Sign in to follow this  
cassandra

X31a concept helicopter project

Amazing performance, I love them srew thingong rockets. The fligt path of them is amazing, and the flash, top noch.

Only one thing that I find missing, dust effects script and warning sistems.

The implementation of a rotor failure script in this addon would be very nice aswell.

All this its not a problem, it can be done throught mission making, so apart for that, they are perrrrrfect.

Great funn.

If you want some designs for vehicles and weapons let me know, maybe you could star a mod.

@CERO.

i have just 1 humble request, it happens i fly a lot in bad weather\ limited vision conditions, is it possible to have a working artificial horizon in the instruments panel in some future hypothetical update?

....The disign of this choppers seems largely based on his work on the Orca...

Actually, I stepped into this project after the basic fuselage model was done, so it's not based on the Orca in any way. tounge_o.gif

heh.. the heli itself is by design, mine.. sole made it look 1000x better with his excellent body texturing.. once the basic civi version was complete, we went off and made our own versions exhanging ideas along the way.. so in essence, the Halcyon is soles armed monster and the nosferatu mine smile_o.gif

frankenstien would be envious

all ideas brought forward (improved pilot view, more cockpit armour, doors, picnic hamper behind pilot.. or cargo position) have already been considered, though the release was pushed forward because holding them back could have taken quite a while..

seeing as you all like the heli so much, it's just possible that an improved version could come about with these changes, including scripts for rotor wash and failure (someone would have to donate their services for scripting), I just use ecp so often I forget alot of others don't, which tends to cater for certain visual effects.. any other ideas?

Make it a futuristic Little Bird replacement for both the MH-6, and AH-6. In the SPECOPS version it should be able to carry at least six operators, and/or a litter, or cargo.

The gunship vaiant is already loaded for bear. You might make it a little more suited for close air support/anti-personel/search and rescue.

And, as the ultimate transport helicopter, one could do a massive monster with four separate rotors... kinda like a massive chopper wider than a Chinook and with four separate intermeshing rotors like those of the Flettner Kolibri (see Sebastian Müller's addon for this) or a Kaman Huskie (was there ever made one for OFP?). Such a helicopter, with MBT-carrying capability, would just be AWESOME!!!

Pitty OFP supports only 2 rotors per chopper (as I found out when trying to make the orca, long time ago) tounge_o.gif

Animations anyone?, you could do some quick and dirty Rotary Animations or?, like 4 rotary anims with scripts..., probably the only simple work-around for the 2 rotors max limit?

Wow. One righteous, ass-kicking helo.

cassandra: Will the intro music from the demo mission be released from your MP3 site? I like it a lot.

Animations anyone?, you could do some quick and dirty Rotary Animations or?, like 4 rotary anims with scripts..., probably the only simple work-around for the 2 rotors max limit?

that would work, but I can't really picture a 4 rotor heli.. I'm as curious as anyone

Doc Zaius, I haven't touched my music site for months (since tonal) but I uploaded the track for you here, I don't think this will ever get put on my site.. it's not mastered sorry

Cassandra - Nishriff (MP3)

and another little tune which I wanted to use, but not put anyone to sleep with.. so never made it

Cassandra - Five Leaves (MP3)

Doc Zaius, I haven't touched my music site for months (since tonal) but I uploaded the track for you here, I don't think this will ever get put on my site.. it's not mastered sorry

Cassandra - Nishriff (MP3)

and another little tune which I wanted to use, but not put anyone to sleep with.. so never made it

Cassandra - Five Leaves (MP3)

Thanks so much for uploading them.

And a b-side. Awesome.  biggrin_o.gif

Hmm... well, if we can't have a four rotor helicopter, maybe then something like the Orca Transport? It has jet engines, and lift & steering could still be helo-wise... wink_o.gif

The basic orca has also jet engines, but the thing (i think) that they wanted the blades in those engines move like rotors (like in RL), but since there are three you can't do that with the current game engine, but an Anim for the two jetengines should do the trick.

