Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Uscg pack beta

Just wondering if you'd wish to help the USS Arleigh Burke project with texturing and the like.

Drop me some info via PM or MSN.

nice job! love the retextures

shame that the c130 still flies exactly like it shouldnt sad_o.gif

btw:the coast guard badges are reversed in the cutter.

Quote[/b] ]addons without ofpec tags work just as well as the ones that do wink_o.gif

Yeh, this may be true, OFPEC tags have little effect on functionality. However, they do keep things tidy and help to avoid conflicts in future

(From OFPEC)

Quote[/b] ]OFP Tags were introduced in 2002 as a way of avoiding conflicts between different addon and mission makers. Today, almost everyone has their own, individual tag.

Infact, did you not guarantee that this addon would be OFPEC tagged Pappy?

Quote[/b] ]addons without ofpec tags work just as well as the ones that do  wink_o.gif

Yeh, this may be true, OFPEC tags have little effect on functionality. However, they do keep things tidy and help to avoid conflicts in future

(From OFPEC)

Quote[/b] ]OFP Tags were introduced in 2002 as a way of avoiding conflicts between different addon and mission makers. Today, almost everyone has their own, individual tag.

Infact, did you not guarantee that this addon would be OFPEC tagged Pappy?

nope. you reccomended we ofpec tag it.

but ofpec ticks me off.

so i decided agasint it. besides. i dont know of to many other USCG mods out there makin the same cutter  tounge_o.gif

i dont like ofpect and i hate ofpec tags. as a mission maker they tick me off even more. instead of "this addweapon 40mm" i gotta do "this addweapon blahblahblah_coolgun_reallyneatthing_weapon_40mm"

ofpect tags tick me off. wait did i mention that already?

edit: i should note i have well over 4 GB of addons that i run with OFP. 3GB worth are run simotaniously. about 1% of my addons carry that ofpec tag. and i have YET to have anything clash.

By NOT using OFPEC tags, you clearly show your disrespect for the community rules. Even BIS have sanctioned the OFPEC tag system as the proper way to avoid class/pbo name conflicts. mad_o.gif

Quote from official OFP page (here)

Quote[/b] ](...)

Name of the Addon should start with unique TAG of the creator (see http://www.ofpec.com/tags_about.php for more information about the TAG system).

(...)

Name of any mission installed should start with TAG

(...)

III) All included addons should be created in compliance with the TAG system.

(...)

IV) If the addons itself requires other addons to work properly, it has to:

i) include such addons in requiredAddons[] list

I don't really know why you hate OFPEC so much. Your "blahblahblah_coolgun_reallyneatthing_weapon_" are just 3 to 5 letters (!!!), that let you identify the given objects. mad_o.gif

It's just childish...

You say "i dont know of to many other USCG mods out there makin the same cutter"? I say sometimes you may be surprised.

PS. I don't really know where you could have found 2.9GB of OFPEC non-compatibile addons, unless you edited them all by yourself  crazy_o.gif

Edit: Sorry to sound harsh, but my point still stands.

By NOT using OFPEC tags, you clearly show your disrespect for the community rules. Even BIS have sanctioned the OFPEC tag system as the proper way to avoid class/pbo name conflicts. mad_o.gif

Quote from official OFP page (here)

Quote[/b] ](...)

Name of the Addon should start with unique TAG of the creator (see http://www.ofpec.com/tags_about.php for more information about the TAG system).

(...)

Name of any mission installed should start with TAG

(...)

III) All included addons should be created in compliance with the TAG system.

(...)

IV) If the addons itself requires other addons to work properly, it has to:

i) include such addons in requiredAddons[] list

I don't really know why you hate OFPEC so much. Your "blahblahblah_coolgun_reallyneatthing_weapon_" are just 3 to 5 letters (!!!), that let you identify the given objects. mad_o.gif

It's just childish...

You say "i dont know of to many other USCG mods out there makin the same cutter"? I say sometimes you may be surprised.

