Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Llaumax sky pack v1.2

Maybe you didn't notice this but the way the FDF Mod did their nightvision was discussed a few weeks ago in the DXDLL topic.

Also i've helped Kurayami to make a comparable NVG for his great Enhanced ECP Config Project v0.4.4 .

So i guess this is more an option for people who can't afford to download the FDF Mod or still didn't try the new EECP.

Well i just placed the new file in the newdata folder, replaced the instaler and the nvg looked the same lol, but that was problably because im running version 1.1, anyway im going to install version 1.2 now to see how the nvg looks, im not complaining about the InQ. one though cause it really is a eye saver and i dont run post processing anyway, but after all these years i kinda missed some of the noise efect (just not all of it).

I think a 1.3 version could come in handy for people who use  Llaumax in MP, to make sure that if the addon is required by server all users see the same way maybe.

Anyway thanks to Keg, Llauma, Maximus, InQ, Rabitt and someone i may have missed ( tounge_o.gif ) for this great addon that keeps getting better.

edit:

Ok, i just deleted my 1.1 Llaumax folder, placed the 1.2 one, replaced the instaler and placed the nvg file in the newdata folder and ran the instaler and it still looks "clean" with no noise efect, the only diference i noticed was it looks almost full screen now, is this how it is suposed to be rock.gif .

And a side note with the new rain! i tried it in desert island in the editors default date may, 7 setting both weather sliders to the left (heavy clouds and full rain) and it was very light rain with very light rain sound, i was a bit disapointed at first but then i tried changing the date to october and bam, loud rain sound and it really rained, i actually wanted to find cover from the rain in desert island crazy_o.gif .

Is this a feature ive missed in 4 years of flashpoint? The rain volume depends on season or what rock.gif .

Ofcourse i love the new rain and the fact it has no performance impact i could tell.

"goes out singing in the rain in La Trinite.."

Somethings wrong with my photoshop so I can't fix the NVG vision frame.

It would be great if someone did a NVG frame that is somewhere between the original one and those used by FDF. After all you need to be somewhat limited in your field of view when using NVG's compaired to nothing.

As I couldn't do anything I tried using the textures from the binoculars. It's pretty nice and it shows that the NVG's has two 'goggles'. This is how the binocular textures without the scratches and grid looks. I could definitly live with that but what about you?

nvg_test.jpg

And a side note with the new rain! i tried it in desert island in the editors default date may, 7 setting both weather sliders to the left (heavy clouds and full rain) and it was very light rain with very light rain sound, i was a bit disapointed at first but then i tried changing the date to october and bam, loud rain sound and it really rained, i actually wanted to find cover from the rain in desert island crazy_o.gif .

The Sliders in the editor (I think) do not influence rain, only overcast and fog. use a trigger with...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">0 setrain 1

This will instantly make it rain at it's strongest at any time of the year. 0 is the duration it takes for the rain to reach the setting you put next, 1 is its maximum.

I like INQs NVGs as FDFs seem too clear to me, however I wouldn't know I've never used them IRL.

Cap.

Quote[/b] ]It's pretty nice and it shows that the NVG's has two 'goggles'. This is how the binocular textures without the scratches and grid looks. I could definitly live with that but what about you?

Well, if it was strict realism you were after then I'd have to say 'no'. I've been using goggles since the original Gen 1 ITT models back in the 70s, and am of the opinion that the BIS models are just about right for the mid 80s! I can certainly live with an improvement in the clarity of vision for later periods, but the binocular effect?! Anyone whose goggles were set up to give an image like that (wrong inter-pupillary distance) would have a splitting headache before very long as his/her brain struggled to match the views from the tubes. One of the main things we have to teach new users of goggles - after they've first experienced the "wow" factor of being able to see in the dark - is how to overcome the limitations of the equipment. One of the main limits is the limited field of view; people who're used to letting their eyes scan now have to get used to moving the whole head. Same in OpFP - the price you pay for being able to see in the dark is a bit more mouse-movement.

OK, I know the binocular mask is a familiar tool from cinema to emphasise that the scene is being viewed through bins, but it's slightly more important when simulating NVG-vision to apply the limited field-of-view this equipment allows. In my biased opinion!

By the way, I haven't included the obligatory - but true - statement that I think you people who can get 'puters to do all this stuff are simply amazing! Wish I had your skills...

The Sliders in the editor (I think) do not influence rain, only overcast and fog. use a trigger with...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">0 setrain 1

This will instantly make it rain at it's strongest at any time of the year. 0 is the duration it takes for the rain to reach the setting you put next, 1 is its maximum.

I like INQs NVGs as FDFs seem too clear to me, however I wouldn't know I've never used them IRL.

Cap.

Thanx for the small code sample.. Just to make you clear, INQ's nvgs are totally grainless while FDF has some small grain.

What you like are the original BIS one I suppose. The problem with the original NVG's is that combined with DXDLL nvg effect it's pretty hard to see.

@ThudBlunderQ8

You are right but I think that the original NVG field of view is too small. You need to consider that these NVG's will be used by Suchey's USMC and other modern units.

