Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! Addons Release!

I wonder if BIS will "acquire" some of your stuff for OFP 2?  Other than the inside of the vehicles and some other minor stuff, I think it would definitely save BIS time and money if they took certain addons beyond the words great and touch them up in 3d software.  

That way BIS can spend more time and $$$ on developing the game engine and building new enivornments.

We consider it. smile_o.gif

I seem to be having a problem with the markings scripts.You seem to have two differant scripts and i can't get either of them to work,i keep getting "unable to find script"

Quote[/b] ]Main number/emblems predefinition line, first syntax:

[<name>, "<div>", "<chevron>", "<num>"] exec "\CBT_HMMWV\fx\CBT_HMMWV_UN.sqs"

Example of main number/emblems predefinition line:

[this, "normal", "2418i", "delta","a22"] exec "\CBT_HMMWV\fx\CBT_UN.sqs"

I also have the same problem with the M977 marking script.I have just downloaded the most recent versions.. crazy_o.gif

Is it a bug or am i just a stupid asshole.. tounge_o.gif

These addons look great! The only complaint I have is that your HEMMTs handle horribly. I am in the U.S. Army and I have drove many HEMMTs. The turn way sharper than yours do in game. Great addons though, keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Monty

Thanks Monty, It was something I noticed but working on other vehicles, AI still drive like hellenkeller giving the big transpoert trucks better handdling is beging to make their poor driving skills worse. Even more so with dismounted units operating around them, tend to end up speed bumps to the AI truck drivers cause they will overcorrect to keep formation with the group leader more.

You gotta balance the addons for both player and AI you know.. Even if AI can prove smater than players a lotof times. ;)

AI and vehicles:

Would it be worth - in the same way as the Diemaco Pack does with their ammunition - making separate AI-configured and player-friendly vehicles? I have no programming knowledge, so I don't know whether this is fruitless speculation.

Mainly you have to balance things at the limitations of the game engine, the AI capabilites and player capabilites and the all important thing the maps.

Can make a addon handle fairly sweet for players, put an AI in as driver, and watch them ram over friendly units get stuck against buildings and trees even bushes or rollovers, run the hemmet on Nogova 2004 with AI driverrs, most of the time they can breech the jerzy barriers with the hemets without getting stuck..

I'm the only other real military vetrain on the Combat group besides Hellfish. I never drove the hemmet due to being in infantry/armor and arty units that still use the old M35A2 and M925 5 ton. They are mostly assinged to transportation units and contrction and heavy equipment moving units like engineers.

Remeber its a game, Stuff in OFP will not handle or opertate like stuff in IRL which is cool, no hours of PMCS before and after missions, or random equipment failure, most other games the trucks act like tanks, even pivot steer.. =P

If a real grunt only found the handling problems out of wack, were happy, and it will hopefully be addressed in the next update.

Sperate configs could be done, but most folks menu areas are spammy enough. I'm sure the west side men units are now twice the height of what my monitor can display.. Easier to just tweak the main addon and see if AI dron Evil Kanievle with the hemets. I'm sure the Hemmets borrowed the bis five tons setting seeing its a truck most just want to blow up in convoy ambush missions.

@Bobcatt666

I didn't realize it affected AI like that. It makes since what you are saying. You can only take the game engine and AI so far. Thanks for the reply.

Monty

A good example is take Nogova 2004 use the stretch of highway from the airport as far east before the road turns, out by the lakes, use the faster civi cars like (Don't bother trying the 355 or 308 Ferrari AI can't handle those cars.) PC's Lambos, or Barons challanger or the viper, use about four cars set way points to try and make the race up and back cycling the route. Time how long it takes for a AI to roll one of the cars. Note the Jersy barrier can be walked through but slam a car in the same spot it will be totaled or the AI are really good at rolling the Lambos.

Most cases the AI will never take a vehicle to its top end Nogova 2004 is one of my favorite maps cause I used to be a dragracer. Sometime still MP dragracing matches on the game. Tweak the hell out of the cars for different classes. got a few top fuel dragsters in O2 for a stupid project. ;)

Please, please, please, let me see your top fueler! I am a big NHRA fan. My dad and I got to Indianapolis every Labor Day for the U.S. Nationals. Maybe you can PM me and tell me more.

Monty

Well they will show up sometime, right now most the efforts are into the combat vehicle aspect of the game. Neat is goofing with other things tends to get carried over to the military addons when a game limitaion is breeched. Now back to topic before we get a spanking..

Well as Bobcatt666 let slip in the other post about some of the new units you'll be creating with your expertease, i only hope your next goal is these trucks... biggrin_o.gif.And as your other addons have been in woodland and desert i know these will be the same and of the same quality.....

army_trucks1.jpg

ps.I would of posted in your forums but i can't seem to enter them...

playin thru 1985 campaign with Y2K3 (basicly making it the 2003 campaign  tounge_o.gif ) played the mission gaurdian where u gaurd the convoy... told my M113 to hold up while me and the boys secured arundy.... well an RPGer caught wind of the M113 and fired 2 shots (cuz thats all he got) at it.. first wized over top.. the second i swear to god im not lying.. the second one bounced off the side of the M113 and then exploded on the other side, i was lookin right at the 113 when the rpg hit

]_ \

[]|^<-.....................RPG flight path

[]|

--

^M113

is this a feature? biggrin_o.gif or was that pure luck sad_o.gif either way kicked ass smile_o.gif

Well as Bobcatt666 let slip in the other post about some of the new units you'll be creating with your expertease, i only hope your next goal is these trucks... biggrin_o.gif.And as your other addons have been in woodland and desert i know these will be the same and of the same quality.....

http://img60.exs.cx/img60/1209/army_trucks1.jpg

ps.I would of posted in your forums but i can't seem to enter them...

FMTV's are not being made. Look in this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;st=165

Maybe I will make one myselve, I already started on the cab.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]bobcat the FMTVs, MTVR, nor are being made or is planned, as for the MRLS is not going to be done for a long time so don't be making posts saying whats planned and whats not

Hi

I missed the whole hmmvv release for some reason crazy_o.gif

But I installed it yesterday and get a messy config thingy about the CBT_M240b.

What can I do about this? I have jam(2) and all other CBT addons in as far as I know?

Or is this caused by something else? another addon maybe such as the rf hmmvvpack? or other addon(s)?

maybe you also missed some other updates? like the RSC file... wink_o.gif

maybe you also missed some other updates? like the RSC file... wink_o.gif

This pack requires:

- CBT Misc 1.1

- OFP: Resistance (min. v1.96)

1.1? ok. hm, could you post the exact error message?

I downloaded the CBT_misc from the first page, where I got it from has the wrong misc.pbo I found out mad_o.gif

thnx anyway xmas_o.gif

has anyone released a config that replaces BIS vehicles with COMBAT! vehicles? the default campaign with HYK soldiers and COMBAT! vehicles would be pretty sick...

i thought someone would suggest that; the problem is that FFUR is something like 700mb, and includes things that i don't want

has anyone released a config that replaces BIS vehicles with COMBAT! vehicles?  the default campaign with HYK soldiers and COMBAT! vehicles would be pretty sick...

Y2K3 mod.

replaces the humvee with thiers, m113 with thiers, m2a2 with thiers, and the repair trucks with their hemmts.

soldiers replaced by hyk ones too.

plus it moderizes the whole feel of OFP.

and its only 500 megs wink_o.gif uses the best of the best addons released. addons that anyone who is someone already has or uses on thier servers and in their missions.