PS. I don't really know where you could have found 2.9GB of OFPEC non-compatibile addons, unless you edited them all by yourself  crazy_o.gif

Edit: Sorry to sound harsh, but my point still stands.

thats fine you have you opinion and i have mine.

if extraction wants to make it compatable thats up to him.

but i personaly dont like ofpec. i never have and i never will.

i dont like ofpec thier tag system or anything else related for that matter.

its not 3 letters it varys form 3 to 8. and the problem with it is is sitting in game (unable to alt tab) and go "ok lerts see here i want to assign this M82 to this soldier. ..ok well its this addweapon sjb_m82. .go in game. . .go back to the editor. .ok no it was sjbsrt2 go in game test nope thats not it eitehr. now sometimes but very rarly people make it easy. ag_smith. easy.  jam_weapon easy. INQ_weapon each. but most of them dont. they put thier initials thier name thier adress thier phone number and the blast code for the pekenese missel silo. so it becomes annoynig when your sitting there doin 90 tests and 20 minutes of work to assign one freakin gun to a unit.  it was much easier when it was "this addweapon desert eagle" "this addweapon M82" "this addweapon camom24"

its ironic too. everyone says "we should do the jam thing. . . where a buncha weapons all use the same mag that way its easier for people" but at the same time we promot the making of 9 million M4's we promote the making of 90 million different types of ammo and weapons.  without ofpec tags people would be forced to share weapons and we wouldnt have the problem of today that having 10 thousand weapons all the same. the only thing making them different is me_m4, you_m4, them_m4

no offense to sjb i just picked an ofpec tag user out at random

and thats my opinion and im stickin to it

remember: opinions are like assholes, everyone has one some jsut stink worse then others.

oh and the comment about other USCG mods doin the same ship. . .that was actualy a retorical remark due to the fact that there are no other USCG mods. at this late stage of the game there arent gonna be many new mods anyway.

sorry if u dont like my opinion on the matter but i dont like ofpec its as simple as that

Edit:

ok ok fine ill ofpec tag it. i didnt realize that not having an ofpec tag was such an evil sin here crazy_o.gif

just noone make any missions yet as it (the cutter) wont be compatable with version 1.0

This only leads me to a conclusion that we need some kind of better possibility to select & create loadouts via Mission Editor dialogs and we can only hope, that something like this will be included in OFP2.

Still, this doesn't excuses you from using OFPEC tags at all. We both know this. After all, your not going to use this addweapon "blablalbalbalba_very_long_ofpec_tag_hh60_version_99_block_66_jayhawk" for anything anyway.  tounge_o.gif

But as you already said, it's up to you what you do with your addon. Sadly, with some addons like these, I'll probably end  up editing them by myself one day, because the conflict will arise and instead of "GearUp" sound I'll hear some other nasty noise (really happened with 1st version of Scorpio's CH-53!). sad_o.gif

That's why I ask you to reconsider this matter.  rock.gif

Edit: Read your edit. Thanks. smile_o.gif

This only leads me to a conclusion that we need some kind of better possibility to select & create loadouts via Mission Editor dialogs and we can only hope, that something like this will be included in OFP2.

Still, this doesn't excuses you from using OFPEC tags at all. We both know this. After all, your not going to use this addweapon "blablalbalbalba_very_long_ofpec_tag_hh60_version_99_block_66_jayhawk" for anything anyway.  tounge_o.gif

But as you already said, it's up to you what you do with your addon. Sadly, with some addons like these, I'll probably end  up editing them by myself one day, because the conflict will arise and instead of "GearUp" sound I'll hear some other nasty noise (really happened with 1st version of Scorpio's CH-53!). sad_o.gif

That's why I ask you to reconsider this matter.  rock.gif

Edit: Read your edit. Thanks.  smile_o.gif

ok id liek to add too...

the ship was already ofpec taged blues.gif i didnt tag the weapons but the ship itself was

USCG_BI

now it has USCG_weapon name

and ill revisit the other ones and tag them too

but i warn you: next person who says "ofpec tag" will be bitten ghostface.gif

These addons look nice and I'll be happy to use them, when they're TAGged...

By tagging your addons you also get more chances that server admins use them, most of them wont even consider it if they're not TAGged as running a server can be quite some hassle already, the last thing they need being another potential source of problems.

@ May 27 2004,02:45)]These addons look nice and I'll be happy to use them, when they're TAGged...

By tagging your addons you also get more chances that server admins use them, most of them wont even consider it if they're not TAGged as running a server can be quite some hassle already, the last thing they need being another potential source of problems.

upon next release everyting will be taged with the USCG_xxx tag

there smith its 4 letters  tounge_o.gif

update on the pilot

LHURRICANE__0049W.jpg

Real Life Pilot (middle)

newcgtexp2.jpg

BAS SOAR Pilot Retex. i still need to retexture the helmet and edit the nvg's off it. and awaiting permission from BAS so dont get your hopes up on this version of the pilot til TJ replies to my email or deadmeat signs on MSN.

