Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

Outstanding quality Blackblood!

Thanks a lot.

Excellent work Blackblood, it looks real nice.

Finally we will have some decent SAS units.

I suspect those configurations for the gear can be set for each specific unit so i can have an 8-man squad will guys who all look different?

Right. I may have been mumbling too much...I'll make an attempt to clarify things.

The word "option" in the same sentence as "randomized units" is very misleading since you have little or no option to change the result.

Here goes:

- unit called "SAS" in the editor :Is NOT random. No eventhandlers, no scripts, no nothing. (default look, Shemagh and gasmask pouch on. Shortsleeved.)

- unit called "_SAS" in the editor : IS random. Init-eventhandler triggers "initSAS_rnd.sqs". That means if you put four "_SAS" units in the editor, they will look different from one another.

- unit called "_SAS (boonie)" in the editor : Almost like the above. ALL is random BUT the boonie hat. It stays on. (Good for human players because of the graphical bug inside vehicles.)

...and here comes the big however:

ALL units - scripted or not -  has a menu item called "[-WEAR-N-GEAR-]".*

It includes:

- Goggles/Shem. ON/OFF (animates Goggles AND gives fully wrapped shemagh. Boonie units gets the option "GOGGLES ON/OFF" instead)

- Goggles OFF. (Only turns up when the above action's been used in order to KEEP shemagh and ONLY remove goggles)

- Sleeves up/down option (because of user made animations not looking very sexy in the wrist-to-hand area)**

- Use morphine (+0.25 heal, one shot per unit).

I am fiddling with a "custom unit". A blank template guy if you will. Trying different approaches on how to implement it in the most userfriendly way. I'm open for suggestions.

xpl0gr.jpg

compare0oq.th.jpg

...the wrist issue will never be 100% satisfactory with the current OFP engine. In the words of the mighty Hetfield: "Sad but true".

Allright i see.

For mission use, i know the SAS can get any weapon they want, but what is most common for them to use in a desert environment? M4A1? G-36? C7? And I'm especially wondering about sniper rifles and are there any good ofp version out of those sniper rifles.

Allright i see.

For mission use, i know the SAS can get any weapon they want, but what is most common for them to use in a desert environment? M4A1? G-36? C7? And I'm especially wondering about sniper rifles and are there any good ofp version out of those sniper rifles.

RKSL released a L96A1 and a L115 sniper rifle a while back. Both are used by the British Army. You can DL it at ofp.info

With regards to the salute, We Brits salute with a open palm facing out

These look brilliant! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]With regards to the salute, We Brits salute with a open palm facing out

Damn Straight! tounge_o.gif

Nice work BB wink_o.gif

sim

well considering that they are the sas i assume they could use whatever they wanted

but i guess that the c7 or probobly the c8 would work better in the desert compared to the m4...it doesent like the sand wink_o.gif

which is why you shouldent put the ak-47 or 74 out of the picture, you can basicly through sand in the open breech and then fire them without a problem. pretty kick ass in my opinoun

I believe the SAS uses the diemaco C8.

If only there was a mod team around that could make a desert camo C8 with M203...*hint* *hint* *nudge*

they use whatever they want wink_o.gif

If only there was a mod team around that could make a desert camo C8 with M203...*hint* *hint* *nudge*

hehe, I don't if my modleader would do this.

But we do have c8's with grenadelaunchers in the Diemaco pack.

And the ADF mod mused Earls M4's to create desert camo M4's with grenadelauncers and Elcan sights. But it's not the extremely ugly Diemaco mount for the M203

Quote[/b] ]they use whatever they want wink_o.gif

They actually use what they are told to use wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]they use whatever they want   wink_o.gif

They actually use what they are told to use wink_o.gif

not going to start another pointless argument on this topic tounge_o.gif but in so many words, they use what they want, as long as they can get their hands on it... although i know some1 who'd be a better one to explain who choses what they use - i certainly know its pretty much up to the guys themselves what they see fit to use, as long as it fits with the IC's plans

I was just going by what I've read and been told... well we'll never know unless one of us becomes SAS tounge_o.gif

Back ON TOPIC: Any updates? biggrin_o.gif

Thanx all for the kind words, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside...

Wait and you will be rewarded...

Release date: when I stop manhandling these units with my greasy hands.

Point of no return date (releasing as is, because my limited time will get even more limited by then): February 7

...and ofcourse if the odds are in my favour you will get an earlier release.  xmas_o.gif

hehe great!

Because it's after feb7 that I get more spare time, instead of less  wink_o.gif

But I do hope you can finish them as you wanted them to be. It would be a pitty to release something that's not really finished in your eyes.

they look uber 1337 to me with those menu actions i hope u keep thos becuase those are great ideas and those will be awesome to play with cant wait great looking job onthe units bb great job wink_o.gif

blues.gifblues.gif