Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

Gosh, I can do with some hellp here. I accidently deleted my West units folder, so all my west units are deleted.

That would normally be fine because I allways make CD back ups, but the last one I made look outdated.

This is what is say in the readme.

Quote[/b] ]United States 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta Force ver. 1.00

An Operation Flashpoint: Resistance addon

Notice the version and date are about the same anywhere I seen it.

Should that be the latest version?

An the weapons is on version 1.25?

Thanks in advance.

@CERO.

The more I hear Marines in OFP the less respect I have for them some folks seem to honestly give them a bad name they don't deserve.  The people moaning for spec oops forces for every era, are no better.  =P   Be nice if Laser could finish what he is currently working on than be pestered to make something new.  Hell his units are nice, but most of them are currently 'broken' now do the upteen updates, never see them used in MP missiosn due to that cause nobody even has the correct verssions, and still ends up using BAS.  Some compatabliity thing be nice so the weapons packs don't break the soldier units.

What the heck is that?!! mad_o.gif

Who the heck is still using BAS anyway? crazy_o.gif

And why can't you download the correct version of Laser's US Special Forces??? There's only ONE version of them so far - it shouldn't be too hard to find...

And what's "upteen update"? - you know bro.. you might want to rephrase that. Were you thinking about HYK US infantry or something? smile_o.gif

Pretty much adding to what Ranger44 and Bobcatt666 have said, to all those who have just started posting and are already demanding(?) addon makers to create units that have already been done before, while they are still in the process of upgrading their previous work for the benefit of the community I have listed several examples of units already done that have been requested by several newcomers to the forums.  Just a little note to those who nag (not ask politey, but yes nag), but do not create a single contribution...don't.

Whenever I read posts like this one, I always think about dogs... they are so smart

Well, ask yourself - did that sound offensive?

I've checked my posts and everything else other players had said about new marines - nobody demands anything.

That is why I am pretty sure that it was your post that was a bit insulting. mad_o.gif

Think before you post something or face the consequences.

Well, ask yourself - did that sound offensive?

I've checked my posts and everything else other players had said about new marines - nobody demands anything.

That is why I am pretty sure that it was your post that was a bit insulting.  mad_o.gif

Think before you post something or face the consequences.

Quote[/b] ]§1)No Flaming/Flame-baiting

Abusive comments, personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the board or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate. Flame-baiting is also not tolerated, flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response.

from forum rules...

so... is there another version or I got the latest?

I thought Laser released an update around Christmas.

Regards.

@CERO.

Flaming in addon discussion threads is pathetic, anyone doing so should be ashamed of themselves, if you don't have anything constructive to add then don't post, bitching about why something is or isn't released, bitching about who is making or not making something is without doubt the worst example of the bad in this community.

If someone is working on something then respect that, if you can't then don't post, people will release something when they're ready, or not release something, that's their prerogative. Bitching whining and complaining will result in less addons made, and if it keeps going on no access to post.

If members don't start speaking to each other politely, asking questions politely, making comments politely then some people are going to have to go.

Regards.

@CERO.

Yes you have the latest.

Laser did not update the Delta's, he updated the Rangers. The weapons will be 1.25, because the 1.25 weapon pack replaces the old one smile_o.gif

Delta's v1.00:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6827

Rangers v1.50, weapons v1.25:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7236

btw; thanks for the on-topic and non-flaming post, Cero wink_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

Yes you have the latest.

Laser did not update the Delta's, he updated the Rangers. The weapons will be 1.25, because the 1.25 weapon pack replaces the old one  smile_o.gif

Delta's v1.00:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6827

Rangers v1.50, weapons v1.25:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7236

Thanks for the reply mate, you just saved me some bloody hours of seraching.

The updated units I must be thinking about must be the ORCS Russian infantry, for some reason I get tiled up with this so different but great addons.

Quote[/b] ]btw; thanks for the on-topic and non-flaming post, Cero wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif Thanks mate, if you only knew the rest... never mind.

Regards.

@CERO.

OK, now, ppl, calm down smile_o.gif

Here's my 2 cents: there isn't going to be "uncompatible" versions of my addons anymore. Updates will be backwards compatible with previous version.

Here's a couple of new pics... fresh from the production line. Hope you like it.

lsrdelta90016ac.jpg

lsrdelta90022io.jpg

AWESOME!!!! Can't wait for these guys. I think the usage of the Hyk's camo allied with you ability to make great, detailed and accurate models are a huge winner.

Wow Laser thanks for those pictures, I see the units are coming along very nicely. Just a question regarding the first picture, is that M723 with the M68CCO going to be able to use the standard BIS M16 magazines? Thanks

that's fantastic laser, but one question: do those guys really have that flag on their chest, looks like a target for their enemy tounge_o.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

damn, they're hot wow_o.gif Respect Laser smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I think we all can't wait to have them on our HDs biggrin_o.gif

'nuff said biggrin_o.gif

@Tomislav

If you're really into finding out info and wanting to see some nice pictures of 1st SFOD-D check out a book by Fred J. Pushies. Some pictures in his book are also found at militaryphoto.net

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/USSOCOM_Training/ubb?full=1

The image above is something comparable to those provided by Laser.

Tomislav has right.

It should be dark red and white.

wow_o.gif AWESOME!!

About the flag;

Yes, they sometimes use a full-color US flag on their chest (can be removed since it's attached with velcro). Even in the Udai-Kusai shootout you could see SOF's with color-flags on their chest.

Just like the black vests these are for intimidating-purposes in a CQB situation. They want to be seen and recogniced as US SF's. They hope the 'enemy' won't attack them, but just consider it pointless and surrender. Sounds stupid, but in Somalia it most often worked. On ship-boardings it's also used.

When fighting insurgents in Iraq however, you won't see them with flags like this. The purpose is lost, since those guys will fight and try to kill you.

those delta boys are definitly going in to my addons folder and will be used a lot (the thing i would like to see worked on is the medic capability of the delta's the last version when in combat and player as delta the other troops came to visit me after they got wounded resulting in me getting killed by the enemy just because all other troops are comming to my secret position to steal blood from me what do i look like ?? a bloodbank ?? )

keep up the good work laser and maybe we will build a memorial in ofp 2 to remember you for ever

tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Those are the early SFOD-D units he's showing. The IR Strobe flags weren't used in the early nineties.

As a personal preference I've always thought the early 90's look with the colored American flag on a black vest looked really cool. Intimidating, as said above.

The level of detail on those units is really impressive.

Very high quality work, as usual icon14.gif

Am i mistaken by my old eyes, or those soldiers have new head models ?