Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Nogova 2004

This project looks really damn cool. However, I have one small gripe about it. I don't think those highway dividers should be everywhere. IMO, your'e really overusing them in placed where they wouldn't be. For city roads a more realistic divider would be a sidewalk sized one with grass on top of it. Also, I would strongly suggest making some more buildings, for example a small mall, hospital, grocery stores and restaurants. Another cool thing would be a football stadium.

and place a normal road under the bridge. That would really be a simplest solution and then it would be 100% realistic.

You could then even intersect 2 highways...

And it would be really easy! And AI wouldn't have problems with that :]

That's a great idea. I saw that on the Chesnia island.

Here it is actually proof.JPG

The Nogova Partisans? biggrin_o.gif

Why not? There are s.o.c.c.e.r. (that's what Australia, New Zealand, and America call it.) players in This

And for riots kenny.JPGwink_o.gif

Hey Ironsight, now you can replace your cement barriers with the most recent version from F3wx_o1, version 1.1. Lookie here. wink_o.gif

Thanks Agent Smith really like the stuff you guys make smile_o.gif

OK Onn and everybody else who is asking me about the highway. I get your point but the problem is that if I am going to make overpasses everywhere is that there will be a lot of changes in the landscape and those overpasses cost a lot and I don't think a small country like Nogova can pay it. wink_o.gif

Also if you make overpasses there will be a lot of landscape changes and it won't look realistic anymore. wink_o.gif

Maybe it's time to call the highway the express way wink_o.gif

And I like the idea of a stadium smile_o.gif

A Stadium? COOL!!! Make it at least as good as the BlackhawkDown/LeaveNoOneBehind Mogadishu Island... erm... should I post some pix, or does everybody know which one I'm talking about?

Hey, forgive me for all I say but belive me, I want the best for this project! The thing is I belive you don't know highways well, and all the time there, I se you're making T or X crossections on the highway there. Even for the fuel station.

Highway is a road for fast cars, meaning - the curves must be wide, so that fast cars won't fall of the curve by too high speed.

And when you drive into the highway, you should do it as fast as it is possible. It is easier to drive in with a low angle drive-in, than with a 90° T-drive-in....

To explain you how it should be, I've modified your latest screen to explain what are the "wide curves". Compare both poctiures. The way you did it, the car would have to wait for a long time to join the highway, because he would have to do it slowly (90° angle at very short distance). On the picture below, the angle is low, so it is far easier to drive in the highway. And that is how real highway look.....

For the X crossings, I understand you are not able to make all bridges and so, but at least make it X with ")" shaped shortcuts between X's arms, that would make it easier to join the highway... that would work better, and look nicer (especially with solid blockades around)...

As for other things in your project, so long it is great :]

The picture promised:

img]http://betatest.republika.pl/real_gas.jpg[/img]

That's the same thing I mentioned some pages back and it's more realistic. wink_o.gif

To all you guys who are going on about this "Highway" thing..I dont see it as a "Motorway" as we call them in the UK but more of a "Duel Carriageway" which in the UK is a two lane road divided in the middle by a metal barrier and on some sections of these types of road a T-Junction does appear.You don't always get a slip road as you always see on "Highways".

Quote[/b] ] I don't think a small country like Nogova can pay it.
Exactly...(Ironsight is right)

Near where i live is an Island called The Isle of Wight and the land mass is very close to Nogova and there is only one stretch of "Highway" on the entire Island.So personally i don't think Nogova would have "Highways" or "Motorways"....

To all you guys who are going on about this "Highway" thing..I dont see it as a "Motorway" as we call them in the UK but more of a "Duel Carriageway" which in the UK is a two lane road divided in the middle by a metal barrier and on some sections of these types of road a T-Junction does appear.You don't always get a slip road as you always see on "Highways".

Quote[/b] ] I don't think a small country like Nogova can pay it.
Exactly...(Ironsight is right)

Near where i live is an Island called The Isle of Wight and the land mass is very close to Nogova and there is only one stretch of "Highway" on the entire Island.So personally i don't think Nogova would have "Highways" or "Motorways"....

Nogova is little, but it already has many things that shouldnt be there (oh lol, fuel tanks network.. 2 airbases... and so on).

Therefore I think that we should have a real highway just to have such a thing in ofp.

Islands in ofp ARE miniatures of the real world, and often they look strange and unrealistic (just look at the Petrovice.. a city of concrete blocks... but it is there, just to give player a block square). On islands, there is a bit of everything from the big country.

For the argument, that it would cause landscape changes... oh well, building highways ALWAYS takes landscape changes.

