Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Nogova 2004

some highways don't have lights at all

All the highways now have lights smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Edit: Oh and do you have/need any beta testers ? If so I will be more than glad to help.

No BETA testers yet, you can apply later for the job wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]... surrounded with wall and don't forget to put a helipad in the backyard and flagpoles in the front

Haven't tought of the helipad yet, thanks smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How about an Embassy?

Don't worry there will be one wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I thought you meant you would change the ground textures of the sand later... My fault.

Can happen wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (lennin @ June 09 2004,16:18)

EDIT: We need a nogovan flag all can agree on

There was one picked, maybe 2 years ago, can't find it anywhere but.

Let me know if you find him

3471.jpg

This is the 'official' Flag, one of those Major Fubar made long ago smile_o.gif

Yep.. that is also the one we from Nogovan Armed Forces Project use smile_o.gif

Yep.. that is also the one we from Nogovan Armed Forces Project use  smile_o.gif

Then I will use that one wink_o.gif

Gday all...

Looking really good.. (not the flag.. duh..)

BTW AI on highway spoken of recently..

Ive obviously encountered this too..

Ive found that two parrallel roads on one cell and 'sometimes' the AI gets confused and tries to criss cross (even on long bridges..)

Ive used 60 odd waypoints and if there isnt a limit this is the only work around for it.. (unless CD's next barrier update prevents it)

But then its still an issue when 'AI decides' to go down highway when not waypoint configured. sad_o.gif

Hope we can solve this as im only having a sml highway till then.

Keep up good work Ironsight.

MadAussie out...

BTW AI on highway spoken of recently..

Ive obviously encountered this too..

Ive found that two parrallel roads on one cell and 'sometimes' the AI gets confused and tries to criss cross (even on long bridges..)

This has happened to me in one of the Tonal cities with a wide road. I was the commander of a tank, kept telling the driver to go FAST down the road, and the tanks would just zig zag down the road, it drove me nuts. I finally stopped the tank, ordered the AI crew out, and shot them.

I hope its not like that on this island.

The motorways look great so far, but please don't make all roads connected to them look like this. They must have less than 90 degrees so that the cars don't have to brake and can enter the motorways with more speed to keep traffic more fluent.

It would look like this (without bridges and stuff of course...):

[imghttp://www.hentschke-bau.de/projekte/verkehr/strasse/bab-sonst/images/spreeau-ans.jpg[/img]

wink_o.gif

How about sum sort of concrete death trap like i got in my city

birmingham_article01_lead.jpg

its hard to navigate in r/l let alone on ofp

Please don't quote images.

The other flags can still be used if you want. The anchor one can obviously be used for naval vessels (they call it an ensign?) and some of the others can be Army flags, Presidential flags, etc. I know in America each service and branch of government has it's own flag.

Trowing in more pics:

Industrial zone of Petrovice:

[ig]http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Ironsight/Noe24.jpg[/img]

I hate to say this, but please place those concrete dividers a bit further from the road

it might look less realistic, but it will be usable by AI

a lot of islands strive for life-like realism, but forget about AI-pathing

as they are positioned now, the slightest hesitation in AI behaviour will cause them to crash (can you tell us some testing results plz?)

you are making such a beautiful island, don't make it into something completely worthless to SP-mission makers

on a more positive and slightly self-contradictory note: what about a (broad-enough) tunnel?

tunnellight.jpg

You could take some static guns on concrete sockets like the ones you can find on Everon instead of whole tanks for a monument. I bet it would be easier to realize than tanks. wink_o.gif

Yeah! It would be cool with that tunnel on the isle!

Also you could make some kind of city up in the snow, maybe some eskimos or something hehe.  biggrin_o.gif  Well looks great anyway!

Also you could make some kind of city up in the snow, maybe some eskimos or something hehe.  biggrin_o.gif  Well looks great anyway!

I'm thinking more of a ski resort.

hopefully mapfact releases that before this gets too close to release, if it isnt already close

You could take some static guns on concrete sockets like the ones you can find on Everon instead of whole tanks for a monument. I bet it would be easier to realize than tanks.  wink_o.gif

What's so difficult about a tank monument?  rock.gif

T55Mon.jpg

Took about 15-20 minutes including finding the right textures for the base wink_o.gif

that tank monument is pretty dam good.but have you thought about adding a plaque with some kind of resistance "poem".That monument will have to be in one of the major towns coz it will look strange in the home town of victor troska (Dolina)

tank turret pointing up would finish that off.

Yeah, it'd need a plaque otherwise it would be a pretty pointless monument. smile_o.gif

It'd be easy enough to change the angle of the gun, at the moment it's just the BIS T55 model stuck on top of a box and only the one LOD  wink_o.gif

Yeah, it'd need a plaque otherwise it would be a pretty pointless monument. smile_o.gif

It'd be easy enough to change the angle of the gun, at the moment it's just the BIS T55 model stuck on top of a box and only the one LOD  wink_o.gif

The monument looks good, can you send it to me so I can implent it on the island smile_o.gif

UPDATE ON THE ISLAND

ATM I am working on the cities especially the government buildings and building industrial zone's. Also DaSquade is helping me making signs for the highway (including the model of PCS). So progress is made smile_o.gif

The monument looks good, can you send it to me so I can implent it on the island  smile_o.gif

Yeah, no problem, I'll do the other LODs before I send it though wink_o.gif

The monument looks good, can you send it to me so I can implent it on the island  smile_o.gif

Yeah, no problem, I'll do the other LODs before I send it though  wink_o.gif

Thanks a lot, I will credit you in the readme smile_o.gif

Or just get a resistance soldier and make him look like a statue and then give him the color of marble rock...

What about a alrge marble/rock base with a slight marble slope the tank would be "climbing" and on the rest of the large monument base, a few FIA soldiers statues with a statue of Victor troska posing in front of the tank with a plaque at his feet tounge_o.gif

don't look at me to model it though tounge_o.gif

What about a alrge marble/rock base with a slight marble slope the tank would be "climbing"

Easy enough to do, just lower the back edge of the base and rotate the tank to match the angle.

I've just sent Ironsight the model so he can adjust it anyway he wants. smile_o.gif