Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Hi guys, I'm having some major problems with DXDLL. I have tried basically every solution that I can think of to get this working with my system. Nothing works. When I load up the game with DXDLL in the OFP dir all that happens is a small black screen appears at the top left hand corner of my monitor. The little taskbar icon pops up on the bottom of the screen and then it just all closes down. It doesnt even load OFP. I had llaumax dir in there, took it out..didnt work. Fiddled around with all the settings in DXDLL, nothing. I tried every solution to the problems that I have been able to read on here, and nothing works. I've tried multiple installs with no addons installed... sad_o.gif

My system is no slouch:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3200+ (2.2Ghz 512Kb Cache) @2.4Ghz

Motherboard: ASUS K8V SE Deluxe K8T800

RAM: 1024Mb DDR400 PC3200 XMSLL (Corsair-2x512Mb)

Video: Powercolor Radeon X800Pro VIVO (Softmod X800XT PE)@515/1110

Soundcard: SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

I've tried all the AGP fixes, such as AGP 4x and 32, 64, 128, 256 aperture sizes and run my system with no overclocking. Have all the latest updates and patches for my hardware. Please help me, if there is something I've missed, or you need more info, please ask !!!!!!  crazy_o.gif

you might have read this but are you running any antialising as that caused problems for me and everything started working alright once i switched it off

No, AA and AF are both off. Most games I've played lately have built in AA and AF choices so I dont bother setting them outside games.

Thats one thing I havent done yet. I will try that after work tomorrow. I gotta hit the hay. Please keep posting questions or any answers to my problem, I will get back on tomorrow. Thankyou in advance !!

@Ballistic

Have you tried Omega drivers ??

After installing omega drivers in my computer dxdll started working smoothly.

I even got rid of that annoying flashing texture problem. Even the latest Catalyst drivers didn't work for me.

I have Ati Radeon 9700.

Can you make a FAQ whith answers to most popular problems in dxdll? It would help many people...

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/ppOn_full.jpg

That has AA doesnt it? So its not Dxdll which makes any sort of AA or AF void.

As far as i can see, there is NO FSAA on this screenshot, look at the jagged edges on the trees for instance..

Some jaggers are attenuated by the glare effects, thats what one might confuse with some AA.

(oh and there's the jpeg destructive compression too ;) )

@ Aug. 24 2004,10:40)]
http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/flashpoint/screenshots/ppOn_full.jpg

That has AA doesnt it? So its not Dxdll which makes any sort of AA or AF void.

As far as i can see, there is NO FSAA on this screenshot, look at the jagged edges on the trees for instance..

Some jaggers are attenuated by the glare effects, thats what one might confuse with some AA.

(oh and there's the jpeg destructive compression too ;)  )

I saw that too, though I was presuming it could have just been a lower graphics setting. smile_o.gif

Thanks anyway...interesting problem. Shiny Reflective waters and realistic graphics, or FSAA and AF. wink_o.gif

Shiny Reflective waters and realistic graphics, or FSAA and AF.  wink_o.gif

You can have reflective waters AND AA/AF.

It's just the postprocessing that does not work with AA.

Turn it off and use as much AA and AF your computer can handle.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Dont know if anyone can help me here but..

well i got it working with the reflections and stuff then i come on it next day and they dont work anymore.. App and U ( which removes the scope and stuff) also doesnt work.. i reinstalled the dxdll and ecerything but no look can anyone help me out? thanks

Shiny Reflective waters and realistic graphics, or FSAA and AF.  wink_o.gif

You can have reflective waters AND AA/AF.

It's just the postprocessing that does not work with AA.

Turn it off and use as much AA and AF your computer can handle.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Thank you. smile_o.gif Big help MFG lee. I'll be sure to thank you when I am above shiny waters blowing apart Resistance members. wink_o.gif

@Ballistic

Have you tried Omega drivers ??

After installing omega drivers in my computer dxdll started working smoothly.

I even got rid of that annoying flashing texture problem. Even the latest Catalyst drivers didn't work for me.

I have Ati Radeon 9700.

Well, after getting my pc up and running again after a format, I tried the Omega drivers and they work just great !! Thanks for the suggestion and help ! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I tried the Omega drivers and they work just great !! Thanks for the suggestion and help !

Not a big deal... just thought it could be worth trying... and  that's why this forum for in a first place, i think.

Quote[/b] ]I tried the Omega drivers and they work just great !! Thanks for the suggestion and help !

Not a big deal... just thought it could be worth trying... and  that's why this forum for in a first place, i think.

What are Omega drivers? As i get the same problem as Ballistic, but my graphics card is an 'Intel Extreme Graphics Controller' (you can tell from the name it's top quality...).

This thing is working great for me, however the only thing I'd like to fix is all the textures through out the game seems to be blurry. For example the textures on the buildings and the trees look more blurry, the ground has lost it's detail.

Is there a setting for this, I've checked the readme file.

I'm running a Gforce4600 Ti

Never mind, it seems it’s the Post processing that is causing this.

Man it makes the sky look better and certain textures are improved but other textures seem to blur.

What doses Post process do anyway?

Either way, I love this dll, now I can acctuly have real looking water missions!