real firing.

It does not fire quite as easily as the Bradley, You have to try and track the target more closely. Have you tried firing or just let AI fire?

Hope this helps.

Pablo

the tent only deploys from the outside (option only visable) it was JUST me on the map.. it wouldnt deploy until i put the cbt game logic in.

the tent disappered from the tank but didnt appere on the ground.

about the TOW on the bradly, i put myself as gunner, there was no option to raise/lower, when i switched to the drivers seat and floored it she stayed erect.

note: i tested the combat addons, not the Y2K3 replacments, the Y2K3 replacments i removed a vew things due to scripting errors i couldnt be buggered with.

edit: about the tracking.. the targets were 2 empty tanks sitting about 350m away. needles to say we were both stationary

M901 bug (both AI gunner and player gunner)

hitpoint.jpg

M2A2ODS Nato bradly, me as driver running full speed, note TOW launcher still fully erect, preverious verison retracted at speeds over 10(?)

fullspeed.jpg

sitting in the gunners seat of the M2A2ODS, note no option to raise/lower TOW (edit: the other option not visiabl there is "move to back seat")

gunnerseat.jpg

id just like to state that the raise lower otpion of the tow being absent doesnt bother me one bit, i get over it.

the lack of accuracy of the TOW on the M901 and its bouncy flight path quraks me a little, but i dont use TOW fireing armored vehicals that much so it doesnt really bother me either, i downloaded it, mainly cuz it had your name on it  tounge_o.gif

by the way i have no extra copies of the previous versions in other addons folders, im not mix matching other cbt addons with the new ones. everything is clean install into my addons folder.

just bringing it to your attention is all.

First off. Pappy, animated TOW is disabled in MP. I can tell this because your last screen has a Hint box showing you are in MP.

ahhh alright.

yea i test ALL my addons in the MP editor. takes like 15 minuts to boot up to main screen, so i test in the MP mission editor (booting up with all seeing eye)

but it worked before. so your saying you disabled it this time around? becuz last time around the TOW was animated, and like i said i ONLY test in the MP editor. last time i see the start up screen was to ensure that the "y2K3" mark was under the title and that was months ago. last time i played a campaign mission in the campaign or SP mission was 2002 biggrin_o.gif

alright, so you disabled the animated tow in MP for this release. alright no problem smile_o.gif

Awesome addons combat.

Little bug on the tent:

destroyed tent can be removed and replaced (repaired).

Bug?

If you have more then 1 command vehicle, you can only deploy 1 tent.

If you remove the tent, you can deploy it on another vehicle, but only on 1 vehicle at the same time.

But overall, really great work!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif