Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Llaumax sky pack v1.2

I just want to say great job on the textures Llauma, I almost feel like Im cheating when I put the nightvision on at night biggrin_o.gif The sky and rain textures are by far the best out there. Keep up the good work.

I just tried this new version. It's good as always, I like the new rain. The only thing I'm wondering, is there a way to turn the noise effect on the NVgoogles? I like the new Night vision goggles model, I just miss the static noise.

There is a way to get only the new NVG model without the crystal clear view.

When you unzip llaumax.zip , go into the newdata folder and delete

-night_sum.01.paa

-night_sum.02.paa

-night_sum.03.paa

-night_sum.04.paa

-night_sum.05.paa

If in addition to getting the BIS noise you want to block more your field of vision (like the BIS one) you have to delete this file too

-nightvisiontl.paa

Then use the installer according to your OS and you will get the INQ NVG but the BIS noise (and the BIS more blocking FOV if you delete the additional file)

Thanks Sancuary. I swear, when ever I have a question about Flashpoint your the first to respond. Your like the OFP Global Rapid Response Q&A guy.

hm, i thought thsi one would be compatible with dydll!?!? but if i start both things, i only have llauma's skies but no waterreflections!?!

Don't download the version posted in the first post of this thread. It's the version 1.0 and it contains new waters which the latest doesn't and therefor it works with DXDLL.

LlauMax Sky pack 1.1 mirror1 @ofp.info

LlauMax Sky pack 1.1 mirror2 @ofp.info

And to those who likes the rain the credits goes to wheres my rabbit who made them.

Don't download the version posted in the first post of this thread. It's the version 1.0 and it contains new waters which the latest doesn't and therefor it works with DXDLL.

If you haven't done so already, update the first thread with the old 1.0 link and add the 1.1 DXDLL version link and ask the moderators to update the thread title to Llaumax sky pack v1.0 and v1.1 or similar.

If you haven't done so already, update the first thread with the old 1.0 link and add the 1.1 DXDLL version link and ask the moderators to update the thread title to Llaumax sky pack v1.0 and v1.1 or similar.

Hit_sqd_maximus created the thread and the first post so I cant modify it.. I'll ask him to do it and I'll find a mod who'll change the thread name once he's done that.

Done smile_o.gif

There is a way to get only the new NVG model without the crystal clear view.

When you unzip llaumax.zip , go into the newdata folder and delete

-night_sum.01.paa

-night_sum.02.paa

-night_sum.03.paa

-night_sum.04.paa

-night_sum.05.paa

If in addition to getting the BIS noise you want to block more your field of vision (like the BIS one) you have to delete this file too

-nightvisiontl.paa

Then use the installer according to your OS and you will get the INQ NVG but the BIS noise (and the BIS more blocking FOV if you delete the additional file)

1. If I want to remove Inq's NVGs altogether (for use in VBS1), what else must be done?

Remove nvg_tex.pac? rock.gif

Remark the following statement in the BAT file? rock.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">del /Q temp\NVG_proxy.p3d.srpc >NUL

<span style='color:red'>EDIT:</span> I did both of the above and that seems to do the trick. The reason for removing Inq's NVGs is because it neutralizes DXDLL's NVG effects and because the high quality VBS1 NVG standard model needs no replacement.

2. Once configed for VBS1, can I publicly release it, after adjusting the BAT file paths accordingly? rock.gif

To remove the new model itself , you just need to delete

-> NVG_proxy.p3d (that is the new model)

-> nvg_tex.pac (that is the texture for this new model)

and delete from the .bat the line you quoted and all should be ok.

EDIT : it seems you figured out the solution while i was writing biggrin_o.gif

2. Once configed for VBS1, can I publicly release it, after adjusting the BAT file paths accordingly? rock.gif

Sure, as long as Keg doesn't have anything against it for using his clouds or wheres my rabbit for the rain textures but I doubt they'll have.

Just promise to show some screenshots smile_o.gif

I'll ask WMR for permission. The earlier version of your pack has been in use for some time nice and it seems with no problems of approval. There's also a VBS1 version of DXDLL.

EDIT: This thread's title still needs to be changed to reflect the new version number, V1.1.

<span style='color:red'>***FOR VBS1 ONLY***</span>

The latest version of OFP's LlaumMax Sky Pack, converted for VBS1 installation by The Avon Lady

New high resolution sky, star, moon and rain textures. This supercedes earlier Llaumax Sky Pack V2. The version number reduction is confusing.

INQ' NVG model excluded from this edition, in order to retain VBS1's NVG model and to retain DXDLL's realistic NVG effects.

Download mirror, courtesy of The FAQ.

Thanks to Llaumax and to Where's My Rabbit for their permission to release this version for VBS1.

