Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

New vietnam campaign

Heads up,

Campaign has new logo (Look in first post). And will also be using 1 more addon (bottom of list 1st post). Also things are coming along nicely. Expect some new pictures soon. Testing is in full progress, editing to.

Modifications to beta missions done/getting done. An estimate on the campaign would be somewhere between 65 and 70%. The remaining tasks are...well getting the story linked up more, getting the beta's further out of beta, finishing 1 or 2 missions to go into beta stage, making modifications to intro's and cutscenes. There ya go.  smile_o.gif

And will also be using 1 more addon (bottom of list 1st post).

wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

OK first of all, i asked around and to my knowledge it came to light that Ilo Ilo island and Meekong do not need Tonal island to function. This means a total of about 160 MB of addons can be chucked out the window as requirements for this campaign. This leaves it with a respectable 60MB, out of which 45MB is sebnampack 2.

If anybody can prove the above fact otherwise, please do.

Next a new set of pics.   biggrin_o.gif

First some cutscene pics:

Mean guy looking cool.

In the real 'Nam you would probably be sniperbate in this.

Some chitchat with the CO.

Some patrol passing by at a base gate.

And now some action pics blues.gif  :

Who's there?!!

Heavy encounters of the enemy kind.

Ambush!!!

Keep your eyes open.

You mother #$@%*, you can do better then that!!!

A nice boatride.

@Munk

Quote[/b] ]

wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

What ya gotta say to BAS getting removed from the addons list buddy  tounge_o.gif

Hey, Warrior X. Has this quotation been taken out of one of the Alice in Chains' songs, titled "Rooster", which came out along with the "Dirt" LP, back in 1992?I love Alice in Chains and Vietnam.Alice is no more(Layne Staley,+2002, R.I.P.) - where's the campaign then? ...

Bill Lee, SEAL Team 2, US Naval Special Warfare Command Vietnam

Yes it is a quotation from Alice in chains. i just found it fitting to the Nam scene. The original video clip has Nam in it and therefore i just put that down in my signature. And the campaign is still under developement  tounge_o.gif

btw quess where my leading caracter got his name from biggrin_o.gif

Roger that. Yes, I know the video - I've said that I love Alice in Chains and such thing comes with a certain attitude that involves knowing the subject of the feeling backwards. The story behind the lyrics of the song(and the video itself) is that the guitarist, Jerry Cantrell, wrote about his own father real-life experience(both of them appear in a few scenes with a hunting rifle). See what I mean? ...

Best regards.

Bill Lee, sgt 1st clas, 173rd Airborne,(participant of the only combat jump in Vietnam)

@Munk
Quote[/b] ]

wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

What ya gotta say to BAS getting removed from the addons list buddy  tounge_o.gif

Good news, my back up CDs being a pain in the ass!

But the again you promised me.... tounge_o.gif

Roger that. Yes, I know the video - I've said that I love Alice in Chains and such thing comes with a certain attitude that involves knowing the subject of the feeling backwards. The story behind the lyrics of the song(and the video itself) is that the guitarist, Jerry Cantrell, wrote about his own father real-life experience(both of them appear in a few scenes with a hunting rifle). See what I mean? ...

Best regards.

Bill Lee, sgt 1st clas, 173rd Airborne,(participant of the only combat jump in Vietnam)

you seem to keep changing units every post. Charlie wont like that, keep up the work wink_o.gif

you seem to keep changing units every post. Charlie wont like that, keep up the work  wink_o.gif

Burroughs is a man of many talents, mostly shifting around so Charlie can't find him. Just as we can't find Charlie. Ever came across a Vietnamese named Charlie? Rofl i know it's from "Gooooooodmorning Vietnaaaam!!"

And the work continues once more....

I'm really looking forward to this campaign. Are the missions very CPU intensive? Will my old P4 1.4 cope?

I'm trying to lower the lag as much as possible. I started the campaign when i had a AMD 1800, now i have more. But my testers haven't reported any lag so far (dunno what they have on specs). There might be 2 or 3 intensive missions in the campaign, but i'm working with body deletion and spawn scripts to try to counter the lag.

you seem to keep changing units every post. Charlie wont like that, keep up the work  wink_o.gif

Burroughs is a man of many talents, mostly shifting around so Charlie can't find him. Just as we can't find Charlie. Ever came across a Vietnamese named Charlie? Rofl i know it's from "Gooooooodmorning Vietnaaaam!!"

And the work continues once more....

well we go around and ask if there name is Charlie, If they say yes we shoot them. At the moment were having trouble they all have names like Nguyan and Nuan tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Alright, i am in need of 1 or maybe two voice actors at the most.

Requirements:

- Mic (duh);

- Some voice recording program (even Teamspeak has this);

- A voice that sounds at least a bit American/English.

pm me if your interested.

thnx, dismissed that will be all.  smile_o.gif

I guess there weren't too many Northern English accents in the Nam wink_o.gif

I guess there weren't too many Northern English accents in the Nam  wink_o.gif

Yeah well i am glad with any voice actually. As long as it sounds clearly understandable. This because:

1) I am not making a "uber" realistic Nam campaign;

2) It's a Nam campaign for fun;

3) The community is made out of more then just American speaking guys, so any good sounding english speaking dude can apply.

Placebo by any chance  tounge_o.gif ?

PM me what you'd have me say and we'll see wink_o.gif

mkay i'll send out the scripts for the voices later today when i get home from work and get some grub. Didn't have time the last couple of days heh sorry.

@tacrod

Australian sounds good. There were Australian forces in 'Nam so no problem there  wink_o.gif

Love Vietnam missions! All I play.

Still looking for voice actors? Done it before for packaged games.

Born in the US, Womack Army Hospital, Ft Bragg, NC (Fayetteville, NC) as a matter of fact. Needless to say I have a US accent. smile_o.gif

Just a update report so you guys know what's going on here:

- Beta testing is getting done. Currently have two beta testers doing (duh) the beta testing.  biggrin_o.gif (had 3 once, went back to 1 now have 2 again)

- Voice acting is getting done. Have six voice actors atm.

slowly (good otherwise i would drown in work) voice recordings are coming in.

Work to be done on the campaign:

- fix bugs;

- voice implementation;

- finishing couple of missions.

Estimate at campaign: 70%

p.s Yes moving slow, but last couple of miles of the road to the finish are always harder to do.  tounge_o.gif