By NOT using OFPEC tags,

you clearly show your disrespect for the community rules.

rock.gif    rock.gif    rock.gif

That's nothing but just plain silly...

Where are the "community" rules, and which

member(s) of the community wrote them??

I'm happy I got a FREE add-on which is so much fun.

I never felt disappointed or disrespected for not

having the tags.. I say GREAT WORK as is.....

Maybe that's just me tounge_o.gif

Good news all I asked Footmunch to help with Fastrope on Seahawks and he made on 1 model fastrope works great and I made it now for all seahawks wink_o.gif

So release is real close only some little fixes here and there and they are good to go for release wink_o.gif

By NOT using OFPEC tags,

you clearly show your disrespect for the community rules.

rock.gif    rock.gif    rock.gif

That's nothing but just plain silly...

Where are the "community" rules, and which

member(s) of the community wrote them??

Pretending that there are no rules (even if not written down anywhere) is silly.

That's it. I'm not going to start a flame war here and I'll not respond to further posts about it here.

ExtracTioN, sorry for going off-topic, mate. wink_o.gif

no problem ag_smith m8 wink_o.gif

It is all my own fault to not tag my addons guys sad_o.gif  

The Seahawks they are not tagged right now  sad_o.gif

What do you guys want that I tag them right now will take 1 or 2 weeks that it will be released.

Or

Tag them later and release it today or tommorow.

I registered on OFPEC long time ago with my tag BOC but everytime when my addon is almost finnished I than think damn forgot to tag my addon  sad_o.gif

Up to you guys wink_o.gif

Update Seahawks they are good to go now without OFPEC Tag sad_o.gif

The SH-60R version in old version is updated to it has no more red paintings cause choppers with red paintings are test versions wink_o.gif

So it is not grey colour only what shall I do release it now tag them later or tag them and release it when it is finnished rock.gif

If it was up to me, I'd tag them and then release to save confusion. wink_o.gif

Update Seahawks they are good to go now without OFPEC Tag sad_o.gif

The SH-60R version in old version is updated to it has no more red paintings cause choppers with red paintings are test versions wink_o.gif

So it is not grey colour only what shall I do release it now tag them later or tag them and release it when it is finnished rock.gif

extraction get on MSN and send me the config ill tag it for u. it only takes about a minute to do it

If it was up to me, I'd tag them and then release to save confusion.  wink_o.gif

*|bites ag_smith|* mad_o.gif what i say? next mention of ofpec tags will get you bitten tounge_o.gif

we will tag the addons ok chill smile_o.gif

There is so minor bug. When i want to use flare in C-130 it display "flare.p3d" not found or something like that. Propably bad patch for model.....

Quote[/b] ]

*|bites ag_smith|* what i say? next mention of ofpec tags will get you bitten

IMHO OFPEC tags are very good idea, becouse thiey awoid conflits with other addons. You said something ? smile_o.gif

There is so minor bug. When i want to use flare in C-130 it display "flare.p3d" not found or something like that. Propably bad patch for model.....
Quote[/b] ]

*|bites ag_smith|*    what i say? next mention of ofpec tags will get you bitten

IMHO OFPEC tags are very good idea, becouse thiey awoid conflits with other addons. You said something ? smile_o.gif

in my topic u trouble shoot. . ..in this topic about im about to shoot u for causing trouble tounge_o.gif

Updates:

C130:

*retexture (darker textures)

*jpeg textures converted to paa/pac

*model and lod's modified slightly to reduce lag considerably

USCGC Block Island:

*small model changes

*the abilty to get out and walk around on deck

*abilty to launch and retrive a rescue boat

USCG Pilot:

*BAS_SOAR Model (retextured)

*2 versons- Herc Pilot, and Helo Pilot

USCG Pilot model still awaiting permission from BAS.

USCG Cutter model edited by Col Klink

USCG rescue raft model and textures by Col Klink

USCG Herc Model edited by Col Klink

Updates:

C130:

USCGC Block Island:

*small model changes

USCG Pilot:

Sounds nice wow_o.gif

Pappy look in PM wink_o.gif

Updates:

C130:

USCGC Block Island:

*small model changes

USCG Pilot:

When are you going to release the new version?