Sample pic: rain texture

I did some testing with some other rain textures. WMR's rain is very light so it will be visible against dark backgrounds and especially when it's dark. So I decided to make the opposite. A dark rain that is very visible against the sky and light backgrounds but darker background aren't as good. It's hard to see the rain during the night but some light sources it becomes visible. After all it's not very realistic with a rain that becomes most visible when it's pitch dark.

I also wanted to make a less cpu demanding rain so I cropped WMR's rain to 256x256 and inverted it + I adjusted the color, contrast and saturation.

I'm not sure if it's good so I'll let you decide. It can get pretty heavy when it's raining as most. The pack contains only the rain textures so do what I have told perhaps a thousand times: Copy the new textures to the newdata dir and run the install.

I need to fix the DXDLL night vision effect problem so I thought that maybe I should first check what you think of the new rain before I release a fixed version.. again tounge_o.gif

Beta rain textures

//Llauma

Just tested it a bit, and there is a real difference in daylight the rain is now more visible, that is very good.

Too bad it is not possible to use different rain textures for day or night, as the previous one was visually better in night in my opinion.

Maybe making the area normally transparent in those rain texture into a very slight blue color like Kegetys did , giving this nice blue background in rainy situation could be a possible solution to this day/night difference ?

Just tested it a bit, and there is a real difference in daylight the rain is now more visible, that is very good.

Too bad it is not possible to use different rain textures for day or night, as the previous one was visually better in night in my opinion.

Maybe making the area normally transparent in those rain texture into a very slight blue color like Kegetys did , giving this nice blue background in rainy situation could be a possible solution to this day/night difference ?

I'll do some testing.. but I doubt it will improve the night visibility of the rain but at least you'll get a blue color.

I'll do some testing.. but I doubt it will improve the night visibility of the rain but at least you'll get a blue color.

Not necessarily blue, i was taking it as an example.

I just think adding a background to a "darker" rain should help to make it more visible in a darker situation like the night.

With a darker rain at day, it does not need a colored background.

But is that really needed ? personnally i can live with the actual darker rain, as despite being less visible at night it is not that invisible too, especially when wearing NVG.

But is that really needed ? personnally i can live with the actual darker rain, as despite being less visible at night it is not that invisible too, especially when wearing NVG.

I guess you are right.. I've tested it some more and it feels pretty realistic. As I said it can turn really heavy but I don't think it's overkill.

What about the rain size? As I cropped WMR's rain textures the rain got twice as big but I like how it brings the rain closer to you. The bonus is that it also makes it easier for the cpu.

Edit:

Hehe.. I am sure that I saw some rain in that pic before but after working on the modified version I can't see the rain anymore.

I think the size is fine, as to be honest i did not noticed that the rain was that closer to you than with the previous version smile_o.gif

And if the texture is half the size with me not noticing a change in quality, it can only be good. icon14.gif

I just did a final check. I thought something was wrong as it didn't start to rain so I waited a long time then suddenly it started raining and man it rained. I got second thoughts of it maybe being a little too much but soon after I began feeling wet. I guess everyone here has sometime experienced a rain beyond ordinary, that's what it felt like and I did seriously want to run for cover even though it's just a game.

So yes the rain can get heavy but I love it so I'll release it with the NVG effect fix. This is propably the last version of Llaumax sky pack...

The changes in v1.2 are:

I removed the INQ's clear night vision textures so the DXDLL effect would work.

I added new rain textures based on WMR's rain which are much more visible during the day and also less cpu demanding.

LlauMax Sky Pack 1.2

Any mirror would be great as as the host isn't the fastest and it's only hosted for 30 days. You also need to wait a 40 seconds until you are able to download it.

The first post and the thread topic will be updated when I have some more permanent hosts.

Enjoy!

//Llauma

Questions:

1. I just ported V1.1 to VBS1 earlier today.

Other than the new rain and fix for INQ's NVGs (excluded anyway on the VBS1 side), any other changes?

2. The readme now mentions the weather transition bug. Was this resolved in 1.1 and returned in 1.2 or it was never resolved? rock.gif

Questions:

1. I just ported V1.1 to VBS1 earlier today.

Other than the new rain and fix for INQ's NVGs (excluded anyway on the VBS1 side), any other changes?

2. The readme now mentions the weather transition bug. Was this resolved in 1.1 and returned in 1.2 or it was never resolved? rock.gif

No, it's just those two things..

It was never resolved.. As I said the solution would be to use the same resolution for the rainy sky as for the rest but that looks really ugly. The weather shifts instantly but I can live with it as the thing that causes the bug is also what makes the sky nice ie. extremely low resolutions.

Mission makers can easily avoid that. I know it's not a perfect solution but who is perfect? tounge_o.gif

I know it's not a perfect solution but who is perfect? tounge_o.gif

Not you. You forgot to thank me for the mirror. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif