Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Nogova 2004

The waterfall is in the demo trailer for AEF flashpoint mission.

If you decrypt the mission, the waterfall, cascade, or Wasserfall(german) is the script and, well any mission make can figure it out.

uhmm ... wasnt the trailer a video file ? rock.gif

Unless there is a preview mission but i cannot find one.

I had this waterfall in a mission i made, with two dogs chasing eachother. So i think it may be released. I don't remember the details anymore.

This island Looks great biggrin_o.gif Keep up the good work Ironsight! I can't wait to do a thunder run through Petovich at 3:00 am With COMBAT's M2A2 ODS and Sigma's M1A2s biggrin_o.gif

Hello I'm new here and this is my first message. I think that this is a great addon, maybe one of the best island mod in this game. I have seen many images and discussions about what should be made and that that nr. But I have not seen any image on the work in the airports neither in the harbor. Could you show some views of these? Forgive my English so bad, since I am not English-speaking smile_o.gif

LOL

@Maker of Nogova 2004 - Are you going to let the Nogova Armed Forces Project possibly use this island is they so choose to ask you to use it?

@JLC - Airports and harbors. Now all we need is the NoGoVa Cargo ships, huge tankers getting oil out of Nogova's vast oil fields and dristributing it among the world blues.gif

stena_vision.jpg

well Phil Commando had that Big ass cargo ship. One could retex that. I was thinking of Retexing the A318 to Nogovan Airlines.

Now we need oil fields and scripts for the ship to burn instead of sink....make it undestroyable !

@Maker of Nogova 2004 - Are you going to let the Nogova Armed Forces Project possibly use this island is they so choose to ask you to use it?

They can use this island if they want wink_o.gif

Also I hope to release V1 soon, it doesn't contain all the changes I wanted and probably has some bugs. But more changes and fixes will come in later versions.

By the way don't expect much this week since I have exam week wink_o.gif

well Phil Commando had that Big ass cargo ship. One could retex that.

As long as you replace the stairs it has with a less-weird means of getting aboard...

Quote[/b] ]I was thinking of Retexing the A318 to Nogovan Airlines.

Isn't there anything better than it around? Damn, sometimes I wonder, there are so many nice small passenger jets, yet none has been made for OFP so far (Boeing 727 etc).

Hey! but if you want to retex something (or rather apply textures to something), why don't you ask Fragmaster if you can texture his Learjet? A nice bizjet and all, surely needed for carrying around the VIP CEOs of the oil company! tounge_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 20 2004,13:44)]Damn, sometimes I wonder, there are so many nice small passenger jets, yet none has been made for OFP so far (Boeing 727 etc).

What about Martin's excellent DC-3?

Mfg MEDICUS

how made a 747. should reterure that wink_o.gif . Nogova out in the middle of nowhere and it need a big jet to fly long distances smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 20 2004,13:44)]Damn, sometimes I wonder, there are so many nice small passenger jets, yet none has been made for OFP so far (Boeing 727 etc).

Mfg MEDICUS

Of course that one exists as well, and is the best passenger plane around so far for OFP, but hardly qualiflies as a modern plane, wouldn't you agree? tounge_o.gif

how made a 747. should reterure that wink_o.gif . Nogova out in the middle of nowhere and it need a big jet to fly long distances smile_o.gif

Nogova's Airport is a bit small for a 747, don't you think so?

I did enlarged the airport a bit wink_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 20 2004,15:12)]

Mfg MEDICUS

Of course that one exists as well, and is the best passenger plane around so far for OFP, but hardly qualiflies as a modern plane, wouldn't you agree?  tounge_o.gif

You'd be surprised how many DC-3s are still in use

I didn't say there weren't any flying around anymore, and although I haven't had the pleasure yet of flying in a DC-3, I'd sure love to... but my point was that the DC-3 isn't a modern plane, and that's something common sense dictates to agree with, right? wink_o.gif

Well Nogovas airports aren't exactly huge, and would probably only fit smaller aircraft. And the DC3 would be perfect for a Nogovan airline (low operating cost, reliable, cheap to acquire), not that that belongs in this topic though smile_o.gif

It looks very nice, the only thing I have to say is regarding the highways, new textures could really be in order. But it is fine as it is now too smile_o.gif

GoOB

Ironsight said that the Airports are larger so they could be able to land a 747 there or at the least the Airbus. A company called Tower Air Landed a 747-200 in Tazar Airbase in Hungary when I was there in 1997 and it was a small Soviet era AirBase. So I wouldnt doubt that they could land one in Nogova in 2004.

This is looking like a very promising addon, can't wait for V1 Ironsight. Just wondering what other addons will be required? Sorry if you've mentioned it before but there's too many pages to read.

BTW heres a pic of a slightly edited DC3 I made earlier today for a mission I'm working on:

na_dc3.jpg

All I've done is replace "Martins Air Charter" with "Nogova Air" and replace the flag with Nogova's flag. Thinking about editng the config and renaming it so it appears as "Nogova Air DC-3" ingame also...and I've just noticed I forgot to reverse the flag on one side of the tail.

Anyway, the mission will probably never get finished but does anyone think it would be worth trying to contact Martin and asking if I can re-release the DC3 with these markings or is everyone happy with it as is?

PS- Sorry for going off-topic & hi everyone, my 1st post in almost a year!

If we're being pedantic about it; at 100% max take off weight a 747-400 with Rolls Royce engines needs 10,400ft (3.2km) to take off and 8,500ft (2.6km) to land. So I think old skool Nogova as it stands would need some substantial civil engineering done to its airport! tounge_o.gif