Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Llaumax sky pack v1.2

is it possible to de-activate the water, and keep the skies and NV goggles, so that Keg's water will work???

is it possible to de-activate the water, and keep the skies and NV goggles, so that Keg's water will work???

go here: link

and download the llaumax installer, it works with dxdll and has some goodies aswell wink_o.gif

Weather overcast is not works for me. Without any transition become sunny from rain and rain from sunny. Does anybody discover same? I used win98 installer.

Weather overcast is not works for me. Without any transition become sunny from rain and  rain from sunny. Does anybody discover same? I used win98 installer.

Sure.. There's really nothing I can do about it. The only solution would be to use the same resolution rainy sky as the others for it to work but the rainy sky can't be done with 16x16 pxl's. As I said when I released the sky.. I couldn't solve the problems so instead of just throwing the project in the garbage bin I released it for those who could live with the bugs.

Just remove the seven more_anim.0X.pac files from the llaumax/newdata folder and use the installer as usual.

Weather overcast is not works for me. Without any transition become sunny from rain and rain from sunny. Does anybody discover same? I used win98 installer.

Sure.. There's really nothing I can do about it. The only solution would be to use the same resolution rainy sky as the others for it to work but the rainy sky can't be done with 16x16 pxl's. As I said when I released the sky.. I couldn't solve the problems so instead of just throwing the project in the garbage bin I released it for those who could live with the bugs.

isn't that your answer llauma? make the skies bigger?

i really wanted fix for this so messed about and made the 3 new sky textures same size as rain 128x128 and the weather transition works.

made some at 512 and 1024 and they worked .

my textures were just knocked up quick so there shit they came out with funny looking white (and the odd pink) spots on.

gonna fart around and try an make some nice ones .

Weather overcast is not works for me. Without any transition become sunny from rain and  rain from sunny. Does anybody discover same? I used win98 installer.

isn't that your answer llauma? make the skies bigger?

i really wanted fix for this so messed about and made the 3 new sky textures same size as rain 128x128 and the weather transition works.

made some at 512 and 1024 and they worked .

my textures were just knocked up quick so there shit they came out with funny looking  white (and the odd pink) spots on.

gonna fart around and try an make some nice ones .

Sure I can make them bigger for the transition to work but that will not allow you to have the smooth sky gradient. The whole idea with the work was to create a smooth gradient.

If you want a transition that works I would recommend the Unsung sky. It haven't got the same smoothness but it's not really possible to make it look better with high res textures. There's really no point for me to try to make something better.

Good luck with making some nice sky textures but it will drive you crazy tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does the current engine support 3D clouds? Would it be possible to do it?

By 3D clouds you mean real smoke clouds or modelled clouds like the bushes for an example? It might work but I see no real reason to make them. I would rather see someone making it possible to have different moving clouds for different weathers. As it is now you see the same clouds when its sunny as when it's raining. They are only not as visible when it's sunny.

I hope we will see a real dynamic sky in OFP2 without the static sky textures with clouds but instead they should develope the moving clouds. The sky textures would be very small files stretched out like in my sky mod to get a smooth gradient.

Sure I can make them bigger for the transition to work but that will not allow you to have the smooth sky gradient. The whole idea with the work was to create a smooth gradient.

If you want a transition that works I would recommend the Unsung sky. It haven't got the same smoothness but it's not really possible to make it look better with high res textures. There's really no point for me to try to make something better.

Good luck with making some nice sky textures but it will drive you crazy tounge_o.gif

yer with a bit more tinkering i figured that out its a shame cos nice clear blue sky effect its gives is real nice.another(but only minor)problem if can be called one is that when its cloudy when the clouds overlap it kinda stands out.

i have unsung sky which is also real nice but like kegety's its a bit too dramatic for every mission. (for my taste anyway)

i made my own textures and got a nice balance between the different weathers that suits me and i am quite pleased with how they came out (still a little dimpled tho due to degraded textures from texview).i did try an make some 2048x2048 ones to see how laggy they would be but texview just monged out :\ it did one then just wouldn't do any more.

also made new higher res rain which looks great (really pisses down smile_o.gif ).

and i'm trying to make some nice lightning if i can make em look good enough.

i may or may not release it when i'm done fiddling cos basically i kept all the stuff out of this pack on here with all the nightvision goggles n wotnot so i wouldn't want to release it like that as something i'd made.

i may or may not release it when i'm done fiddling cos basically i kept all  the stuff out of this pack on here with all the nightvision goggles n wotnot so i wouldn't want to release it like that as something i'd made.

You are welcome to release a sky pack even if it means that alot of the textures are made by others as long as you give the credits to those who deserves it.

The only thing that matters is that people gets the best possible skies.

Does the current engine support 3D clouds? Would it be possible to do it?

There was a cloud script (by Axe iirc) that created clouds with the drop command (iirc again). It looked really nice, but you would have to put it into every mission and it lowered fps a bit.

I noticed DXDLL water doesnt work with this pack. Is there any chance of a fix?

There was a cloud script (by Axe iirc) that created clouds with the drop command (iirc again). It looked really nice, but you would have to put it into every mission and it lowered fps a bit.

do you have a download link for that Axes cloud thingy? it is indeed mentioned here but the link is dead

I dont have OFP anymore so it is up to llauma sad_o.gif

To get DXdll to work you have to remove all of the water textures from the pack before installing it.

I dont have OFP anymore so it is up to llauma sad_o.gif

To get DXdll to work you have to remove all of the water textures from the pack before installing it.

As Hit_Sqd_Maximus said, remove the 7 files called more_anim.01...07.pac in the newdata folder before installing.

do you have a download link for that Axes cloud thingy? it is indeed mentioned here but the link is dead

Axe Clouds

I put together a new pack that has some small fixes to make it easier for people to get it to work.

I removed the new water textures so that Keg's reflective water will work.

I added both win98/ME and win2k/XP installers and I changed them so they won't install the sky in the normal data/data3d.pbo's, only in the HW T&L pbo's. So in English it means that if someone who isn't running with HW T&L installs it, it will still work but nothing will be changed. This also cuts the mod size in half and the install is twice as fast.

I also added the awesome rain textures made by wheres my rabbit which I think everyone should use.

If you got llaumax and know how to add or change the textures download wheres my rabbit's sky to get the rain textures but if you don't know or no sky works for you, get this pack. If it still doesn't work, nothing will.

This pack also comes with INQ's NVG's. I guess there are always a few who doesn't want them but I think the majority does.

Here's a temp host. Quite annoying as you have to wait some time before you can download it but at least it's better than nothing.

LlauMax Sky Pack 1.1

Is there any chance we could see a version exactly like this, except with default BIS water (so DXDLL will work biggrin_o.gif)?

Is there any chance we could see a version exactly like this, except with default BIS water (so DXDLL will work biggrin_o.gif)?

This one has no new water textures so the BIS water textures will be used and therefor DXDLL will work.

grr.. late as usual but thanx for the assistance.

Did you miss that? tounge_o.gif

Uhh..err...someone hacked my account rock.giftounge_o.gif.

Thanks Llauma! Great job with recognizing that biggrin_o.gif.

Did you miss that? tounge_o.gif

Uhh..err...someone hacked my account rock.giftounge_o.gif.

Thanks Llauma! Great job with recognizing that biggrin_o.gif.

I have to give the award of "Original Excuse". biggrin_o.gif