Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

X i'll do some voice acting 4 u... I can sound like a young american teenage grunt.... Maybe loosing his cool while under fire or desperately seeking some type of support from HQ... Give me a ring.

That's great news all of you guys. And Baz great to hear from you again. I'm sure i can fit in another voice actor somewhere.

Oh and just so you guys know. I have been away all weekend for a Zeus cathering in Amsterdam, so i'm a bit broke and all my muscles hurt from the paintball games we played today. So give me a day to recover. I'll get in contact quick enough.

Later gents,

Warrior Xâ„¢ [Zeus] is wacked out...for now. *snoooooor* tounge_o.gif

So what has been going in here, the RVN, while I was off to Africa to see into one of their little wars between my tours. Now I am back and definitely extending for another one. Any job for me? And what's your sitrep, Warrior X? When do we get some serious mission -" ... grunt tactics just don't work in this war: we've got to outguerilla them, little b ***s. ..."(one guy from the 5th Special Forces told that to Leppelman, s/p4 from 173d Airborne in Saigon: the paraphrase courtesy of "Blood on the risers ..." by John Leppelman).

So what has been going in here...

Well lot's of voice editing and recording has been going on here.

@ Tacrod

Thnx m8 for the soundfiles. Don't be so hard on yourself. You sound good buddy.  smile_o.gif

@ Rest of voice actors

Take it easy guys, my work is piling up quickly lol

I can build a bunker around me with voice recording files.  crazy_o.gif

@ Rest of campaign awators

Well you can read for yourself what is going on here tounge_o.gif

He is still working, please be patient, real life is an aspect.

That's ok, this campaign is really fun to play smile_o.gif Just needs the last mission and iron out the annoying bugs and all the odds and sods but I can't talk for Warrior X.

Yo heeeere's X  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah as Sim said, real life can be a pain in the a$s. I'm still working on it. As pointed out, i got some bugs to kill and some empty spots in missions to fill. Practically Sim told all the stuff that i gotta do on it in big lines. Thanks Sim  tounge_o.gif

All i can say is i have some real good spare time the next two weeks, so i'll do some real progress in these two weeks. It's all a mater of time really. And thanx for asking how it's going kakagoegie (jeez i sound like i am talking to a baby rofl) (yeah like X is a good name....NOT lol!) (enough kidding... wink_o.gif )

Don't worry i am still working. Stay tuned for news from the 'Nam. If only Charlie (read Real Life) would let me return to my hut in the jungle  (Read PC)i could continue work (Read day after tomorrow).

Seeeeee yaaaa'llll laters,

WaX™ *gone like a ghost again into the shadows*  ghostface.gif

Ja, dat is waar. In het Nederlands klinkt t een beetje als stront ofzo  biggrin_o.gif

translation:

In dutch it sounds a bit like sh!t or something like that.

LOL

hey i got a question for you...

ive updated a few of the seb nam stuff for personal use... like swaping out some of the guns for INQ ones along with the M60 sound on the helos for the INQ one.

ive also semi-completed the seb_1a.pbo with some armor. like the lvtp-5 i used an lvtp7 which is close enough.. but it can haul 25 troops in it. the M113, M163 replaced by INQ nam ones, along wiht the M60 replaced by the INQ nam one.

the east t34, t54, type 76 self propelled AA gun, and a couple otehrs i replaced too.. did you want these for your campaign? to release with your campaign i mean?

West Armor Changes:

APC.jpg

LVTP7.jpg

M113.jpg

M63.jpg

M60.jpg

east armor changes:

T76.jpg

T34.jpg

T54.jpg

Type%2063.jpg

there is a catch thou. it will require approx 40 megs of external addons which can either be packed together or linked via "readme"

edit: i should add that i know that its not perfect.. but its better then nothing at all right?

the type 63 AA is a lil differnt from the real thing.. the real thing had an armored gunners mount with twin guns.. .as oppsed to this one having no armor mount and 3 guns.. but the primary factor is it was an AA turrent mounted on a T34 chasis.

the LVTP5 replaced with a 7.... it was close enough in my opinion. again better then nothing.

