Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Llaumax sky pack v1.2

I know it's not a perfect solution but who is perfect? tounge_o.gif

Not you. You forgot to thank me for the mirror. tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

I was going to post a thank you but you had posted some questions I had to answer first and I ended forgetting what I was going to do in the first place.. So thank you mam smile_o.gif

The changes in v1.2 are:

I removed the INQ's clear night vision textures so the DXDLL effect would work.

There are nvg textures out there from andersson (iirc) that have only enough of the noise left (first quarter of the texture) to generate the right checksum for dxdll, but are clear otherwise. Using those you only get noise on the border of the screen and the middle is clear. I really liked that better than the whole noisy screen.

And afaik you get a clearer screen with finmod. This is supposed to be a change in the nvg model, but using the original texture. I guess using that would be even greater...

Just in case you are looking for things that make a v1.3 worthwhile tounge_o.gif

Just in case you are looking for things that make a v1.3 worthwhile

Might as well start numbering them by the clock: LlauMax v16:14. crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add that the new rain is great! Need an umbrella addon.

Just in case you are looking for things that make a v1.3 worthwhile

Might as well start numbering them by the clock: LlauMax v16:14. crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add that the new rain is great! Need an umbrella addon.

Nothing stops the rain,not even a roof. Never really thought of it maybe 'cause I've never seen to rain that clear in OFP.

Now the rain actually matches the OFP sounds of heavy rain.

And Benu.. OFP is 20 years ago so the NVG's were not as good as today. I'm gonna stick with the standard textures. It's not hard to change them if you really need to. Just copy the new textures to the newdata dir and hit install.

I know that and do it already. I mentioned this because i thought other may want to do the same too. The texture from andersson is not that well-known and therefor worth mentioning i think. I would actually be more interested in putting the finmod nvg into the pack, but i did not check if it needs the texture at the (unusual) places finmod has them (fdf_w12/night or something). But i guess i will try that next smile_o.gif

omg i've got bits of sky packs coming out of my ears

nice you tweaked the rain i was thinking of doing that myself cos it was a bit overpowering at night.maybe a little too blue in the day now although not that noticable probs just me staring too hard at it biggrin_o.gif

Rather a stupid question but is there a way to get it to rain heavy and sometimes rain lightly,also how could I change lightning and the way the thunder sounds? Cause it sounds close but not that close....and I'm wondering if I can change em.

Rather a stupid question but is there a way to get it to rain heavy and sometimes rain lightly,also how could I change lightning and the way the thunder sounds? Cause it sounds close but not that close....and I'm wondering if I can change em.

I'm not a mission maker so I guess you should ask in the editing thread if there's a way to decide the level of rain.

Changing the lightnings and thunder sounds is nothing special. Just unpbo, replace and makepbo...

@ofp.info..Thanx for the hosting. I think it's the final version unless someone releases something really cool that conflicts with this pack so I have to change it.

I'm not a mission maker so I guess you should ask in the editing thread if there's a way to decide the level of rain.

Changing the lightnings and thunder sounds is nothing special. Just unpbo, replace and makepbo...

@ofp.info..Thanx for the hosting. I think it's the final version unless someone releases something really cool that conflicts with this pack so I have to change it.

i made some lightning for teh crap sky to see how it worked. get that if you want to see wot to do but it does wot it says on the tin

ie. crap...

basically 24 textures name starts with "blesk"

i planned on making some nice lightning but haven't got round to it yet

i'll send em your way llauma if they turn out nice wink_o.gif

edit:i thought rePBO'ing will bugger up the strela

lightning will have to be added to the sky pack new data folder

Theres a 1.2 version already rock.gif , hmm are the nvg's reverted to the bis ones completely? Cause they hurt the eyes badly in some/most circunstances.

I hope the blue rain filter was left out in this version too cause i never really liked the efect and it slowed things down a bit.

Alright time to check out the rain, it looked great in 1.1 so i guess it can only be better, thank you Llauma for your work smile_o.gif .

Theres a 1.2 version already rock.gif , hmm are the nvg's reverted to the bis ones completely? Cause they hurt the eyes badly in some/most circunstances.

I hope the blue rain filter was left out in this version too cause i never really liked the efect and it slowed things down a bit.

Alright time to check out the rain, it looked great in 1.1 so i guess it can only be better, thank you Llauma for your work smile_o.gif .

you can always personalise it to your own taste

just get your favourite bits from each sky pack and compile your own stick all the files in newdata folder and install.

read back thru this thread to find out wot bits are wot or use texview to see.

i can't get the new skies running smootlhy with dydll! when i start both, i get a ctd when starting the game, or my computer crashes!

my specs:

ATI Radeon Saphire 9800 Pro 256mb

1024MB DDRAM

2.4 Ghz P4

but when i start always only one of them, everything works fine!

PS: sry for ma bad englisch wink_o.gif

Yeah, i just put in the finmod nvg yesterday and i like it much better than the original one. It still has a little noise, but i guess i can't do anything about that without changing the config. But at least it is fullscreen and works well with dxdll.

i can't get the new skies running smootlhy with dydll! when i start both, i get a ctd when starting the game, or my computer crashes!

my specs:

ATI Radeon Saphire 9800 Pro 256mb

1024MB DDRAM

2.4 Ghz P4

but when i start always only one of them, everything works fine!

PS: sry for ma bad englisch wink_o.gif

how many other addons you got running ?

i get ctd on game start if i have too many loaded

you have a fair bit of memory there so i dunno.. i got 768 RDRAM

maybe a combination of gfx and terrain detail too high and too many addons loaded

terrain detail bumps up the memory used by game quite a bit tho

maybe lower setting if you have em high and try ?

then again i could be talking a load of shite :P

Yeah, i just put in the finmod nvg yesterday and i like it much better than the original one. It still has a little noise, but i guess i can't do anything about that without changing the config. But at least it is fullscreen and works well with dxdll.

I like them too but as FDF haven't released them outside the mod I can't use them without permission and when playing FDF the units will use the FDF NVG's anyway.

@Heatseeker

The NVG's in this pack is the INQ model with his textures and you have a big view field. The grain free night vision filter is removed though to allow DXDLL to work.

@Metalmalte

I can't come up with a reason so I'll check that out and hopefully find the problem.

Yeah but...would that be in the data pbo or 3D pbo or ..?

Yeah but...would that be in the data pbo or 3D pbo or ..?

The Data3D.pbo can't be edited manually without getting a CTD in MP but all the textures in Data.pbo can be edited.

You should edit the one in res\dta\hwtl or just edit the one in the llaumax dir which is the same but with new skies.

This is getting extremely difficult to follow...maybe a definative set of examples of each versoin should be posted so we can decide what version to download? crazy_o.gif

This is getting extremely difficult to follow...maybe a definative set of examples of each versoin should be posted so we can decide what version to download? crazy_o.gif

The first post contains the latest version.. Maybe it would be better to use different threads and close the thread for the previous version but now it's too late. Any information needed has propably been posted here.

To anyone who has downloaded or plans to download the fixed night vision by andersson.. The textures messes up the night vision in FDF. You get lots of stripes of clear and grain which isn't very nice.

But thanx to testing those textures I figured out how FDF has solved the problem. They have tiled the original night vision texture so the grain gets much smaller. So I made my own version of the NVG optics.

To install it you need to change the install.bat as the optika_night.p3d needs to be changed. So the question is that if I should just release a fixed sky pack again or if it's enough to release a pack with a model and new installer so people can fix it themselves.

My experience says that the best would be to release a complete pack as I know alot of people would need help. After all the sky pack isn't that big.

But first of all I need to ask if people would even want this in the pack or if they prefer the BIS style. If you don't know what I'm talking about just check how it looks in FDF. You get some grain but the grain size is much smaller which means that the grain isn't as disturbing.

Edit:

Here's the optics model + new installers

Just replace the previous installers and put the optika_night.p3d in the newdata dir and reinstall.