Sign in to follow this  
denoir

Hostage cownapped by militants

There is graffiti art, and graffiti vandalism. the former is when the artist has gotten permission and has a meaningful cause behind doing it, the latter is just doing it for the sake of looking cool.

This, to me, falls in between. Besides this is probably just a harmless bit of fun, so that they can get media attention.

It's funny if they aren't serious. Then they better put the cow back, somewhere in the city.

It's just ridiculous if they're serious.

Whether they are art students or not, I don't know. But those big, bushy, black eyebrows look too angry to belong to two art students.

So... they kidnapped one from the Art Exhibit, but is this like McDonald's "i'm lovin' it" campaign? (note the terrible grammar)

You know, spray paint the logos all over the city and annoy people, but instead, place cow-statuets all over? Man, if I were to pass a cow each morning on the way to school, I'd be completely nuts! (I'm half-way there, I completed DOOM3! ;-))

Yes these videos do exist.  sad_o.gif

I was looking for something different and found a video but the name made me suspect something sick. I made my friend watch it and he said its okay and the fool I am I watched it too.

In the video chechen militants cut the throat of a russian soldier. Its not one of those crappy quality videos shot from a mile away. At the first theres just someones head in the screen and the next second boot is pressed to his head and someone sticks a knife just under his chin.

I was like:  rock.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

I almost threw up and had real troube sleeping as the image was burned into my brain. Call me a wuss but that was the most awfull thing I have ever seen in my life.

Looks like I wasn't the only one to accidently find that video crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

In Venice, Florida, their are things like these cows, but they are pigs around the streets. I went and saw them while i was on holiday their a few weeks ago, they looked really good (and their's about 40 in all), but i can't say these cows look particuly great, and not so fun. I mean the cows just look like a paint-by-numbers canvas to me.

Pig Pic

In Adelaide a few years ago, the city council commissioned these bronze pigs in Rundle Mall, the main shopping precinct and put them mainly next to bins. I like them, and consider them as good art.

rundle_mall_pig.jpg

If they were painted in gaudy 'hey look at me, aren't I distasteful!' colours, my opinion of them would not be positive.

I'm with Ozanzac here.

The cows are a plague spreading across the world and they must be stopped! To arms!

There were a fair number of these fibreglass cows in Calgary, Alberta. Dunno if there are still some there, I remember seeing one in a shopping mall not too long ago. Some of them were actually well done, and since Calgary is almost like Texas (So I hear) about the Beef thing, I was fine with it. First time I saw one, I thought it was a bit of a clever advertisement as there was a cow in a Chef's hat across the street from a steakhouse. Well, not so clever but somewhat... dunno the word I'm looking for.

With what Ozanzac said, if they were painted in the "Gaudy Hey Look At Me I'm a Fibreglass Acid-Trip" colours, I'd hate them a lot more. And some of them were painted in such a scheme. I think the majority of them have been removed now, auctioned off or somewhat, and the remainder have been put in high-traffic areas so they're less likely to be "Tagged" with a bat - this has happened before in a part of Downtown, had a Cow's head taken off with a bat and put in the middle of an intersection.

"Artistic Statement" read the newspaper...

To me these guys are just milking the press and all this will turn out to be a load of bull.

crazy_o.gif You really deserve a perm ban for such obscene usage of puns biggrin_o.gif

hehe i had a feeling something like this would happen sooner or later to be honest i wouldnt really call them art though i think most modern art is rubbish, this incedent reminds of people kid napping garden gnomes tounge_o.gif

hehe i had a feeling something like this would happen sooner or later to be honest i wouldnt really call them art though i think most modern art is rubbish, this incedent reminds of people kid napping garden gnomes tounge_o.gif

ROFLMAO.........A favourite pastime during my early adolescent years!

We usually moved them into the victim’s neighbour’s front yards, or placed them on the outside of the property looking in. Not much harm done! Then they started concreting them into the ground & super gluing them with solid objects. That’s where the novelty wore off.

On the subject of art...

The Scream Stolen in Broad Daylight

Quote[/b] ]OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's police are seeking to nail down the motive behind the theft of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" amid criticism that Oslo's museum security has been too lax after gunmen stole the picture in a dramatic daylight raid.

Any news regarding the hostage? Have they acted on the threat yet?

I just got back from Prague... beautiful city...

Quote[/b] ]they had holes in them so assumed they were some kind of attractive rubbish bins

Placebo... You too!!! smile_o.gif

LMAO  biggrin_o.gif

here's a mirror

http://denoir.ma.cx/ofp/nocow.mov

LOL! tounge_o.gif

I'm gonna be giggling for weeks everytime I see a cow or an example of bad modern arts.

I especially loved the end part. The firing of the weapons into the air. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah the shooting in the air part is by far the best biggrin_o.gif

When i grow up i wanne be just like those guys... hell i'm already more or less like them!!

I used to kidnap my sister her dolls and tie a rope around their neck. Then i'd hang the poor teddy bear or doll in my sister her room...

Boy she loved my special surprises!