And it would be nice to see Nogova changed a bit more than only new buildings or roads. Landscape changes shouldnt of course be applied "by force", but highway is an ideal reason.

Imagine a straight line through the island, cutting through the forrests that you were exploring during Resistance... Once a plain where was a house you were hiding in, now a highway.

World changes, and landscape changes due to our work.

Once there was a wild hill, now there is a field of potatoes. Landscape changes.

Once there was a plain, now there is a city. Landcape changes.

Once there was a beach, now there is a port. Landscape changes.

Once there was a country, now there is a highway with an intersection.

The thing is Nogova 2004! :]

Or another way... imagine Nogova in 1920 :]] No airports, no Petrovice, dirt roads, maybe smaller mine. Most likely, where now there is the desert airport, was a hill :]]] Maybe it was green.

BTW, since Nogova has a desert, this is enough reason for why it should have a real highway! :]]]]

BTW and TIP: you may route the highway in place where there is nothing on a standard Nogova. Check the wasted space of the desert, ideal place :]

Hmmm... would it be possible to make a "belt-highway" all around Nogova? Supported on bridges if necessary? That would be cool...

Edit: Or maybe Mapfact can be convinced to do a monorail all around Nogova! That would truly be 21st century Nogova!!! biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 16 2004,18:48)]Or maybe Mapfact can be convinced to do a monorail all around Nogova! That would truly be 21st century Nogova!!!  biggrin_o.gif

DOH!!!!!! "I call the big one Bitey"

Well, sir, there's nothing on earth

Like a genuine,

Bona fide,

Electrified,

Six-car

Monorail!

What'd I say?

Monorail!

What's it called?

Monorail!

That's right! Monorail!  

I hear those things are awfully loud...

It glides as softly as a cloud.

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

What about us brain-dead slobs?

You'll be given cushy jobs.

Were you sent here by the devil?

No, good sir, I'm on the level.

The ring came off my pudding can.

Take my pen knife, my good man.

I swear it's Springfield's only choice...

Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Monorail!

What's it called?

Monorail!

Once again...

Monorail!

But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...

Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!

Monorail!

Monorail!

Monorail!

Monorail!

Homer: Mono... D'oh!

BTW and TIP: you may route the highway in place where there is nothing on a standard Nogova. Check the wasted space of the desert, ideal place :]

I already did that wink_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 15 2004,14:41)]
and some  cascade? it's too complicated?

Cascade? You mean a waterfall?

Hmm, first and last time I saw one was in that magnificent video from AEF...

yes, waterfall, sorry biggrin_o.gif

can you link me the AEF video?

The waterfall is in the demo trailer for AEF flashpoint mission.

If you decrypt the mission, the waterfall, cascade, or Wasserfall(german) is the script and, well any mission make can figure it out.

Oh well, decided to post some BlackHawkDown-Mogadishu island stadium pictures...

StadiumXD1.jpg

StadiumSide1.jpg

StadiumN1.jpg

Now all we need is a nice location for a stadium... preferably with lots of bars and police stations nearby! tounge_o.gif

Add some banking and it looks like Bristol.

...I wonder if you can land a C130 in that stadium, lol.

Add some banking and it looks like Bristol.

...I wonder if you can land a C130 in that stadium, lol.

Not big enough, hit the far end of the station in the low price seating area.

BUZZARD @ June 17 2004,02:59)]Oh well, decided to post some BlackHawkDown-Mogadishu island stadium pictures...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1907/StadiumXD1.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/685/StadiumSide1.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/434/StadiumN1.jpg

Now all we need is a nice location for a stadium... preferably with lots of bars and police stations nearby! tounge_o.gif

I know the stadium from Mogandishu island, if there will be a stadium in the first release, I will retexture this one so it will fit Nogova better wink_o.gif

Make it largely grey (easternbloc style concrete jungle) and nogova green (the color of the local football team, of course)

Would indeed be a very nice addition to the island. Place it near a large city and place it so that a military force could use it as their base of operations. With military force I mean a UN or NATO peacekeeping/peace-enforcing force like (for example) Nogova Force - NFOR

Yes yes...then make a football mod and like have a football game going on, some kind of long animation possibly, people kicking the ball and stuff and you're supposed to be the security guard for the stadium when some bitch comes up and trys to blow it to pits with the USA and Nogova team still inside!!! crazy_o.gif

Man, now all we need....a movie theater with a script so that we can play an actually movie on a screen............

*looks up at the sky believeing these few words......*

I believe you, I do I do, when this Island is released tounge_o.gif