Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

And that's it, I've sent the mail with the new version to Lt. Hunter. Finally, the weight is off my shoulders. Now back to taking over the world digitally.

Funny was playing MP with combat in chopper vs chopper mission on 1.6 with the default birds and actually got to see this working fully. I can say it makes a new impressin on the game after getting the tail rotor blasted off at least once, and fighting to limp a crippled hind d back to he airbase as its flight capabilites stedilly declined in flight till catching fire and crashing into the ground as the engines failed. only 30 meters from reaching my repair area. In MP it was great, cause players often trigger more of the features. The large explossions are rather nice including the fire trails that are launched when a fuel or ammo truck is destroyed.

I normally dislike MP missions, thanks for making it a bit better for the real troops.

1.7 should be great..

1.7 installed, all of the sebnam helos now are infected with all the fx, prop wash, tail rotor failure, firey explossions and burn effects.

A script error is displayed when they cross over water at about 30 meters altitude, but the water does show propwash effects. aircraws used to scan around turning their heads which seemed to vastly improve their bad flying capabilites. tipping the skill scale and moving their postions for take off stopped the sudden number of mid air crashes on departure.

Other than the bots usual refusal to return to formation near the end of the mission leading half the chooper squadron away on test number four.

Noticed a mild dust fx when the choppers are landed and engines shut down, they still generate a faint dust cloud dispite the engine is shut down, and the chopper is empty. Its really really faint have to get close to the monitor to see it.

sebnamuh1h-01.jpg

image supplied showing the error message.

Also ramdom flashing you can sometimes miss it too busy watching your six.

After ten extreamely nasty missions over Nagova with a few dozen hueys against RF and NVA units thats about all I can rreally find that might require attention.

My mild suggestion to the next update is as follows.

chopper and aircraft start up scripts like the DKM havoc has or WGL uses, just maybe not as long and complex as WGLs with the option to switch it off. Even if it be a great thing to slow down guys who instantly scramble a helo in MP missions.. and kill you as your respawning.

Rotor touque overload/overrev. this is a problem caused if you gun the engine faster than the rotors can keep up and blow the engine or shear the main rotor blades. Or the blades shatter causing the engine to spin out of control and explode.

Add the pilot start up animation from the the AIRwolf mod 500D, default start up and shut down sounds. Almost all choppers in OFP are powered by jetengine turbine. Some of the warning buzzers and sounds commly used in the DKM choppers. So if you have to bail out you can at least hear the warning buzzers. Before hitting the silk or watching the ground rush up to your windshield.

Chopper taxi capabilities, the DKM helos can taxi on the runways, Even on a few occassions managed landing on runways like a plane in the Mi28N has to be done very carefully, the apache and Blackhawk hind and other helos with tires instead of skids should beable to land that way as well.

Large explosive aircraft deaths in midair missile kills as the burning wreakage falls to earth. Not seen any on 1.7 yet, 1.6 it was still very random. Wasn't sure if it was a product in the addon.

The errors you're experiencing is related to the SEBNAM choppers, I've seen it on them, too. Nothing I can do about it. Sorry.

Its nothing major mearly reporting it in just incase it hasn't, I love em all over again. Was running through most of the 3rd party addons to see what was effected by the mod and not. the US stuff ran well even suffered tail rotor failures. Most of the east stuff very hevilly armored to begin with most everything used the exhaust scripts, and the launcher smoke, and propwash scripts, failed to manage to get any of the easte side helos to tailrotor failure. Did manage to cause damage to one and force it to land, the engine exploded after it caught fire hovering in a landing postion and crashed. so that worked a number of the hinds based off of CLSAs didn't work that way and the RHS and DKM havocs had their one scripting override, but zero error message.

Seems good, no ctds I was having a few CTDs with it and the new MCAr 2.5 but think its naowed down to something else.. An elusive bug of sorts.

Well, the Russian choppers have the exhaust effects, too. It's just harder to see as they're of a bigger and more space assuming design.

Great, the old BW-Mod Huey is working now with 1.7!!

