Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

US Army gets new combat uniform

how original of them....first the chair force(air force) wants to jump on the Marine Corps band wagon..now the army...goes to the saying..ARMY (Ain't REAL Marines Yet)...lol  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Black is no longer useful on the uniform because it is not a color found in woodland areas, Myhre said. The current colors on the ACU are green and sandy brown. The pattern is not a 100-percent solution in every environment, Mhyre said, but a good solution across the board.

This is strange, they don't mention Urban and show pics of it in the article crazy_o.gif

Official Army Link

Redliner, there is the link. smile_o.gif

M-My

A-Ass

R-Rides

I-In

N-Navy

E-Equipment

M-my

A-Assault

R-Role

I-Is

N-Non

E-Existant

biggrin_o.gif

LOL...never heard the second one before... 1 point for the redliner lol biggrin_o.gif all in good fun

M-My

A-Ass

R-Rides

I-In

N-Navy

E-Equipment

M-my

A-Assault

R-Role

I-Is

N-Non

E-Existant

biggrin_o.gif

M- Muscles

A- Are

R- Required

I- Intellegence

N- Not

E- Expected

Gawd that new US Army camouflage is HIDEOUS!!!

US Woodland all the way!! unclesam.gif

IMO .. MARPAT is the best looking digital camouflage pattern.

No, if you would have read the article, you would have seen the quote:

http://www4.army.mil/news/article.php?story=6042

"Three different versions of the ACU have been developed"

This is from someone who has actually seen the uniforms in action.

Quote[/b] ]I got to see a demo with this last week. It is actually really, really cool close up, and the camo is extremely effective. Its utility is really unbeatable...everything actually works, including the velcro stuff. For once the Army listened to exactly what its soldiers wanted and gave it to them in spades.

hmm i stand corrected, i wish they had made it a bit more clear for simpletons like me biggrin_o.gif

Sorry if this is an old topic, but i'm wearing a pair right now as i type this, but are nothing like those ugly things in that picture, and are called CCU's, for Close Combat Uniform. They are very comfortable and fit quite nicley, the pockets are alot more accessible, and which comes in handy for an engineer like me who carries m-81's in his shoulder pocket, my vest doesn't get in the way anymore. The velcro patches look kinda retarded at first, but you get used to it. I say give em a chance, they look better in desert then they do green, trust me.

how's the Velcro doing in sandy environment ?

nice to see you there Pins btw smile_o.gif

I haven't seen a single pic of the desert version...

Pins, has your brigade been moved out of Baghdad to the Mosul area or am I misinformed? Stay safe, anyway. wink_o.gif

I haven't seen a single pic of the desert version...

Pins, has your brigade been moved out of Baghdad to the Mosul area or am I misinformed? Stay safe, anyway. wink_o.gif

If you check the Iraq thread page 211 you can find all about where my brigade is crazy_o.gif

And the velcro works fine. And just to clear things up, not all of iraq is desert. Actually, there are alot of beautfiul sights in the country, its a shame what surrounds them though. sad_o.gif

Man that uniform looks like the uniform to Starship Troopers. I hope i dont where then when i leave to the Army this coming tuesday.

you better be 11B son, heh

any idea what schools you want to go through after Basic and MOS training?

you better be 11B son, heh

any idea what schools you want to go through after Basic and MOS training?

Amen! I went to OSUT with 1/19th Infantry in lovely Fort Benning. And if he doesn't have a contract saying what schools he's going to now, he'll probably have to wait until he reenlists to get a slot (like Airborne, Ranger, etc.)

yeah, contracts are a pain in the ass to get, im lucky I got my ranger option 40 when I did  biggrin_o.gif

11b's.... smile_o.gif The only MOS you can fail the test and still get in as....hehehe....I shouldn't talk because 12B need only BARELY pass to get in. Seems like my 108 GT score is a waste sad_o.gif

rock.gif GREAT

So the marines have MARPAT, the airforce goes back to vietnam with their crap-looking tigerstripe and now the army has this russian looking MARPAT copy....

I must see the woodland-cammo before I judge it, though. Could be quite nice, but personally I think I would have left the army and joined the marines tounge_o.gif

the airforce goes back to vietnam with their crap-looking tigerstripe

Haha, BLUE tigerstripe. biggrin_o.gif That's hilarious, they look like the Russians from...Rambo II.

the airforce goes back to vietnam with their crap-looking tigerstripe

Haha, BLUE tigerstripe. biggrin_o.gif That's hilarious, they look like the Russians from...Rambo II.

the "blue" tigerstripe the USAF is going to use strongly reminds me of the S.T.U. one of their representative salesman proposed to me and a whole lot of other people i know hehe

Swat Tactical Uniform

tacticaltigerlayout.jpg

smile_o.gif

Hmmmm... I don't really like it, incoherent with my opinion - Kind of looks like the one that the Russian Omon operatives wear

5.jpg

Sorry Frostbite, this camo is for desert, urban, and woodland if I understand correctly.

There are different colors for different Enviroments, like in MARPAT, Desert is ALOT like MARPAT, Woodland is Green and grey.