Pappy, have you got permission from the SEB team to play around with the pack? I remember the last time someone wanted to do something like this SelectThis (I believe, could've been someone else) asked them not to release it, as the SEB team was planning to update the pack (though I doubt that is going to happen now tounge_o.gif). Just trying to save your ass before you get it burned tounge_o.gif.

well id ask ebud... althou last time i talked to him he told me i could edit any of that stuff that he didnt care anymore.... but i hadnt seen him on ICQ in awhile.

and like you said.. they arent gonna update it. ebud is helpin with offical VBS stuff.. selectthis has moved on to VBS and wouldnt give two shits and a penny about operation flashpoint. so i wouldnt hold my breath for the seb offical armor pack. and even if they were to do it... it would take at least 8 months to come up with even half decent models and textures for the pack.. and AA/OFP2/whatever u want to call it is destined for early 06... so.. even if u started on the pack now theres no way it would get done before the new game is released and people forget the name of this game.

like i said its better then nothing. crazy_o.gif but hey.. if they give a hoot and a hollar about thier addons... then when they read this they can either say "i dont care" or "how dare you mod our stuff you will die a horrible death!" as it usualy is with most modders.. but being ebud is so laid back i really dont see that happening here

Thnx for the offer Pappy Boyington, but i am so far into the campaign that if i would use new addons it would mean change some missions and probably the storyline along the way. And also a additional 40 mb to the current 45 mb needed for the campaign would mean a uprising of people who would like to play the campaign....in other words they would hang me crazy_o.gif

And as i am speaking anyway now, work is slow, but we are getting there. Current status 85%. End of story.

Quote[/b] ]Pappy, have you got permission from the SEB team to play around with the pack?  

as the SEB team was planning to update the pack (though I doubt that is going to happen now).

VTE team is right now working on the SEB NAM Pack stuff.

Quote[/b] ]ive updated a few of the seb nam stuff for personal use...

We are interested of the stuff you got there, can you send the stuff over to us so we can add them in?

You are free to continue this discussion on the VTE topic since we dont want to hijack Warrior X's campaign topic.

Alright the past activity in my thread showed me again that i haven't reported much news. So here goes.

First we start with some lovely and not so lovely pics from what i have been working on in the last few weeks:

Eenie meenie minie moo, poof your dead.

Chopper scene 1.

Chopper scene 2.

Chopper scene-ship scene 1.

NVA on the attack.

Mortar pit.

Bombing raid.

Search the vill.

Now that you saw i wasn't sitting quiet in a corner wathcing the world go by. Here's the next news.

help.gifNEED HELP!!! BIG TIME!!!! ME NEEDS YOUR ASS TO VOICE ACT!!!  help.gif

Yes people i am in serious need of voice actors! Let's say that about 90% of the work still laying around is voice acting work. I need voices. I need YOU! So here's some roles i need:

- Scared villager guy;

- Transmission on radio;

- Several chopper pilots;

- Truck driver;

- Gate guard soldier;

- Panicking soldier on radio;

- etc etc etc.

And i do need serious people who will record voices when i give them the text. Not people who say they will and they do not. Those people are worthless to me. If i can spend 1 year already making this thing, you can spend 5 min recording a voice and send it to me, if you would like to see this campaign finished. If i don't get some voices i will be forced to chuck all voice sounds out the window so far, and release the campaign with dull texts appearing in the screen.

Me needs you NOW! ...please....  banghead.gif

Greetings,

Warrior X™ [Zeus]  biggrin_o.gif

*cough* Just post your willingness through a pm to me. *cough* whistle.gif

hey mate

I'm still availiable for more voice acting smile_o.gif

Count me in for the voice acting. Just give me some lines. wink_o.gif

Thanks very much guys. I'm sending the files to you as i type.

And to the rest of the community. Thank you, but at the current time i got my voice actors for now. No need to reply anymore.

Greetings,

Warrior Xâ„¢ [Zeus] smile_o.gif

Did I do all that I said I would or are you still waiting on more from me? smile_o.gif