Fixing the texture is the easiest thing to do but I haven't got the working tools right now so plz could someone fix that? You need to be able to save as 32bit targa with alpha channels.

Right, its working and it does show some light "noise" efect but the vield of view is too big, if i remember correctly it was good with the InQ. frame in version 1.1 and i think that would be the perfect nvg, atleast for me.

The new texture plus InQ. frame would make a nice final version only in my opinion ofcourse wink_o.gif .

Dont stress it Llauma, you know we can wait tounge_o.gif .

I may be misunderstanding something here but you can have INQ's wider NVG view and still have the default noise which is used by DXDLL. Or is it that FDF's NVG's are less grainy than the default...

Cap.

If you want to use the BIS field of vision you just need to delete nightvisiontl.paa from the actual llaumax pack (in the newdata folder)

If you want to use the INQ_NVG field of vision you will need to download the llaumax 1.1 pack that is available here

Then extract the file nightvisiontl.paa, and you can delete the pack

Place the file you just extracted in the newdata folder of your actual llaumax 1.2 (or 1.3 i am a bit lost wink_o.gif ) pack , overwriting the actual nightvisiontl.paa

Nota Bene : By field of vision i mean the black area limiting the vision in the left/right/up/down position of your monitor

[mg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/Kilhoffa/NV.jpg[/img]

Is this what you guys see?

Yep, its barely noticeable but there is a very tiny noise efect that could be a tad increased and the frame is too wide, it could limit player fov a tad more but not has much has the BIS ones rock.gif .

I can't make a version that will satisfy both DXDLL and non-DXDLL users.. So I'll make two. Also I'll add a full screen frame and one with a limited field of view.

Just combine they how ever you want...

Hi!

I would like to restore default BIS water textures. I replaced the following files

from BIS data.pbo.

more_anim.01.pac

more_anim.02.pac

more_anim.03.pac

more_anim.04.pac

more_anim.05.pac

more_anim.06.pac

more_anim.07.pac

desta.01.paa

desta.02.paa

desta.03.paa

desta.04.paa

But it is still missing something. Water looks close to the default but looks a little coarse.

Any idea?

If you want to use the BIS field of vision you just need to delete nightvisiontl.paa from the actual llaumax pack (in the newdata folder)

If you want to use the INQ_NVG field of vision you will need to download the llaumax 1.1 pack that is available here

Then extract the file nightvisiontl.paa, and you can delete the pack

Place the file you just extracted in the newdata folder of your actual llaumax 1.2 (or 1.3 i am a bit lost wink_o.gif )  pack , overwriting the actual nightvisiontl.paa

Nota Bene : By field of vision i mean the black area limiting the vision in the left/right/up/down position of your monitor

Makes perfect sense, i think i will do that, thanks smile_o.gif .

Hi!

I would like to restore default BIS water textures. I replaced the following files

from BIS data.pbo.

more_anim.01.pac

more_anim.02.pac

more_anim.03.pac

more_anim.04.pac

more_anim.05.pac

more_anim.06.pac

more_anim.07.pac

desta.01.paa

desta.02.paa

desta.03.paa

desta.04.paa

But it is still missing something. Water looks close to the default but looks a little coarse.

Any idea?

If you wanna keep the original water just install the latest version 1.2 without changing or adding any new water textures.

The desta files are the rain textures.

@Heatseeker

Wheres my rabbit was kind enough to make several different frame textures so now I need to test them.

Hi!

from BIS data.pbo.

more_anim.01.pac

more_anim.02.pac

more_anim.03.pac

more_anim.04.pac

more_anim.05.pac

more_anim.06.pac

more_anim.07.pac

desta.01.paa

desta.02.paa

desta.03.paa

desta.04.paa

Any idea?

If you wanna keep the original water just install the latest version 1.2 without changing or adding any new water textures.

The desta files are the rain textures.

@Heatseeker

Wheres my rabbit was kind enough to make several different frame textures so now I need to test them.

Thanks!

My problem solved already. I used "dta" folder instead "res/dta" biggrin_o.gif

I have an idea for the next update (if you are making one). Could you please make the rain not so thick? I was playing a mission with rain and it just looks like blue streaks cutting up the screen sad_o.gif. Perhaps making them a bit lighter blue and a little more spaced out would help smile_o.gif.

I have an idea for the next update (if you are making one).  Could you please make the rain not so thick?  I was playing a mission with rain and it just looks like blue streaks cutting up the screen sad_o.gif.  Perhaps making them a bit lighter blue and a little more spaced out would help smile_o.gif.

There are several levels of rain.. The heaviest level is pretty heavy but it's up to the mission makers. I think that they're good enough so unless a petition is made I'll leave it like that.

sorry for posting in a old topic.. but.. how can i add the clear nvg googles instead for the standard nvg?

I liked the clear one much better smile_o.gif

Install the latest Llaumax, the grain is almost invisible. Or you can just download INQ's NV goggles and put them in the newdta folder and re-run the instal.bat

Or you can just download INQ's NV goggles and put them in the newdta folder and re-run the instal.bat

thx. will do that smile_o.gif

please could someone tell me the file name's of the clouds/sky's,thank's Edit= can i still download the old version with selesian's ocean?