Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Picked up full spectrum warrior today

I hear it is an ok game, but with no replayability as there is only one way to solve things

I want this and it wont be realeased till the 26th of June down under. sad_o.gif damn so sad. Quit saving for VBS1 and start thinks of FSW smile_o.gif

Brothers in Arms looks to have similar aspects but it's an FPS so much more appealing to me smile_o.gif

I want this and it wont be realeased till the 26th of June down under. sad_o.gif  damn so sad. Quit saving for VBS1 and start thinks of FSW smile_o.gif

What? That's the new release date for the PC version??

I think thats the release day for the xbox in Australia ... but i could be wrong.

yeah its the X-box realease down under. 16 more days till it comes outs. smile_o.gif and right before the school hoildays. smile_o.gif

Just placed a pre-order for the PC version. Å17.99 at Play.com.

Wondered though, now people have had more time with the XBox version, if opinions had changed. Are you still playing it or is it gathering dust?

The lack of comment for a month might be taken as a clue.

No. No. I found it was pretty, but repetetive and a lot of little things annoyed me as well - like why the M203s only had 2-3 rounds each and why an M-6 Linebacker was killing a BMP with stinger missiles. I was under the impression that this was a realistic game, but I didn't think so. It did drill the concept of fire and maneuver into my head, but that's it. Also, I never played it in Army training mode, just the standard version.

Tex said he liked it, IIRC. Maybe his opinion will differ. unclesam.gif

Well, I'm still looking forward to the PC version even after hearing the comments about the XBox version. Hopefully the developers left it open to editing, or will fix some of the aspects some of you folks found lacking. If it's modable? This could be fun.

im w/ hellfish, i picked it up a few weeks ago. the army simulater is pretty much the whole highlight of the game, if they didn't include it, i would have taken the game back the day i got it. my opinion: Xbox owners, wait till ofp comes out on Xbox, PC owners, wait till OFP 2, or just download AA if you want something to hold you over till than.

For anyone who has now played the PC demo...

I'm having an issue where no controls but the mouse axis work. Mouse buttons and keyboard keys show no response while in-mission. I know that the in-game screencap utility works as screenies I took while pressing every key for signs of a response were left in the demo's directory when I uninstalled. The input on mouse and keyboard work fine while creating a profile and setting up the options.

Anyone else have this issue or am I the odd one out for a change? tounge_o.gif

For anyone who has now played the PC demo...

I'm having an issue where no controls but the mouse axis work. Mouse buttons and keyboard keys show no response while in-mission. I know that the in-game screencap utility works as screenies I took while pressing every key for signs of a response were left in the demo's directory when I uninstalled. The input on mouse and keyboard work fine while creating a profile and setting up the options.

Anyone else have this issue or am I the odd one out for a change? tounge_o.gif

Yep, I had it. Unplugged my USB joystick and the controls in the demo then worked.

POS coding, per the standard of console conversions...

Yeah, funny timing. I thought it was the extra device drivers the Saitek software for my joystick installed. I got rid of them and it played fine. It's just a coincidence that I removed my joystick at the same time and it worked.

Now that I've read your post I plugged my stick back in and it's the same thing. Just damn stupid.

Thanks for the heads up.

I left my Cougar connected which is USB too while trying out the demo. Worked fine.

Only problem I had was the lack of fun in the game sad_o.gif

The instal shield stops responding on my PC!

I had this problem also, seems to 'hang' for a while for some reason before it eventually installed. Try leaving it for a few minutes, it worked eventually for me.

However the game itself is kind of disapointing on the whole, I liked the way you could move the fire teams and issue fire orders, but that was about it, I think I would easily get bored with the full game quickly.

The instal shield stops responding on my PC!

I had this problem also, seems to 'hang' for a while for some reason before it eventually installed. Try leaving it for a few minutes, it worked eventually for me.

However the game itself is kind of disapointing on the whole, I liked the way you could move the fire teams and issue fire orders, but that was about it, I think I would easily get bored with the full game quickly.

Will do, ta.

I got a Conflict Desert Storm feeling to it. Only problem is that you click and watch instead of "playing" like you do in Conflict Desert Storm.

I got a Conflict Desert Storm feeling to it. Only problem is that you click and watch instead of "playing" like you do in Conflict Desert Storm.

i don't really think you get what FSW is all about.

I must say I like the concept! this is what I have been waiting for, because it simulates a "close quarter" - "your random day in Iraq" atmosphere that is almost impossible to recreate in OFP.

what I like about it:

- tactical squad-based

- RTS that is nevertheless convincingly 3D

- intuitive to handle

- unlike OFP, the game loads very fast and savegames don't crash tounge_o.gif. Fluent gameplay, even on my middle-range computer.

- random voices & cursing & shouting: "Man, we're in the open now, do you want us to die, take us to some cover" (this is what OFP misses)

- teammates can carry dead & wounded soldiers

what I don't like about it:

- fire teams keep spraying bullets at each other even if they have full cover

- a bit repetitive & lack of freedom in trajectories

- graphics of explosions