Hueybrennt.jpg

You are doing a fantastic job, this is my favorite effects mod!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Try it in MP its so cool, waiting for the combat server to update to 1.7 we have a few missions with a lot of the bas and other helos used for the east side. gonna run to see if the airwolf mod helos take the mod at this moment and compile a listing of what works and doesn't.

so far most of the 3rd party choppers work, only west side choppers will use the tail rotor failure scripts. kinda nice due to a lot of DKMs rotor wing stuff is really great but requires mild reworking for mp missions..

Well, the explosions were a bit tricky to implement at first, so it's a somewhat, well, "oudated" feature. But it's more of a general effect, not specific to the type of shell... but I'll look into it.

Anyway, I, along with you all, will be playing Half-Life 2 tomorrow and for some time, so I won't be working on the mod for at least a pair of weeks. But one of the new features of 1.8 will be damage scripts for planes. Fire and smoke from either one of the engines, or fire in both of the engines, depending on the damage value.

While letting the airwolf mod chopper duke it out over nagova this thing poped up several times. only once durring the mission you click it it goes away

flashfxerror-01.jpg

I was using some of TBM units to support the resistance side.

Funny is the screen was frozen but you could still look around..

While letting the airwolf mod chopper duke it out over nagova this thing poped up several times.   only once durring the mission you click it it goes away

[im]http://img111.exs.cx/img111/3305/flashfxerror-01.jpg[/img]

I was using some of TBM units to support the resistance side.  

Funny is the screen was frozen but you could still look around..

whos the bird in the chopper.. smile_o.gif

and also this is much better than the first release biggrin_o.gif it seems to work better on my com biggrin_o.gif

another problem....

on 3rd party choppers: (once engine is started up)

tr8.th.jpg

on default choppers (and on 3rd party ones before engine startup):

WHY.th.jpg

why?!!!??!! sad_o.gif

Very strange, I would expecct if the AH-1w is VITs it might cause an error message, its got heavy stripts implimented on it. Defualt ones no clue, nothing like that is generated on my end and I have the oddest computer in the addonmakers guild. Double check the installaion folders of the mod. Two it is _not_ compatable with any other mod, don't even trying running with FDF or CLSA mod..

The bird in the little bird I can't remember her name was one of PC's addons that produces special agents and other intersting things for the civilian and resistance side, might also be from the vampire mods I got part of the units from that.

bye bye WWII mod sad_o.gif

is there a way to keep the addons plus config but not the mod itself?

I've seen the "this select 0" error before... it was a bug introduced in... 1.4 I think, had to upload a fixed release to fix it. Are you sure you're running 1.7? rock.gif

Anyway, there are some other mods that this mod is incompatible with. I don't think there's much I can do about it. FYI, in the days I've been testing 1.7, I have come across no such bugs, so it must be compatability related...

I've seen the "this select 0" error before... it was a bug introduced in... 1.4 I think, had to upload a fixed release to fix it.

I think that was 1.2, because that is the only version I have ever uploaded a fixed version for wink_o.gif

I've seen the "this select 0" error before... it was a bug introduced in... 1.4 I think, had to upload a fixed release to fix it. Are you sure you're running 1.7? rock.gif

Anyway, there are some other mods that this mod is incompatible with. I don't think there's much I can do about it. FYI, in the days I've been testing 1.7, I have come across no such bugs, so it must be compatability related...

sad_o.gif    ohh well, I would give up the FDF mod for FlashFX... smile_o.gif

too bad.

PS

Quote[/b] ]sexy fuel station explosions

GTW....I think you might be a bit Too obsessed with OFP! tounge_o.gif

Okay: QUESTION!!! the big splash effect for crashing in the water works, but only on AI controled planeS? WHY?

my fFlashfx don't word ik have installed the addons in my addon folder and the pack that i needed but he still gives the standard stuf

my fFlashfx don't word ik have installed the addons in my addon folder and the pack that i needed but he still gives  the standard stuf

You need to make a Flashpoint.EXE shortcut, and then add

"-mod=FlashFX -nomap" in the Target Box in the propeties of the icon. (with out quotes) Should look like this: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=FlashFX -nomap