Sign in to follow this  
Badassdom

military photography

Yea the Chechens are really kicking the russian's asses...

WTF? yay.gif

Very nice and touching pictures you posted, Sluganda. Really conveys some strong emotions. The last two in particular.

Wow, it must have taken a hard stomage and cool head to go there. A good amount of courage I'd say huh.gif

Very nice pics.

006.jpg

Men in a shot-up Volkswagen Golf car prepare to depart after delivering a wounded man to City Hospital during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, August 1992.

043.jpg

A Bosnian Serb militia man watches as people leave the Bosnian Serb-held suburb of Grbavica and cross the Bratstvo i Jedinstvo Most (Brotherhood and Unity bridge) and enter Sarajevo during the final days of the division of the city, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, February 1996.

033.jpg

Bosnian soldiers pray at the Begova Mosque during the final days of the division of the city, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, January 1996.

This s a series of 5 box brownies taken of RAAF B-25 Mitchell raid on Japanese boats (luv the camo) WWII New Guinea.

Photo's from lead craft, second B-25 just gone through out of pic, third coming in top right.

B25-11.jpg

B25-12.jpg

B25-13.jpg

B25-14.jpg

B25-15.jpg

Stats 2 boats detroyed one badly damaged.

Photographs courtesy of Group Capt. Colquheran and remain property of WO. Jacobsen.

In the third pic, it looks like a bomber managed to get caught in it's own bomb blast - you can see it tumbling and in the fourth pic it looks like it's impacting on the water.

... personaly this one is mine favourite, its

OT M-60 with NRZ 57mm UB-32 taken form MIG-21

used by Serbian forces during war in Bosnia.

war1.jpg

M84 (Serbian modification of russian T-72) destroyed on Kosovo 1999

m84-54.jpg

M84 hit by `Armbrust`, Borovo Selo, august 1991

gt-35.JPG

some medic truck

war-15.JPG

and a tractor to become ... ammm ... huh.gif

war-18.JPG

very cool shots during Belgrade military parade 2005 (M84AB) biggrin_o.gif

omj-3.JPG

this page has a lot of good pics of destroyed Serbian armor during Bosnian war in 90s, 1998/99 Kosovo crisis, and NATO campaign 1999. (lots of T55s, T72s, BRDMs and M84s)

armor cementary

Belgrade WWII museum (Albert was there some time ago)

WWII vehicles

Hellfish6

Quote[/b] ]In the third pic, it looks like a bomber managed to get caught in it's own bomb blast - you can see it tumbling and in the fourth pic it looks like it's impacting on the water.

Thats the story conveyed to me. The B-25s were renowned for their very low strikes.

The impression I get is that its the previous B-25s bombs that take out that B-25.

close ups

japboat.jpg

b25closeup.jpg

B25final.jpg

complete tail section and starboard wing in centre of pic

Guest Ti0n3r

Sluganda, very good photos.

My grandfather was a crewman on USAAF B-25s out of Port Moresby in the war. My dad has the squadron's post-war souvenier photo album, but I can't for the life of me remember the unit. All I remember is that they had a pirate theme going.

... http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0302/images/sarajevo/006.jpg

Men in a shot-up Volkswagen Golf car prepare to depart after delivering a wounded man to City Hospital during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, August 1992. ...

Actually the car is not VW Golf but Yugo Koral 45 (Notice the lock, rear view mirrors and general shape of the vehicle). But who cares, nice pics anyways.

Time for the 'Chicks with guns' thread again? rofl.gif

Edit: ups, just saw these posts were from june... anyways. Wouldn't mind having THAT thread revived! biggrin_o.gif

catkuba watch your filesizes please.

Here's some photos from my hd taken during my military service in FDF. Was bored and took few pics of my squad's room.

Int01.jpg

Note that some of the beds are definately not made properly. whistle.gif

Int02.jpg

My closet, also in very mint condition. crazy_o.gif

Int03.jpg

Neighbour pioneer company doing an inventory check-up.

Int04.jpg

Sako RK95 inlove.giftounge2.gif

Yuck.. inventory. Those things always sucked, especially if you lost stuff all the time (like me). Interesting to see how common some things are across all countries and armies. smile_o.gif

yeah... we usually did that before we went out in the field, in the middle of the field exercise and when we got home....

sucked to do it in the field when we had 50cm snow or it was raining like crasy...