Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

Perhaps you could use the camo of hyakushiki's soldiers, it would be great if the addons would compliment one another.

Arch.

Dunno about that kevlar improvement. Heard most vests even have trouble taking an AK round. And the idea of giving them HYK camo is elite, mentioned it earlier. It would be the ultimate thing that could happen in OFP right now.

Perhaps you could use the camo of hyakushiki's soldiers, it would be great if the addons would compliment one another.

Arch.

I couldn't agree more, that and it'd broaden it a bit, allowing Laser to have some Winter/Arctic units, plus all the other goodies in the Hyk pack, like the backpacks, tactical holsters and such.

Arch.

I couldn't agree more, that and it'd broaden it a bit, allowing Laser to have some Winter/Arctic units, plus all the other goodies in the Hyk pack, like the backpacks, tactical holsters and such.

Agreed again! Would be very cool if the 2 addons had the same Camo pattern & colors and would be great for a campaign. I have always noticed it is funny when infantry guys and SF guys who are supposedly from the same country in missions have extremely different camo patterns wink_o.gif.

My 600th post! Woohoo biggrin_o.gif!!

Looking good! I also agree that you should use the HYK camo.

whatever you guys do plz keep the jam and non jam

i love that

you have a choice of jam and no jam

smile_o.gif

pics?rock.gif??

also just for group cpp

RL operators are NCOs and COs only

there are only sergeants in delta force

i got this from

"bhd" by mark bowden

"Inside delta force" by sgt. eric haney

"delta force" by col. charlie beckwith

by im not sure about the PRESENT moment

This isn't really a rule, but more just an affect of the usual age of the applicants, and their length of time already in service.

It's also well known that anyone in the Army meeting the basic requirements can tryout for SFOD, usually applicants are Rangers and SF. And Rangers are often low-rank and quite young. SF of course, is typically made up of sergeants.

There's also likely to be lower-ranking officers and warrant officers as well.

But one thing that is steriotypical of "highspeed" units lke Delta, is that they tend to leave much of the military regulations, traditions and ranks at the door. They are all on first name basis, and it would not be completely unthinkable for a Ssgt, to tell a SFOD 1st Lt. that he was not just wrong, regarding an OPLAN, but might even call him a c@cksucker too. wink_o.gif

And it would be expected that the officer listen to why the SSgt. felt that way.

I can tell you that this is common with SEAL Team members as well, particularly those in DEVGRU. I had a good friend who was an ex-DEVGRU operator, killed in a bombing in Gaza, who told me this. My brother in AFSOC, says he's seen it too.

Personally, I prefer the look of the M60 Laser posted over the look of the INQ_M60. Laser's looks more "real" in my opinion. smile_o.gif

well... Laser's textures look more realistic, but the barrel is waaaay too thin, and the muzzle looks kind of strange, as well as the trigger area. INQ_M60 model looks a whole lot more "realistic". It just needs better textures to be perfect.

is this out yet?

Have you been in a coma  tounge_o.gif  because AFAIK it was released back in October.I can tell you that your missing out on some great units.

is this out yet?

Have you been in a coma  tounge_o.gif  because AFAIK it was released back in October.I can tell you that your missing out on some great units.

I think he means the M60, which AFAIK is not released yet.

yeh well the weapons side of it anyways , are the JAm units different to the normal ones??

yeh well the weapons side of it anyways , are the JAm units different to the normal ones??

other than the fact that they use JAM for ammo rock.gif

No.

A quick update.

Right now i'm negotiating with HYK on the camo subject, and hope the question will be soon resolved. After all, cooperation and unification is a good thing.

Yes, i will be including Arctic units in the pack... plus some winter camouflaged weapons (more like guns will be wrapped in snow-white overalls). I'm already working on an M21 and M14, though these will be a little bit more than retextured (with higher resolution textures) BIS models. In the end i'm hoping to get two sets of weapons, the ones modern troops use and these used in the 90's. The latter would include M21, M60, CAR-15 and maybe some more.

Are you going to retexture your desert-camo'd weapons?

Now theres no need to be cheeky  tounge_o.gif . Just my personal preferance but i don't like "camoed" weapons anyhow so i changed them all to normal versions. I hope i havn't made a big mistake because i've recently bought VBS1 and now i'm seeing some great units being updated  crazy_o.gif . Oh well more addons means more fun, or is that headaches  smile_o.gif .

Since laser is doing SOF weapon and units, there is actually a very good reason for camoed weapons. In RL SF camo their weapons almost all the time. In the desert especially, but I've also seen green camo for the jungle (on normal carbines, not just SPR's).

Like I posted some time before;

I hope the desert camo will look like the camo on the BAS weapons. Their weapons are outdated, but the camo is the best I've seen and blends in perfectly with the terrain and fits the desert BDU very well.

@Laser, there has been a real nice M14 pack released by a guy called DanAK47(search at www.ofp.info for the pack), so if you could use them it would drop your workload. Some CAR-15s would rock, cause there hasnt been a real good pack for 'em. Some variations, with and without aimpoint, silenced and non-silenced.

More weapons with the EOTech Holosights would be awesome. Especially an M-14, saw pics of 2nd Inf Div DMR's in Iraq that had Holosights attached to their -14's.

Dunno about that kevlar improvement. Heard most vests even have trouble taking an AK round. And the idea of giving them HYK camo is elite, mentioned it earlier. It would be the ultimate thing that could happen in OFP right now.

better than none

these units are meant to be leet

at least givem some chance in fighting not like the average black op guy or infantry

1 shot get killed

been playing with these guys and it seems they cant last a firefight 1 or two shots they die. bas deltas have armour their units rock, u can bring em in a gun fight and last longer.

these units need to be stronger, im really enjoying these units but we need body armour

the unit wears it, might aswell implement it

LASER'S SF PACK wear armour and cpp implentmented.

i just reckon body armour cpp is worth it.

as in real life kevlar will work most of the times or they wouldnt be wearing it in iraq, somalia, gulf war1 every single soldier wears it.

as for hyk camo, im all for it

its about time units from the same defence force wear the same camo.

bas delta armour:  

armor = 5;

armorStructural = 2.0;

armorHead = 0.7;

armorBody = 5.5;

armorHands = 0.5;

armorLegs = 0.5;

laser delta armour:        

armor=3.0;

armorStructural=2.1;

armorHead=0.8;

armorBody=2.1;

armorHands=0.5;

armorLegs=0.5;

laser delta armour deset:

armor=5;

armorStructural=2.0;

armorHead=0.7;

armorBody=5.5;

armorHands=0.5;

armorLegs=0.5;

desert has armour 5 but wood doesnt? was woodland cpp meant to be armour 5?

and bas delta and laser desert delta have same armour cpp.

kevlar vests are really meant to protect the soldier from shrapnel and such, varying from distance and calibre they can take several MG and rifle rounds too. I like what E&S did with their marines, you start bleeding, and need help fast if the injury is serious enough. More addons should have that.

About the extra armor, for the body ok, but not for the head arms and legs. Dont want some CS like engine, taking 20 rounds and live to tell about it.