I've played with many, many helicopter addons during my time with OFP, and this is undoubtedly another one of them. Perhaps a mine dispenser system would be cool for such a helicopter, seen on other aircraft as the Tornado (mostly in german use). I would like to see an air-delivered method of laying mines for ofp, but no REAL helicopter does them...so perhaps this one could? Just an idea though, if not... it's still a nice addon.

Also, becuase I would imagine this to fit into ofp as the trial of a prototype (as OFP is not full of futuristic units, so this is one not-unbeleiveable way of a non-exisiting unit comeing to use in the game) could there be the option to destroy this helictoper when landed? This could be for many, many uses in a mission, ranging from an enemy attempt to destroy the new heli, to being damamged mid-air and having to blow it up to stop enemy from capturing it and exploiting the technology (like a self-distruct type action).

realy nice...

what can i say.

i see you gave time to the skin.

but the inside needs more love.

(damn someone!!! MAKE A BLODY V-22!!!!!!!!)

Wasn't the V-22 branded as next-to-impossible to do in OFP? Though with all these talented addonmakers, one never knows... wink_o.gif

I'd like to see a concept creation type of close air support attack plane. I'm thinking a mix of Harrier, Tornado and F6 here.

I've played with many, many helicopter addons during my time with OFP, and this is undoubtedly another one of them. Perhaps a mine dispenser system would be cool for such a helicopter, seen on other aircraft as the Tornado (mostly in german use). I would like to see an air-delivered method of laying mines for ofp, but no REAL helicopter does them...so perhaps this one could? Just an idea though, if not... it's still a nice addon.

The Hind used to do it in Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion. The only reason why you don't see that very often is because its against the "rules of war", there its not way to mark a minefield like that for postwar reference.

Quote[/b] ]

Also, becuase I would imagine this to fit into ofp as the trial of a prototype (as OFP is not full of futuristic units, so this is one not-unbeleiveable way of a non-exisiting unit comeing to use in the game) could there be the option to destroy this helictoper when landed? This could be for many, many uses in a mission, ranging from an enemy attempt to destroy the new heli, to being damamged mid-air and having to blow it up to stop enemy from capturing it and exploiting the technology (like a self-distruct type action).

I would use satchels for that biggrin_o.gif , Cassandra allready done that, some of the pilots are blackops with UZIs and satchels.

@CERO.

The UH-60 can also dispence mines similar to how the SH-60 dispences sonobouys. Multi-tube launchers facing outwards from the cargo compartment launch hundreds of mines via propelling charges. And the US has not signed on to that charter against the use of landmines, IIRC. In any case there's certainly ways around those rules. Problem is when the time fuses don't work as they should, and the minefield remains dangerous for years after it should have self-destructed. The DOD is currently trying to equip mines with better saftey features, like more reliable self-destruct fuses.

THis system is called Air VOLCANO: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/4811/index-4.html

BUZZARD @ June 11 2004,14:01)]Wasn't the V-22 branded as next-to-impossible to do in OFP? Though with all these talented addonmakers, one never knows... wink_o.gif

You mean the rotors switching? So what. Just leave 'em in their upright VTOL position. Thats what they did in Half-Life(Especially noticable in the Opposing Force opening), and nobody seemed to notice, or at least care.

Or maybe fixed at about 45 degrees. Though this is a "transitional" position, it might be better than completely vertical.

erm....i only get 1 file out of the .rar sad_o.gif, the file CAS_ah31a.pbo only not the others two's rock.gif

Funny V-22 is fine, I just leave the props in the up postion and treat it like a chopper. Just a very fast one.

This addon kicks SO MUCH ASS! I was a bit sceptical when I first heard of it, fictional helo, but once I played the demo mission (kudos on including one, even if it is a BIS one), felt the bass of the cannon and saw the Corkscrew and helos in action I was sold. And all the different camo variants are great, I'm feverishly thinking of how I can make a mission (FDF winter?) of these.

My only wishes would be an improved cockpit (as demonstrated), cargo space and ideally a DKM Mi-28 style HUD and optics. smile_o.gif

My only complaint is the sound of the cannons. If you want i could try and make a gun sound that would suit them more? it's just that they sound slightly pitiful in relation to the style of the chopper.